Get PhotoRite SP v5.2.5 and CameraFX Pro v2.5. They are among the best camera programs which run in my 3230.
I wish to voice out that I have been using a 1Gb memory card for about 3 months now and I didn't find problem so far. Before this I used to have 512mb for about 8 months without problem too.
Nokia 3230 is one of the best phones avilable. Fisrtly its NOKIA and it's very easy to use and processing is also smooth. So people go for NOKIA 3230 instead of any other phone even 7710
Thats it. im getting this one.. the review i found in this page is quite impressive there is no doubt left about this mobile.. im going to get it. I was thinkin bout RS MMC i hope i can use it normally with a 2gb one, w/e thanx 4 the review and opinions 2.. See yaa! Rgrds from Peru
first off all i have to say to use 512mb mmc or higher is not a problem for 3230. i still use 512mb.
i agree all off your oppinion you say about 3230. but i have some questions
1) i installed viking mp3 player 3.50 (wich you recommend me) but it makes some problems when it plays 3 or more mp3
2) camera utility softwares (such as flexycam, albiocam, lenses, photografer etc.) cant work in my phone. they installed but not works.
please say me some advises. can you use this programs or like this
its very beatiful mobile but i want know if ican record songs from fm radio
hi every body.
this is my first blog on this page ,though i am following every single e comments posted here by all 3230 users accross the globe for the last couple of months. then even reading all those comments posted by numerous users, i thought of trying my luck and decided to bring this phone for myself . well, i thing my gamble paid off very successfully as i got a wonderful phone.
this phone is truely amazing.ever since i bought it about three months back , it never got hanged for a single moment. i have inserted a 1 GB card off late which is occupied with 937MB space with 134 mp3 songs, 56 music videoes ,20 games (beside the phone memory ones). 85 themes ,40 sound files . more than 200 high resolution pics and STILL IT ROCKS!!! it never get slow down , can play 8 softwire systems simulteniously with ease.
camera is awesome ,video is not bad . mp3 sound good, fm radio once again crystal clear.
have a low ringing tone volume though . its ok with me since i dont expect everyone around me to dance around with the ringtone of my phone .it vibrates even in silent mode properly.
all features are up to date. you can download lot of softwires like
i have installed softwires like KEYLOCKER( which ended my worries of how to avail one touch key lock system in my phone)
beside this i hv installed FSCALLER,ANTI VIRUS,SMART MOVIES, WOWSCREEN,CAMPRO,FEXPLORER(you can delete any installed unwanted softwire from here . have support files of each system , same as a computer),IMAGEPLUS,SMSLOVE,SPYCALL,ULTRA MP3, CAMERAM,SNAPSHOTS,ANOTHER STEREO MP3 PLAYER WITH GRAPHIC EQUALISERS. in games i have VOLLEYBALL, TRIZ,S-TRIS,SNAKE,SKYFORCE,TENNIS,SKYFORCE,MICROPOOL, POWERBALL,RISING,PLANET ZERO,LOCK AND LOAD,MB2,FIRE STORM,FIREBALL,BOUNCE,ANGELFISH,MAGIC BROWSER, HUNTER,PRINCE-SOT beside them i have three games which comes with the phone itself . they are AGENT-V .RALLY PRO,WARRIOR.all softwires work properly . my phone memory has more than 300 phone nos saved. this is really a cool smart symbian phone which absolutely has no hang ups which does not creat a large hole in your pocket while bying it but provides you with so many stand out features within this price limit. i think its absolutely non comparisible with any of the phones of the same fraternity. thats precisely my consent. on the other hand with its thin body and sleek looks it is quite adorable and best in transit.
the tones are low but loud enough to get noticed of, inside a crowded train . maybe not as loud as 6270. its no doubt a good buy in all sence if you are looking for a smart phone with lots of feature in a limited price range.
the softwire of my phone is V 4.0526.2.I didnt upgraded it yet.didsnt felt of doing it either.
lastly i would like to add that with so much things included still in my phone memory card 42 MB SPACE IS FREE!!!!
i have a gprs connection which enables me to browse advanced gprs system without softwire upgradation at all.
i am quite obsessed with my 3230 which i think is allready understood by the reader while reading this review.
i cant blame it on myself for this.,anybody at my place having such an entertaining phone would have done same i believe........
Hi All Tech here once again.
There are 8 more reasons why Nokia 3230 reboots. It's a mishandling and usage problem on your end. You need to learn how to use a tech device and a smartphone. If you still cannot then smart phones are not meant for you :)
1) Why the Nokia 3230 may reboot - It is a normal feature even in Windows 2000 / XP etc that when you close windows by power button without proper closing then upon reboot it scans the disk for errors and then goes inside windows. Scanning the disk for file and directory errors is a must for windows to perform.
Sometimes some applications (like my Nokia Web Gallery application) damage the phone directories or mem card directories when it browses the web and allows user to download applications. Sometimes it is not able to write the file directly to your phone and you may find the phone stops responding or if it cannot take it then it restarts abnormally. Abnormal restart means that phone file directory structure may have got damaged (just like windows pc is shut down by power button without windows shutdown feture). Windows PC scans the disk before restarting and corrects file and directory errors but there are not enough functions in the Nokia 3230. I have seen such directory errors when you browse the mem card on your laptop. Windows is also unable to scandisk the mem card and replace the errors. In such a case, I have a complete backup of the phone memory and mem card on my laptop which i rewrite on the 3230's mem card using windows Explorer and my proper running backup on laptop for the Nokia 3230.
This is essential because whenever you try to run an application which references the damaged file structure on the phone memory and mem card, then it cannot read the bad file structure, so it reboots.
2) Nokia 3230 has a processor speed of only 133 Mhz, approximate. Which is sufficient for normal applications. However if you install applications and games which are 3D or need memory / processor extensive usage then if the Nokia 3230 finds it beyond the capacity of the processor then it will reboot to protect the phone's processor from heating up to such an extent that it gets burned up. So your Nokia 3230 is just trying to protect its processor ir it prevents wrong access to files which are referencing a damaged file structure (which can overwrite files elsewhere and overwrite something else's data).
3) The Nokia 3230 has 1403 KB of free space in its RAM - Random Access Memory. If applications use up all of this memory space and if any other application tries to demand more memory then the 3230 refuses and it reboots.
4) Your phone's RAM may be damaged. In such a case also phone may reboot
5) Hardware defect cannot be ruled out which may extend to phone processor, memory and basic chip etc etc.
6) Your battery just ran out. And the running application needs battery when there is none. So it will restart.
7) You may have used up all phone memory by clicking your camera non stop and shooting video when all of that gets stored on the phone memory. Copy all pics / videos to your PC / Laptop and free up space in phone memory / mem card
8) Store all SMS / contacts / Software installations on the mem card and not on the phone memory. It will clear memory used and free space for other applications.
9) Buggy software can prevent restarting for ever !!! Remember. There are some voice recognition softwares with such problems. Never install such high level softwares.
The Nokia 3230 just has MP3 mono 64 kbps sound generation capability problem which Nokia has done it purposefully because this phone uses Symbian OS version 7. Symbian OS version 8 and higher allow stereo sound. It's a OS limitation in its definitions of what Sybmian OS 7 can and cannot do and its not a Nokia 3230's defect. Inspite of it it can play good and clear sound. Just connect it to a music system, you can find some songs good enough with clear bass and sufficient clarity / treble. Remember 3230 is just a phone. It's not a music system. Your iPod and creative mp3 players have much better features because they focus on MP3 playing only. 3230 has a small speaker which plays decent sound in mono which is soft on the ears when controlled by proper equalizer softwares and through newer applications which have more better volume control features. Handsfree sound is pretty clear. Just call people / receive calls through the handset and see the amazing sound quality. It's crystal clear voice. Even some songs have good bass and trebel sound. It depends on the kind of recording done. Proper sound is best found on latest digital songs and videos. You can buy a handset ear phones from a local guy for cheap price, then cut the headphones and attach the wire to your music system by soldering the wires to proper plugs which your music system uses. Now listen songs on your music system at a much better sound quality. Ain't that smart? The new Nokia's have a normal 3.5 mm connector capability to connect the Nokia directly to the music system The Nokia 3250 has that feature also. Also SE W800 i also has that. You buy a phone for the purpose you want it for and then stop complaining for things which it cannot do. I can write 100's of things which the SE W800i cannot do. You will never buy that phone ever then. But it's not my intention. It's a cute phone also with limited functionality.
Dropping the phone is not recommended. It's not a work - horse. Keep proper care. You spent money on it now take good care. Or if you just a little careless then its time to change yourself a bit.
Casing material is just average. You can however buy a phone cover for it or Nokia's body for a brand looking phone.
The beep before calls is to alert you about a phone call so that you can keep a thumb on its speaker especially during corporate meetings / teleconferences / meetings with your seniors. It's rude to let the phone go BEEPS in front of the management. You can immediately put it to silence mode by the right selection key. It's a sensible fearure according to me especially when I forget to put it to meeting mode before meetings.
If your phone cannot play midi files, then load the midi files through the nokia music software which comes with Nokia connectivity suite. Create a new midi file specially made for 3230, then upload it. It will play !
The SE W800i is not a symbian OS. Remember it does not have an operating system which allows the use to control application installation and ask the phone to do things which it was never programmed to so. The Nokia 3230 can do 1,000,000,000 things which the SE W800i etc and other phones from Samsung etc (Non Symbian) can never do because their default OS is over protective. Can you write a software for your SE W800i to disconnect a particular no whom you do not want to entertain and send it a SMS never to call you? Nokia 3230 can do if you know how to write the software. Besides Nokia 3230 and other Nokia's colors and menus are more natural than W800i's orange colored screen. After some time the Bright Orange will drive you nuts. Fortunately Nokia 3230 has themes support. You can install 100000s of themes for Spiderman / Kylie Minouge / Bradd Pitt / Angelina Jolie / Mercedes / Sports etc etc and each one more colorful than the other. It keeps you attracted to the Nokia 3230. It's a new phone each day. Some new themes allow 3D and moving GIFs as wallpapers like the snowfall, lighthouse shining, green meadows waving in air, waterfalls etc. They are too cool. Most Series 40 phones from Nokia and other panasonic , SE, Samsung can never do them. But 3230 and other smart phones can.
The Nokia 3250 is a music phone It has 1 GB of memory and can store songs in it. So the sound problem is taken care of in the Nokia 3250. Though it may not have some features which 3230 has.
I am able to use 1000MB of memory without any slowing down or rebooting. It has 4 full length movies of 2.5 hours each, 20 or so music videos, around 100 songs and loads of softwares. It's really great !
Here is some technical advice from me a software expert.
Nokia 3230 will restart when :
1) You install buggy software or spyware which does things which it is not not do.
2) Your phone may have caught a virus through bluetooth or while browsing the web sites from the phone.
3) The phone memory is completely full. Check the free mem space from Nokia3230->Menu->Tools->File mgr. Click options-> Memory Details. It will count the memory being used by the PHONE MEMORY. On my Nokia 3230 it has 4.5 MB free. It never reboots or just once in a while.
4) The phone has multi tasking feature. Which means that if you open contacts, it is kept open till you manually click Options->Exit. So each time you go to Inbox or open gallery or go to missed calls or send SMS, open camera, open radio etc, they are running in the background. You must close them to release the memory and clear the temporary files which they create in Phone Memory. Rebooting hence closes all applications and starts allocation of memory to applications freshly. I reboot twice a week. Even once a week is fine as long as you close opened menu items frequently. You can see open apps by keeping the menu button pressed for 3-4 seconds. Press the joystick up or down to highlight an opened application and press the C button to kill that application running in the background and using precious phone memory. You should have only the telephone task running at the background and at most 1-2 tasks, which is fine.
5) Upgrade the old firmware version from Nokia.
6) You can request Nokia to format the phone memory and install applications freshly.
7) If you still face issues with your Nokia 3230 hanging, then you may have been sold a buggy or a not thoughly checked phone by Nokia which Nokia should replace.
8) If still you face issues, then Nokia Smartphones are not for you. You should stick to older simple series 40 phones which are usually meant for calling / SMS / basic cameras etc. Nokia 6230i (a series 40 phone) is a very good phone with almost all features which Nokia 3230 has though its camera is somewhat not as good, but it has stereo MP3 player. These phones have default Nokia Operating system which does not allows the user to do things for which he has no knowledge. Latest series 40 phones have 1.3 to 2 megapixels cameras and are equally good but they do not have a Symbian OS which I am very fond of, which extends the functionality of my Nokia 3230 to extreme lengths. Its for technically expert people, though normal users can restrict usage to basic needs and it will function without any hassles.
hi this is pranit.i jst submitted my nokia 3230 in nokia care today FOR THE THIRD TIME.this ph is so sad man.it restarted the day i bought it.IT GAVE ME MANY SFW PROBLEMS.REBOOTS EVERY NOW AND THEN.finally it got repaired.got working for three months and again conked off on me.its bad man. m very disappointd with the phones software.CAN NOKIA HELP ME WITH THIS?its not worth the money they charge on this.at least ensure the new or the upgradedv version of this phone is in the market??????????????????
for me 3230 is a good fone...
it has a good camera and aside from that it can take video up to 1 hour!
for the people out there who says that it can only have a 125mb memory card,your absolutely wrong! coz im using a 256mb memory card!
what else,n3230 has a good design compared to the others...im sure that those who have big and small hands will love to hold it!
it also has radio..which is important for the music lovers like me!radio is also important for entertainment purposes!
the games on it are fun to play!
the speaker,i notice that many people gave bad comments about the speaker of the fone!
let me tell you this guys! why dont you play your mp3 on the stereo! so that you will be satisfied with its volume!remember that this is a fone not a stereo or a radio as well,,.!
if your not satisfied with the quality of the mp3,why dont you go for an i pod!?
the fone is very stylish! thats why it gets alot of attention when i go out!
hi, i've been using 3230 since last nov. It keeps hanging and one day it got dropped from me without my knowledge which is very less in distance. Now i cant switch on my ph and display is completely damaged. Nokia priority says IC is been out form ph's mother board and i just cant really understand wt hapnd to my mobile. I cant see my mobile dead wn am alive. not joking am serious. Am a mobile savvy pls help me out wt should i need to do to set up my ph in old condition. Do i replace motherboard?
I would rather buy a new mobile instead doin that buddy.
Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee plssssssss
what kind of phone is this? it keep hanging every now and then. Recently it developed a software problem( failure in the start up program).
Imagine the phone is just three months old!
hey guyz can you please help me with my prob.?my fone is 0nly new and
i accidentally dropped my n3230 for the frst tym.i just want to know what possible problems i will encounter with the fone..how about your suggestions?
please help bro and sis!
Hi!GUYS.I had my 3230 phone about 6 months ago. i have first 4 pages of comments from u users.i only find only one statment opposing about its qualty true ,that is about its sound.it has not much good 3d sound.this problem can be handled by using speakers or handsfree.all other problems hadarisen due to carelessness or rough use of it.It is best smartphone.
Please help... My phone indicates that a headset is conected even if it is not. Im hoping that this is just a software problem. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Any comment would be a lot of help too. Thanks in advance
i don't like it anymore!!! waaaaaaa... the joystick/scroll doesn't work now!! i've been using it for about 10 months only and it's already freaking hard to use just because of the joystick!!... i don't like nokia phones anymore because of my experience with 3230! I want SE now!! much better.... i want a K800 or a K790... wooooH!! GO SE!!! :D
i recently bought this phone but i have a problem it restarts itself pretty much and the phone is new i don't know what to do??? plz help me!!
I purchased a nokia 3320 a month ago. Its a nice mobile.
The only problem which at times i face is that it gets stuck some times.
the firmware version =4.0537.0
I dont know the current OS version installed on it.
Can someone help me?
A very good review I must admit. So you decided that 6630 is better. I stumbled upon the option of buying 6630 and I found it rather good when I held it and noticed its colors. It appeared to be a rich boy's toy at that time (more than months back).
6630 is the best and has the most powerful Nokia processor in its entire range. It has Symbian OS version 8 which is even higher than 3230's. Symbian OS creates an operating system for the phone to use its phone api and design softwares using C++ and Java to harness the operating system's and the phone api to create more softwares than are usually allowed by older default OS like Series 40 used in Nokias.
Moreover its cost was also same as 3230. However still I decided to go in for the 3230 because -
1) 6630's design does not look sleek and professional especially in corporate offices. It is quite bulky and oval shaped. 6600 is still widely used by business sophisticated professionals however nobody has 6630 in my business circle. Hence it would appear to be out of the way to hold out a rather strangely designed phone even if it was far better and faster. Nokia does these things purposefully. They do not want to give a perfect phone to keep sales of all products going. Each phone is designed for particular features. Phones have to be stylish also. And tell me who would not agree to it? Styling sells a lot. Look at the Moto RAZR. Even though it has not even 1/3rd of the functions which 3230 has still it sells so much. People have no idea about its functions. They just want it for Style. See how much a hit the Apple IPod is? Just because it's an Apple IPod and it looks cool. Style statement matters a lot. It reflects your personality also if you want to make a good impression. It's only human after all.
2) It does not have a FM radio. Radio gives you access to news and 100000's of songs 24 hours of the day and is much better than having songs stored in the memory card. It helps to feel connected to the world with so many FM stations. In many countries you have close to 40 FM channels with so much stereo music, shows, news. It's great !
3) 6630's battery does not even lasts a single day especially due to its 3G feature.
4) It did not have a joystick which is great fun to use when playing games etc. It is almost very easy to use especially if you work a lot with your PC and mouse.
5) It uses costlier Dual Voltage RS-MMC which was costlier 6-8 months ago. Now it is just slightly more costly hence it is better today but certainly not earlier when I bought 3230.
6) It has a stereo MP3 player which is its great plus point over the 3230. However I have 2 MP3 players - An IPod and another one smaller than a match box, so I do not mind if 3230 does not have a stereo MP3 player. At least it can play stereo Mp3 songs in mono and I can use playlists through softwares. That's more than enough for me. It's speaker is not a quality speaker however it is better than Nokia 6600. Plus it plays song in a tone softly - which is better than the shrill treble sounds of 6680 and 6681 N70s etc. Treble has to be reduced a lot to make it bearable.
7) 6630 did have issues with dropping off the network. And that's a big issue because basically you buy a phone to talk. What happens if you bought all the power and you cannot even make calls with it? 3G phones need to keep continuously searching for 3G networks. Is there a way to turn it off? Also does it have safety hazards when it tries to search for powerful 3G networks? What's the use when you cannot do that? Plus you need to recharge the 6630 every day. It has a poor battery. All the functionality goes kaboom when the phone's battery dies so fast.
8) Pricing. The 6630 came out with a steep price tag of 660 $ USD when it was launched. I still remember those Nokia ads mentioning 3G phones and power with CNN news readers in this phone's ads. Nokia created such a hype out of it. Now look at it today. It hardly costs 255 $. A drop of close to 1/3 rd. Still at this price it is a very good buy but certainly not when it was launched at such a steep price. For me getting value for money is higher than spending needlessly on features which I will never use. It's not that I cannot buy the costliest phones, I can buy the entire Nokia range, but getting value for money is what matters most.
9) 6630's music edition was not available at that time. It featured a 256 MB memory card with better speakers for stereo sound etc etc. A feature which I liked a lot but this edition of 6630 handset was not available then.
10) 6630's camera was just as good as 3230's. It's smooth 6x zoom was good however with a software it is possible to do a smooth zoom on 3230 also upto 8x and higher also.
This was why still 3230 was better.