It is light cheap and basic. No bad light an excellent idea. No frills but good signal strength and nice color blue. I bought 2 piece
Anonymous, 10 Apr 2012this phone is the "new" nokia 103 with other colour....or is it the "new" 1280 with a more exciting color and redesigned form right?
well my nokia 303 just got stolen and im using a nokia 1280 now and i can say that this phone is very easy to use but people say your cheap
well, the latest firmware (v6.52) has been released. I will try upgrading my device tomorrow and see if nokia has finally fixed those bugs or not ...
Even if you have the latest firmware version installed on your phone (V 06.51), the phone still has many bugs. Here they are:
(I will sort them based on the most annoying one):
0 (the most annoying). The 'auto-restart' phenomenon does exist in this version. So, beware of this amusing moment.
1. Sometimes the contact search result shows '(no matches)' whereas it should not. If this is not fixed in the newest firmware release, I suggest Nokia change their slogan rather than 'Connecting People'.
2. The contact sorting mechanism is also poor. For names that starts with normal alphabet, the sorting does fine. But for names beginning with non-alphabetic letter like "." (dot), these contacts are sometimes sorted in screwed order. Try it yourself.
3. Even if the 'Memory in use' in contact setting is set to 'Phone', it always shows all contacts from the phone memory and SIM card. So, whatever your choice is, the phone will always show all contacts from the phone memory and SIM card. Funny, eh? :D
4. The T9 dictionary adjustment is also silly. It is always turned on when you try to create new (and empty) text message. For me, it's useless, since English is not my native language. The only solution is switching off the dictionary via the given menu.
The voice leakage is also the downside of this phone.
I have tested this phone using BL-5CB (its built-in battery) with the backlight turned off. The battery lasted for 4,5 days with heavy use of texting and normal use of voice call. Very awesome!
im having currently nokia 6610i which is daba and all duplicate parts in it.now i am planning to change to nokia 100 or nokia 1280. Plz suggest which is good ones . plz plz plz plz
- Value for money
- Got it for RM 85 (original set) at Malaysia
- The loudspeaker is too soft
kamal, 19 Mar 2012anyone plsss tell me.....is there LIGHT ONLY MODE??kamal do u want to keep its light on ?
if u want this thing, all you have to do is press twise the up aerow key....
hey guys!!! this is a very nice mobile, got a good batery timings, the thing which i love it most, its keypads are just awes0me :)
FrokenVee, 10 Mar 2012Hi, How did you connect your headset into the speaker I also want to do that...PLease advise.... morebuy a 3.5mm jack connector and connect it to ur 1280s(headset) and the 3 lids(red, white n yellow color) unto ur speaker system. power on ur speaker system and tuned in ur 1280 to ur favored fm and there u go...