I'm asking for the image resolution of N3230? I mean is it 640x480? or 320x240? Anyone of you knows the resolution? Please help..thanks.
Jimmy: Nope, you neednt have a problem in ur hp to upgrade ur phone. Just bring it to the nearest Nokia Care Store. Free if you have a valid warranty.
I have a comment to Louis. Must i have a wrong thing in my mobile to update this and how long take to update the phone?
Want your nokia 3230 play music with superb quality with ear-thumping bass?
1. Upgrade your 3230's firmware to V 4.0537.0ch
2. Go to http://dotsis.nokiagate.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9602 to download PowerMp3. It's a superb music app with built-in equalizer.
3. Fill yr phone with ur tunes and rock and roll! The music quality is outstanding as compared to the phone's native Realplayer which aint dat good. Trust me, it works. Got doubts? Email me!!
I have also hacked my nokia headset (that came w the hp) and connected my own Apple iPod earphones in it(www.hackaday.com). Now i listen to my 3230 as if it's my iPod!!
the main problem in 3230 is da duration of infrared is very small..if i activate my infrared den it off after 10 seconds sum time i could'nt get any software can any one tell me da solution...
check out symbianx.com for symbian software.
Register and start download all the goodies there.
I think WinXP can detect bluetooth adapter and install generic driver for it. I didn't even bother to install the driver provided by the bluetooth manufacturer coz i find the WinXP generic driver is more stable.
the mono output feature is related to OS of the phone so it will be mono even if you listen through headset. It is recommended to have a firmware upgrade of your phone if you haven't. It will improve the sound quality.
Sales Package Contents In India
1. Nokia 3230 phone
2. Nokia Battery BL-5B, Li-Ion 760 mAh
3. Nokia Standard Charger ACP-7 (Nokia Travel Charger ACP-12 in selected countries)
4. Nokia Headset HDS-3
5. Nokia 32 MB Reduced-sized MultiMedia Card (RS-MMC)
6. User Guide
Recently, Nokia has announced to give FIFA 2005 on the included 32 MB RS-MMMC
Visit Nokia's website for your country to get the details of the sales package contents.
Thanks marky to share your experience with us.
1. Even after firmware upgrade, the sound output is MONO as it is hardcoded into the FIRMWARE.
2. Visit some sites which provide softwares and games for Symbian Devices. You will be amazed to see what degree of flexibility a symbian device provides and how much can be added to its functionality. Have a look on these sites:
and the saga continues...
2good a phone 2 b true.its nice n cheapn has almost all the features dat one needs.u can even install softwares in dis phone.2 me dis was a bargain @14500.so go get it
Thank you very much to those who are posting comments and updates here about the n3230. I've been using this phone for 10 months now.
At first I was really bothered by some "not so good" features of this phone like beeping before the ringtone,slow operation, not vibrating when silent (yes, for old OS there has to be at least volume level 1 for it to activate vibrate). And lately I encountered a problem in sending text messages, as my messages always reflect "resend" and the text message will not be sent. Since the phone still has warranty, I brought it to Nokia service center and reset the system. After reading previous posts here I realized that the OS has been upgraded to v3.0537 which is far more efficient.
With the new OS I found out that the beep before the ringtones has been minimized (that you can barely hear it), the resolution also has improved, and using headset the sound quality was far better. By the way, with the new OS, is the sound already in stereo mode?
All the updates and information that I read in this site were really helpful as I had previous plans of swapping my phone to another unit (not anymore that it has shown significant improvement!)
For all those cellphone wizards out there (especially n3230 users), I hope to hear more updates that I can learn and information that I still don't know or aware of regarding the capabilities of this phone. And also can you guide me through all the Symbian OS capabilities and features so that I can maximize it, please.. Can you share some applications and helpful files that I can use? Can you send them to me through e-mail since I am from the Philippines? I'll really appreciate it. thank you very much!
Finally, all I can say is that this phone rocks! Just do the necessary upgrades and try to learn all its features and capabilities so that you can maximize them (just like what I wanted to do).
Due to the panik of soun i tatally dipress. Appling headphone the sound is also mono.
Actually the problem related to speaker os software
Please , please replay ....
to mall mall:
Actually I mean't "If you are TOO MUCH concerned about sound quality ....
Otherwise 3230's sound quality is Good but 6630 has comparitively better speaker.
to mall mall:
If you are too concerned about the sound quality, go for Nokia 6630, it has louder and clearer speaker and plays in stereo (only through headsets).
to Imran Sheikh:
1. Yes, It's Ir Port is capable to be used as Ir Remote.
2. The DUST collecting problem was in the newly launched 3230 models (about a year ago) and AFAIK now this problem has been resolved.
1. Yes you can transfer a 6 MB mp3 file. You have two options: if you want a phone to phone transfer, use MsvDrivE utility to set your Memory Card as default storage to store your incoming messages and files and transfer the file using bluetooth or IR. Secondly, if you have a PC and a memory card reader or USB data cable (DKU-2), you can directly copy the file to memory card using the memory card reader or with the help of data cable.
2. One MB = 1024 KB
Now, storage space required for 100 jpeg pictures depends upon many factors,
first: At what resolution, your camera is set? pictures taken at 640 X 480 (aka VGA) take almost half the space than pictures taken at 1280 X 960 (aka MegaPixel).
second: At what quality setting, your camera is set? there are 3 presets for quality: Basic, Normal and High. Memory space required by pictures is highest on 'High' preset and lowest on 'Basic' preset.
third: What degree of details the picture is having? e.g. When you take a picture of a blank white paper it will consume less space than a picture of a white paper with lots of text printed on it. This is a feature of jpeg format.
Typically, a picture of VGA resolution and 'Normal' preset quality takes about 30 KB while a MegaPixel picture of 'High' preset quality may consume about 250 KB or more.
So take some pictures at your preferred settings, read their file sizes by selecting 'Details' from the 'Options' and calculate their average size and multiply it by 100 to get your answer.
3. May be Yes only if you are listening through headsets and make no other use of the phone.
4. Yes definitely but Infrared is a very slow option when compared to Bluetooth.
5. NO (except for cases where some type of fault is present in memory card) but the operating speed of the phone will definitely reduce.
Read 'Full phone specifications' and the review to get more details. The internal memory of the phone is fixed (6 MB), you can't increase it but you can definitely purchase a high capacity memory card (256 MB recommended).
Every Bluetooth USB Dongle comes with its Driver CD. If you have purchased it, ask the dealer for the Driver CD. Optionally, you can search on the net if you know the Manufacturer's Name and exact Model No. of your Bluetooth USB Dongle.
Questions questions Questions
Lots of questions
IS anyone havin ANSWERS
Is anyone have driver bluetooth for PC...I have bluetooth USB, but dont have the driver...
Please answer my questions for this phone
1)Can it transfer a 6MB of MP3 file?
2)How many MB can store one hundred pictures?
3)Does it last for twelve hours of MP3 before battery goes flat?
4)Can it transfer things with infrared from other phone to my phone?
5)Does it hang when u insert a 512MB RS-MMC?
Although this phone has mono MP3 player and u can actually geti nterchangeable cover. I have a problem is that the memory will be better. Please tell me more details about this phone. I think the picture quality is not bad.
I am planning to buy dis phone and now i know that after FIRMWARE upgrade 3230 becomes VIRTUALLY PERFECT
1) Is IR-port capable for using as IR-remote?
2) Does the screen often collects DUST , if so "is it realy a big problem
PLEASE ANSWER SOON
I deside to purches n3230. But affraid of its sound quality. Please advice me this one good or shifted to other phone
One more thing,
No Company will ever release a mobile phone with all the great features combined into one model as it will decrease the sale of other models and will block the possiblity to frequently release new models with slight improvements in one or two features.
Some flaws are purposely introduced into every feature rich phone by the manufacturers to promote the sales of all the models within the category. Nokia 3230 is no exception (Mono sound output, no in-built settings to save messages to Memory Card etc.)
So, I say again, please don't panic.