I have been using Nokia 2300 for really many years & stil use it! Of cos, I EVEN use other - generally - more advanced phones.
I use 2300 every day, becos:
* The PHONE SIGNALS are really effective, special, fun - & unique! ...A uniqe "PING"-sound!! I like that sound! I havent heard such sounds from any other phones..! (U can especially notice that if u compose ur own signals in "Composer"!)
* The RADIO has really better receiving/reception than many, many other phones (that I tested)! Even better than very new phones I think. And! U can change FM-channel extremely quick(!) with the handfree-button. Thats very nice when u are outside, & for example are riding a bike or so & want to change channels very QUICKLY. Its more quick than "a flash from the sky", hahaha! Yes, even many other Nokia's are clearly slower (but for example Nokia 2310 got the same "type" of radio. That phone is, in some ways, related to 2300. (2310 is a phone that is better in some ways than 2300, but in some ways worse.)).
Ok - 2300 has no stereo radio, but I mostly like to listen with only one-ear-handsfree, so it doesnt matter. I can listen to stereo radio some other time.
One bad thing: the maximum *low volume* on the radio is a bit too high... And thats not good. Not good by Nokia... (I myself - by my "technical compentent" - changed the hearphone part to a hearphone that need more power to give sound. So the sound went lower. But who can do that? Maybe all handsfrees should have a little volume-knob, so everyone can change volume without pressing a button on the PHONE).
The radio also could have more FM-channels memory than only 10 channels. But 10 channels is quite much anyway. :)
One more good thing about the radio: It has a very natural sound!
* Ok, the phone hasnt the best memory & battery-time, but(!) u CAN have another (kind of) phone with you, so that 2300 not are in big work so much time.
* The type of handsfree for 2300 CAN - nowadays - be a bit hard to find. U cant buy those newer kind of Nokia handsfrees that LOOKS like they are fitting 2300 (cos Nokia has changed the ways that the power goes through the contac). U can find a right handsfree in second hand shop. Oh, its maybe even possible to find some of them in places where people leave their old electronical return things. People even throw away good 2300-batteries!)
* I like the buttons on 2300! First I thought they looked bad, but nowadays I find them really good, & I can write sms without look at the keypad. Some other phones with good buttons - in my opinion: Nokia 3310, 6210, 3510, 3100, 1100, 1110, 1600, Sony Ericsson J10i2 (Elm)...
I dont like buttons who not gives a feeling in the finger that I have typed the RIGHT key. For example 3120 & many new Nokia phone in this year, 2013.
* One of bad thing is that the digital clock in standby is NOT like Nokia 1100's. Thats pretty bad. I think the standby-clock in 1100 is really fantastic. Its very clearly to watch. I guess Nokia wanted to make some "extra special" stanby-clock in 2300, but in my opinion they went "to far" in that case, cos the "stanby"-clock in 2300 isnt in my taste.
* Another bad thing. In my 2300 ("V. 3.42 28-01-04 (c) NMP" - when I press *#0000#) the writing in sms goes a bit "bad" when the sms is longer than 160 letters - in some situations letters turn to numbers - & many other strange things. Though this is only happen in so called T9-writing.
And u can only type about 3x160 letters (3 sms) at one time. Not so good. Nokia 2310 does 5x160 (5 sms). That is be better.
Too bad that many people has had much trouble with "bad firmware" & hang ups & so with 2300. Not fun... Though my 2300's is quite ok.
I really like the design of 2300! Nokia dont do phones with that kind of look any longer. Too bad!...
And the phone is also quite small. I think phones like Nokia 2300, 2310, 1100, & so on, got a very comfortable size. But - for example - such phones as Nokia 5310 Xpress Music are TOO thin. Its not comfortable with that size I think. (If u are technical competent, 5310 is also extremely diffically to open in a more ways if u want to open more than only the cover of battery-/sim-card...)
So in short words - Nokia 2300 got:
Fantastic unique ring-signals, & got a really "pro" (mono) radio! And much more.
Ok - the phone did not at all(!) reach the selling top - like Nokia 1100..., but I think those who like 2300 phone (if it not got big defects) are happy with it!
Its really a Special mobile phone ... :)
It was my first phone, and i still love it and i need it again and again.Any one who can help me!
Am from Tanzania East Africa
I got this on 2006 and I sold it after a year. I think I'm gonna get this phone again by tomorrow. Yay! So excited. :D
I think my phone lost its Operating System (OS). When I switch it on, it just blank with backlights on.
It ws my frst phone..n i still have it..u can count on it wen ur anroid based phne hangs :) .. its a durable phone...
My first mobile and looking very beautiful. I lost it. I want to purchase it now. But i can't get it.
this phone is just superb always remember that simpler the life tat much better i dnt know y whole world rins around andriod and symbian y cant they rekax peacefully...... HATTS OFFF TO WORLD'S GREATEST PHONE NOKIA2300 I LOVE IT n guess what its was manufactured on my b'day...tat makes really awesome,,, it stands for5days without charging.....
There's no phone on Earth that's best like NOKIA 2300.I've had it 4 five years n still I don't regret.Pliz Nokia corp bring it back 2 market.
my first phone. luved it.
used many high end n expensive cells after tat. but FM did not get clear FM reception like this cell ever. kind of nostalgic
i used it, really great experienced with this h/s, i love it..........
Its Vry good and handy phone &Its lok like butterfly
I love this phone.
i had use this phone wat a cell this was great experince with it!!!!!!!!!!