Hi, I just bought this phone. 2 questions.
1. What is the "E" symbol in the top centre of the display? it's to the right of the battery meter
2. Should it come with a data cable? (Because it didn't), and if not, how can I get data onto it.
I can't see a reason to put a MP3 player in phone witn 10MB int memory and without memory slot.
CellFoneFan, 29 Apr 2010To answer some questions:
You can use this phone as a GPRS modem, as PC Suite is supported on... moreI have difficulty hearing the person at the other end.
my phone is only one week old.
what am i not setting correct.
I bought this phone as a back up phone (my n97 mini had to go to the phone doctor), and my short review is as follows:
- It's a low cost phone, so I didn't expect much regarding quality, however it's made of plastic, and the advantage of this is that it's very light. It disappears in your pocket and it feels sturdy.
- The menus: It's the old-established s40 system, with a black and white, calm theme which makes it easy to see what's on the screen.
- Works flawless with the bluetooth in the car, and with the easy menu it's easy to find the contact you will call. Speed dialing works great as well.
- Radio: OK, it's there and it picks up the best signals, but doesn't pick up signals a full blown radio would find with ease.
- Camera... Good enough for taking a picture if you want to remember something but not as a normal camera. More a tool and a help for you than a recreational thingi.
- Memory... Forget it. You can download a couple of programs to it, but it wont hold much extra with the 8-9 Mb that is available for you. It's better to keep these bits and bytes for the few pictures you probably will take.
- On the ear: A bit metallic voice, though I hear what the other caller says.
-Texting: Very good actually. T9 works flawlessly, of course as with all new phones you must add "your words" to the dictionary, but hey, the keys are good. MMS works as well, depending on your network provider.
If you buy this phone, you are buying a light weight, easy to use, sturdy enough phone, with a calender, alarm clock, bluetooth, radio and small camera. As a care phone connected to the radio with bluetooth, it's a good choice because it's cheap and the voice quality raise using the car radio as a receiver. The weight and price is impressive and it is the type of phone you don't fall on your knees crying if you loose it somewhere. All contact and message information you keep in you synchronized OVI program anyway.
All in all, very much phone for a fair price.
Jas, 28 Apr 2010Hai, i like to purchase Nokia 2330..May i know the comments regarding this model? whether it i... moreI would try something else - this phone is very weak and broke too easily 1 small bump and the screen died.
its the worst fone nokia evr made...Dont evn dare buying it n yeah i know it looks lucrative but believe me its really slow does not hav suffi memory n above all keeps getting hanged time to time..
I recieved my phone on the 05/05/2010, it is really use friendly the only problem for me is that the memory is small otherwise I am statisfied.
have any body seen the screen of this model ? some waves like movements are seen .i have checked with nokia care, but they said , this model is like that. any body can have experience like me...
i manage to put keyguard on my phone with out entering a number...what do i do?
I have bought this phone today and I am very happy about it. Before buying my phone, I read all the reviews here and find this phone to be worth the price. The only thing that is little lacking is the camera. The picture quality is not very fine but then again at this price I am satisfied with the camera too. The GPRS works fine and I think it also supports Edge technology because a little E appears when you are browsing the web. The browser opera mini is great but it loads the pages directly. That requires more amount of data to be sent and hence costs more. If only it had a browser that was optimized for wap or mobile browsing then it would have transferred less data when using GPRS and hence GPRS would have cost a less. Other features of phone are quite nice. It detected the GPRS and MMS settings from my sim card automatically, which I had to install manually in my previous phone LG KP220. I haven't installed any Java applications yet but I think this phone is going to work fine with them. The ring tone is loud is clear. It has an in built memory of 10 Mb. I recommend this phone to all those people who are concerned about budget. It has got all the features of an advanced phone at a low price.
Jas, 28 Apr 2010Hai, i like to purchase Nokia 2330..May i know the comments regarding this model? whether it i... moreHey, I own this phone and it runs fine. But also take look at the new Nokia 2690. It's memory can be increased upto 8 GB, unlike 2330.
Anonymous, 28 Mar 2010sir go to settings & then go to display & click on screensaver & then click off b... moreTo stopp white screen problem don't just lock keypad but put phone in full stand by mode by pressing red button after locking keypad. Doing this has solved my white screen problem
To answer some questions:
You can use this phone as a GPRS modem, as PC Suite is supported on this model (as well as Ovi), but have to do so through bluetooth...the usb-lookalike port is a test port and doesn't actually support usb protocol directly. (A hacker might use this, or the flashing port under the battery cover, in conjunction with a 'smart' cable and/or box and the appropriate software, but for the average user this isn't practical.)
Sound quality on calls is superb (as with the others in this series), the speaker has very good, loud and full-bodied sound, and the ringer is loud also (or can be, depending on setting).
hi can any one pls tell me about the ring tone out put that is the sound quality... it would be helpful for me.. thanks in advance.