i bought this phone in oct 07 and till today it worked perfectly, not a single restart.5 months of joy.but now everything has changed dramatically. my phone restarts as if it was made for restarting. i donno where things have went wrong. i had a mp3 file which the phone refused to recognize as mp3 file. iremoved thta file still no respite tan i formatted my mmc still no respite then i even reinstalled my firmware v5.50 still same thing. can any of u ppl suggest me where things are going wrong. the fact that it was runing soo smooth for 5 months wt went wrong today.now i cant update my music library when i do that it restarts cant attain phone calls. after sometime i again formatted mmc n filled only 12 songs (50 mb) .there was atime when i used have my mem filled upto 486 mb. with only 12 songs its working fine plzz tell the causes for this n precautions which i need to take.
this phone restarts like hell
whether nokia has any solution for this??
i see soo many ppl here r coming with ideas so that phone does not restarts
but the point is y shud we be restricted from using diff themes.Just bcoz nokia made a mistake, y shud we suffer?
To all of the other users of this 3110c that are experiencing the restart problem:
1. Avoid loading incompatible media files like WMV and AVI. It would result to a heavy restarting since the 3110c doesn't support the above media formats.
2. Avoid adding corrupted music files. It would result to severe restarting once you update the music library and the device would fail to startup because when a phone starts up, it would first read the files stored on the phone and memory card. And once the phone could detect incompatible and/or corrupted media or music files, it would fail to open and then switches itself off.
3. Make sure you have bought a quality(not damaged) micro sd card. And also, some memory cards need to be formatted first before they can be used but most are preformatted so better ask the attendant from where you bought your micro sd if it still requires formatting before they can be used or not.
4. Make sure you only apply themes that have the 128x160 resolution.
5. Make sure you store the images and the music files in separate folders.
6. Maintain at least 2 MB of the phone's internal memory.
Nothing to worry about viruses.. Hope this helps..
I'm yet to figure out how important does the Flash Lite 3.0 Developer is on the application/software engineers but just a little knowledge about flash lite 3.0 developer is, it allows mobile users to view the flash animations in a certain website like for example the flash video website YouTube.
@ Mr. Programmer:
The 3110c supports the following Java Technologies:
JSR 75 File Connection and PIM API
JSR 82 Bluetooth API
JSR 135 Mobile Media API
JSR 172 Web Services API
JSR 177 Security and Trust Services API
JSR 184 Mobile 3D Graphics API
JSR 185 JTWI
JSR 205 Wireless Messaging API
JSR 226 Scalable 2D Vector Graphics API
Thanks for responding rba!. It just struggles my curiousity. Can i ask another question? What are the JSR's supported by this 3110c because i have seen the Alcatel OT-C825 specifying its JSR-75 and JSR-135 support. Thanks.
to the person who posted as jluC
yes it is possible to customize the screen. turn off active display and go to settings - display. options are available there.
Guyz, I having restart problem as most of u guyz facing here. After many trial and errors, here are my current settings now. So far never restart problem.
1) Format your memory card using card reader
2) Restore factory setting
3) Format your memory card using phone
4) Convert your song into AAC format (My configuration currently is like this, you may try MP3)
5) Put all your songs file under ROOT DIRECTORY (for example E:\) without any folder. This means all your songs should be under memory card root directory. Games application photos can be placed under folder.
6) Make sure all your files name do not have any symbol. Number is fine.
6) Themes, ringtones, alarm tones which set should be in phone memory.
I have no restart problem in refreshing music library. In other words, I "failed" to trigger the restart problem.
Anyone who tried and success please left a message.
To Sonu. It depends on the country that you live in, but I know that it's about 140 Euro in Europe.
Guys why don't you answer people's questions! I needed to know if it's possible to put notes or customize the display on this phone like Blackberries or Windows mobile phones. "Please" someone advice, Thanks in advance.
when i had restarting probs i went to a nokia care center they said use this fone without memorycard for 1 month,wat rubbish,i bought this fone for listening music and if i have to use it like that then i have to switch to sony erricson fones
This phome is smart phone. It has the qualities of the higher phones with delicate keypad, have the ability to access the memory with the wide range from 512 to 1 G.B. it has a very good sound device, sceern, shortcut usings.
This is a beautiful phone from nokia with very attractive n peaceful keys,but 1 thing which really hurts and can not expected form the company like Nokia is the Re start problem,epecially when u have a memory card in ur fone,whenever it restarting i put the sd card out and then it works properly,,kindly what the solution for this problem.i suggest the new name for this fone it should be NOKIA 3110 RE-START CLASSIC insted of 3110 classic.
guys a restart problem?how bad is that?im worried now,is it a good buy?
is this fone is really that great?
because all of the people
says that this fone is very cheap
and a lot of features.
but when i saw the 3110c of my classmate..
the graphix of the fone is not that good..
but he tells that when u send pictures
to the other fone the quality of
the pictures is great.
so guys out their ..
will i buy this fone??
This is 1 phone that has all the positive points for this price range. It has more than what u can expect. Kudos!
@ Mr. Programmer:
Silly.. Expecting a Flash Lite 3.0 Developer Edition from the 3110c???.. Well, the answer is strongly "NO". Only the N95 8GB's latest firmware and the upcoming Symbian sets of Nokia like N78, N96 and 6220classic supports this technology.