marion, 06 Nov 2013How can we put Whatsapp on Nokia 301?whatsapp comes pre-instaled - go to my applications in the menu. Also facebook,twitter,ebuddy,the weather channel, youtube...
Anonymous, 10 Nov 2013Which one is the best?301 or 208.Nokia 301 camera megapixels 3.2 vs. 1.3 - and battery in conversation 6h vs 4.3h. The browser are alike but i recommend to install opera mini 3 - smarter.
Emin, 15 Nov 2013Can i use what's up messenger to this phone?Yes, whatsapp comes pre-instaled - go to my applications in the menu. Also facebook,twitter,ebuddy,the weather channel, youtube...
jack, 19 Nov 2013sterday i got nokia 301, is it possible to browse internet other than using nokia xpress brows... moreHi, i got it 10 days ago. I don´t know about capacity of photos , but for a better browser visit www.m.opera.com in the nokia browser, and look for version 3.1 to install -there are other newer - you can try all - but this one allows navigation quicker going up-down of the page using the left-right of the ¿pad? (i don't know the right word), good luck. -
I've bought this phone because I'm not so attracted by smartphones. I'm pretty confident with it, though there are some bad points... So, based on my 6 months experience with it :
Good points :
- can download Opera browser on the Store (ex-Ovi)
- Facebook, WhatsApp, Line, Mail and Twitter apps work well.
- as it uses Nokia compression system, it has reduced data use on websites and Youtube
- you can switch in one click between web data/no web data use, on a button you can add on the main menu, very useful if you don't need app's notification to increase battery life.
- in Youtube, there are 2 video modes, useful for very low data use or bad 3G network
Bad points :
- cannot read wma music
- cannot read asian/arab characters on the european version -except on the Facebook app !-
- battery life is barely one day, actually like what I heard from a smartphone. But if you only exchange SMS or make short calls, and activate web data use only when browsing mail, app or web a little, it can reach 3/4 days
- when using Facebook app, if you want to open a link out, you are redirected to the old and basic Nokia Xpress browser with big characters and no images, not to the more recent one that is for main use on the phone. I hope this could be fixed in the next updates
- You cannot access to some of Youtube official contents, the same as on some smart TV Youtube app, so this is not due to Nokia.
- There is not any basic Google Maps app. Only the 'Nearby' app will show you a basic pic around your actual location
- No flash support due to S40 system, so no streaming on Youtube or radio websites
- Material of the screen is very fragile, so you have to protect the phone or the screen from keys, pens... in your pocket or your bag
- last but not least, sounds quality during calls is low.
I enjoy this phone for daily use, and its connectivity through Facebook, Twitter or Line. And also, for the extensive use of Youtube you can do as the data consumption is low. But I am disappointed for its sound quality in calls and the limitations on streaming and variety of files that it can read. It also seems Nokia chose a battery type that just fits this phone with a lifetime between charges as short as the one of smartphones. It could have been much longer, considering the phone's limitations.
sterday i got nokia 301, is it possible to browse internet other than using nokia xpress browser..
coz i can able to only read things not able to view/ download images/ mp3, and also only 1000 photos it is showing in gallery- how to see all? how to see the contents in memory card.
as i was using nokia- E5 for the last two years, im struggling with 301. can anyone help me in this?
wael ksa, 17 Nov 2013how is the battery live in nokia 301 ???? its longe or short time pls reply Battery last for 2 days.. Web browsing drains the battery lot.. Not so worst as some mentioned.
how is the battery live in nokia 301 ???? its longe or short time pls reply
I've had this phone for the last 20 days. It's a good simple phone. Well suited for basic use. I charge it at the most once in 2 days. But while using it ((basic use, no internet)) I found these drawbacks in it:
* It does not show pics in landscape mode.
* It does not show missed calls anywhere on the top of the screen.
* No smart search for contacts and in music folders.
* Can't access the phone data through PC Suite.
I have had this phone for the last 20 days. Overall a good and simple phone. Well suited for basic use. I charge it at the most once in two days. But while using it ((basic use, no internet)) I find these drawbacks:
* It does not show pics in landscape mode.
* It does not show missed calls anywhere at the top of the screen.
* No smart search for contacts and music folders.
abilash, 14 Oct 2013nokia 301 excellent budject phone,the only problem s battery back up,slightly low comparing to... moreI've watching youtube videos with it but am just not familiar with the streaming part
Hi to all.. is this phone dual standy-by on its dual sim.. i'm just gonna use it though for back up phone since i have a primary phone.. please reply asap anyone..
does the battery of nokia 301 can placed on the nokia 108? coz the both has same batteries type
i am very offset for battery. battery life is very poor. Everyday i have to charge however i am not using music or internet.
can somebody please confirm if the battery on this phone is really as claimed in the specs? thanks
Can't synchronize contacts, calendar, notes with outlook.
Can only transfer one way old Nokia 6012 contacts via Bluetooth to 301. Hence u don't have anyway of backing up your contacts, calendar n notes to outlook n to another phone even if its a Nokia Symbian phone.
PC suite n Nokia suite does not support this phone. There is no software from Nokia to assist with this
Can't copy contacts from phone to sd card as backup
It is absurd that Nokia would ignore d basics. Regretted buying this phone
friend if u want to deactivate 1 sim , u go to the setting and chk that there is an option of flight mode u can select 1 sim on flight mode, after that u can deactivate the 1 sin :)