guys,i am having this problem with my music player.
if i go to most played(under the tracks list)and click any other song other the top 14, it plays some other song. i found the same problem in 5300
anybody facing the same problem??
----- had the same problem too..it plays a different song because the file name of the song has been change..the phones crazy...
Hey guys,...i just bought this phone 5 days ago...your opinions here made me buy 1...hehehe...and it rocks!!!..ummmm I just noticed, when I take pics at slightly dim places...the green pixels are visible with or without thw night mode..is this normal????
Help me please'
To start these all over first, the IRDA is actually cannot be termed properly as a connection type rather IRDA is actually an association. IRDA stands for Infrared Data Association, a group of device manufacturers that developed a standard for transmitting data via infrared light waves. So just simply call it Infrared or IR and not IRDA. And to answer your question about 3110c's infrared being a class 1, the answer is yes, the 3110c's infrared is class 1.
And to begin with your question:"Aside from the usage, is display also a factor?"
And the answer is "Yes". It is because the 3110c uses the TFT display while on the other hand, the 5200 uses the CSTN display. As you can observe in the TFT display it is brighter and the downside is, it consumes the battery fast than other display types. And this is because in the TFT display, each individual pixel is individually lit by the backlighting. So in other words, each individual pixel contained in a specified pixel count drains battery. So no wonder why TFT drains the battery really quick.
And finally to answer your question about the 3110classic and 3110evolve camera's megapixels is just simple. Simply multiply the two given figures like this:
1280 pixels x 960 pixels= 1228800 pixels
1280 pixels x 1024 pixels= 1310720 pixels.
All you have to do to get the megapixel equivalent of the camera resolution is to move 6 decimal places to the left from the derived results. Enjoy.. :)
People with RESTART PROBLEMS.
Hey guys... Yes like Frank has written below,
Restart Problems can be a thing of the past. Just follow these steps and experience for yourself.
1. Format the card... if possible using the PC.
2. Leave at least 3 - 4 mb of phone memory free.
3. Organize the folders in the memory card like ... Music ... Video ... Photographs ... Games etc.
4. Convert all music to Mobile Optimized M4A fformat @48kbps or Mobile Optimized AAC @96kbps. This way you can save space and fit more music on the card... and it will not be lossy either.
5. Put the music in the music folder with subfolders for different artists ... I advise you to let Nokia PC Suite to do it for you.
6. Avoid putting music that are more than 8-9 mb directly without converting. (Try not to put MP3 with High bit rates like 256 or 320 kbps. such high bit rates (higher fidelity) are useless on the phone and will only occupy more space without increasing the quality of the audio.
7. Once you are done with putting music in the phone, update your music library. You can also manually restart the phone so that the phone can restart with the new goodies added to it's library.
8. Leave at least 10% - 15% space free on the memory card.
Follow the steps and enjoy your 3110c .... Make Restart Problems a distant history.
good allrounder. display brightness can't be adjusted. so, battery performance cannot be bettered on that score. low alarm volume.
C0nfused.. How u say that 3110 evolv only hav 1.23 mp cam? I saw it hav 1.3 cam in specs. Can u explain? Didn't get it.. And also, is it true that IRDA connection is class 1 in 3110?
Hi... Why s 3110 battery n0t so gud? My sistah's 5200 work wid at least 2 dys while my 3110 never reach 2 dys. Why? Aside from use, is display also factor? I n0tice 3110 is brighter than 5200.
The Nokia 3110 evolve is a newer phone. And the difference of the 3110classic from the 3110evolve aside from the model attribute "classic" and "evolve", the Nokia 3110evolve is made from 60%(if i'm not mistaken) recycled materials. So that's why Nokia advertised it as an environment friendly phone because of that concept. Furthermore, the 3110evolve comes prebundled with the new environment friendly Nokia AC-8 travel charger. And it is said that this new charger of Nokia stops charging the battery all by itself in case you forgot to unplug the charger from the wall socket and the battery is already full.. Aside from that differences, the features are identical to this 3110c.. But i have noticed that the 3110evolve got 1280x960 pixels or 1.23 megapixel camera only while the 3110classic got 1280x1024 pixels or 1.3 megapixel camera. But anyway, let's not put much sense to that. I bet the camera performance is still the same even with that minor differences. And i guess 3110evolve will cost you more because it is still a newly launched phone and you know that normally, phones always have a high launch price as opposed to its price by the duration of a year or more. Whereas the Nokia 3110classic has been around for quite a long time already. So i guess the price of 3110classic is relatively lower when compared to the price of 3110evolve.
Anyway, it's up to you what to choose. :)
the phone is doing good actually. i have it with ny operamini v.4,v.3 and v.2. my yahoo go! is active and its on the latest version. you can download the latest version of your software using your phone's browser. its on the phone's setting just click phone update then click download phone software.be sure your configuration setting
is correct(network services). no re-starting problem was encountered so far although it is downloaded with more than 200 mp3 songs.....
Firmware version 06.01 is only available on the Nokia Care Centers. And I think it depends on your country. I have read the post of Nik and he said that v.06.01 is still not available at Nokia Care in their country. Here in the Philippines, v.06.01 is already available.
I am currently enjoying the latest firmware v.06.01 and i seriously haven't experienced the restart problem in such conditions where the v.05.50 used to restart like the condition wherein i got a corrupted mp3 music file. In v.05.50, it's already acting like crazy but with v.06.01, it really didn't restart. Imagine, it's already 5 days pass and still counting, the corrupt mp3 file is still on my phone right now and still i haven't experienced restarting. But to be honest with you, i don't think the v.05.50 is too serious in restarting if only you will be careful about the corrupt mp3 files as it is the only condition where i have experienced restarts. It's already 3 months now that i haven't experienced restarts..
And just an addition to what fireball have posted below, the infrared of the 3110c is a class 1 laser product as stated in the user's guide. So it's really fast. And the bluetooth is version 2 with Enhanced Data Rate and also supports the Advance Audio Distribution Profile(A2DP) and AVRCP that allows you to listen to your mp3's through a stereo bluetooth headset.
yesterday night while updating library my fone started restarting,i was amazed as my fone version is 06.01.restarting continued till morning.scanned for viruses but found nothing.
The Nokia 3110 evolve is the newer version.It come in a small box and I think good battery life.But if you are going for the Nokia 3110 Classic do not go for the version with the software version 5.50.It has restart problems when you use a memory card.Without the memory card its fine.
here are the answers to your questions.
1. Does this phone have modem option? yes, it can support gprs and edge coonection. i am currently using my 3110c as my modem.
2. Is it good as 6300? 3110c and 6300 is just almost the same for me. 6300 only offers better screen resolution and 2 mp camera but i think it does not have ir. they have the same nokia series 40 os.
3. And how is the irda option? it has ir and i think this also sports the fastest irda connection available.
4. How is the speed of the bluetooth? it also supports the latest bluetooth ver 2.
5. If I update firmware option, will it stop the so called restarting problem? according to some users here, restarting is history with version 6.01 (latest). i have no restart problem eversince v 5.01 but i have upgraded to v 5.5 and waiting for v 6.01 be available from nokia site.
wats the difference between 3110classic and 3110evolve.which is latest.and wich is better.am thinking to purchase tis mob.wat abt sound quality of tis mob.i mean while listening to music is it gud or not.
and is there any other mob in tis range...
Thats good.From where can I download the software version 6.01 for the 3110C?Can you let me knoq ASAP.Thanks.
Does this phone have modem option? Is it good as 6300? And how is the irda option? How is the speed of the bluetooth? If I update firmware option, will it stop the so called restarting problem?
Guys, i have just seen a full blue and a full pink version of this 3110c here in Ayala Center Cebu at Junrex Cellphones and Accesories and i have seen that it is "Made in Korea". No longer Made in China.