i have recently buyed this phone & i found all the features in it. & in my opinion it is a geat phone to buy...
CAn you tell me, a good suitable (with equaliser) mp3 player software for 3230.
Please inform me.
Your remarks show that you do not understand technology to the extent what it can do.
Maybe you should pay Nokia 5 times for more expensive phones to correct your view point about the otherwise good 3230 and fall into Nokia's trap. Costlier phones are better no doubt and Nokias are best.
It is the way you look at things which creates impressions. Same thing creates different impressions. Same about your remarks. I am a software professional having excellent understanding about softwares and phones. Here is my perspective about your negative points (as per your viewpoint) mentioned -
Radio - is actually 128 kbps crystal clear MP3 quality Stereo
design - Looks good executive like for high profile business men / corporate men who don't wish to keep the costliest phones
camera - Is better than 6680 / 6681. Higher megapixels does not mean better quality. It only increases the resolution. Picture quality can be best only with digital cameras. Mobiles are only for casual photography
bluettoth - works very good for me. a 1 MB file is transferred in only 15 seconds. You need to learn how to use tech devices.
screen - is better than 6680 / 6681 / other higher end phones with better contrast / brightness ration for more truer colors. I have seen these high end phones. Thye have misaligned brightness levels making them more brighter. Color saturation is also quite poor. Maybe you can spend more to get less colors.
battery sound(no quality at alll - Battery will lasts only a few hours if you keep the display on at all times. 4 hours online for battery is good enough. Even a laptop has normally 4-5 hours backup.
to expensive - is not that expensive any more for this quality of a Sybian Operating system phone for which we can write our own software codes to make it do what we want it to do. Can you create a software to ask your phone to disconnect a particular number and send it an SMS never to call you?
error everytime - Your phone memory is fully used up. Cache memory is also used up. You need to reboot the phone. It's not a series 40 phone to run non stop. It has got its own operating system. Can you run your windows laptop non stop without rebooting? Nokia 3230 is also a mini-laptop in its full sense of the word.
eseally get infected with virus - Since it has an operating system to give it wider power to install applications, hence software can be created to misuse its operating system but only after your consent. Are you trying to say that you accept the virus and then you compain that the phone gets infected with a virus.
lausy 65k colour - 65K colors are visible more colors ful and brighter than 262K colors of Nokia normally. Even a 65K color 6600 is very very colourful. Check out a new handset at a dealer and see for yourself. Believe your eyes only.
only 128x208 pixel - Is more than enough. You can carry your laptop in your handbag every time you go out instead !
bad video - is decent enough because it allows to create small size videos. a 60 minute video with Nokia 3230 uses only 30 MB whereas a 60 minutes DVD video needs 2500 MBs. Do you want mobiles to create 2500 MB files? Do you have the time to store such huge file sizes?
maximum memory only 128MB - Maximum memory can be upto 4000 MB. Though it can slow down. I have used 1 GB or 1000 MBs without any slowing down. - 3230 will slow down only when your free space in phone memory is negligible. Store all on mem card.
bad system - a generic statement. 3230 has worked very nicely for me for the last 6 months.
software like to be erroor - Do not used buggy downloaded software. Normal usage never brings any problem.
EDGE doesnt work yhat good - This phone has faster download and slower upload. Usually we only download data. Nokia 3230's slowr upload speed helps to upload lesser data during the time we are online. Hence our GPRS bill is also less. Nokia 3230 is a better friend than faster EDGE you are seeking out (which can burn a hole in your pocket)
infrared no use - Infrared works best when face to face and when you do not try to transfer copy right material.
keypad is sio bad - This Nokia is not for SMS. The camera is at top so that shooting is easier. The large screen helps to see videos properly in a good hand held position without touching the camera.
Nopkia 3230 dont buy it
This phone has abad
battery sound(no quality at alll
eseally get infected with virus
lausy 65k colour
only 128x208 pixel
maximum memory only 128MB
software like to be erroor
EDGE doesnt work yhat good
infrared no use
keypad is sio bad
this phone is so good compare to my 6600..i think..coz it has 1.3 megapixel but i think nokia 6680/6681 is better..coz they've flash..that made the phone awesome..but i'm looking forward to buy this phonee
About midi and other formats that are not recognized.I dont know why,but my nokia 7610 had this problem too,maybe its older symbian problem. I found this solution: you have to just to fotmat your mmc card,not phone,just card. I done that,and everything become OK.
plaase can anyone tell me why my 3230 cant
play midi files?
Thanks a billion
Is there anyone to tell me how can i registr powermp3 for 3230. one version of software is registred but dont play normal, plays very slowly. but another version i cant registr. if anyone the way to solve this problem please help me.
tis phone i hate it.i merly drop the phone frm a table which is 80 cm long.the screen crack i was shock as i thought such a phone should not be so easily damaged as previously i was using 7610 n i dropped 4 a thousand time the screen was still fine.the 3230 i took it 4 repair when i took it back it was fine but the nxt dae the screen suddenly blackout the phone still can be use to call.i took it 4 repair again i thought tat it was the person did not repair the phone probaly,when i took it back the nxt few dae were fine n suddenly the same problem come i took it 4 repair again but tis time i waited 4 a 1 month b4 i took it back again but on the veri night the phone totally jam.i tried to wait 4 a while n suddenly it was ok but the problem come again in the nxt few mins.i waited 4 the phone to be ok again n i take tis chance to sell my phone n change 4 a 6630.luckily when the person check the phone it dosnt jam.At last,i want to tell everyone if anyone want to buy this phone,pls think twice!!
3230 is a smartphine with cheap price that nokia is offering
after about 3 months i used it
i realized that its has a lot of negative factor
1)It has a bad keypad that you likely will be hate it when sending sms
2) camera system likely to be error after u use more than 100 times
3)its sound is the bad among the bad
you can compare with other phone that it has the cheapest quality sound maybe this is to reduce the cost of makining nokia 3230
4)when i try to compare thw design with w800i it seem this phone has no eye cathing at all
5)althought it has a ridio but it cant work properly
6)its memory only can store up to 128MB
Eventhought it likely to be hag when you use it
7)If you is carefull just see the battery it has only power of 780mah and it is use for lower type of nokia phine its talktime 3hours with standby time 150hourscompare with w800i,w550i,k750i this 3 phone has 9 hours of talkttime and has 900hours of stanby
8)The price is to expensive for buying this phone which has 8 negative for me
My opinion is not to buy this phone you Still has a lot of brand to choose it ex Sony ericson,motorola,samsung,etc
I am thanks for you all tio read my message and you can let me know about this phone to my email adress email@example.com thanks alot
Just bough dis hp 4 my mom 2 days ago... am dissapointed dat d keypad is a lil resistent wen pressed and it always reboots after i transfer mp3 from d pc to it... d sound quality leaves much 2 b desired...
like d design (very executive lookin)... d color is very gd (compared to 6680, weird rite, 65k vs 262k)... would have prefered if it came wif stereo speakers (since 6630 which was launched b4 it has stereo)... i think d camera quality is much better den 6680 and 6630...
my only major prob wif it is dat d batt life is less den 24hr...
I am a techie person having excellent understanding of phones and softwares and I have used this phone for about 6 months and it is the best phone with MAXIMUM features in all Nokias for its right justifiable price. I wrote a 10 page review about 3310 which 1 did not upload. I can if somebody is interested. Nokia sells new phones for too high cost and then drops the prices to such an extent that the owner feels duped. I recognized this marketing tactic of Nokia and went in for this phone and foresaw that Nokia will not drop its prices to unimaginable levels which it hasn't. Since it is a symbian phone it provides maximum software capability. It offers
1. Voice calling (of course),
3. Intelligent SMS
5. Huge Contacts List and Contact Groups
6. WWW internet like on PC
7. MS Office Softwares(from web sites)
8. Full length Movies and Video(you can store 7 full length movies on 1 GB mem card)
9. Audio (around 64 kbps MP3 Mono quality - which is good enough (not bad))
10. Stereo FM Radio (128 kbps MP3 Sound Quality)
11. Very good Camera (1.3 mega pixels is more than enough for normal casual usage) Daylight photos are very very good
12. Video Ringtones
13 . Excellent graphics and colors
14. Very good colorful themes support from so many web sites on the internet
15. Millions of softwares from many web sites and yahoo groups
16. Good Camera softwares from web
17. Very good and colorful 3D Games from net (just like on PC)
18. Contact Management softwares from web
19. Video and Movie Editor.
20. All Language Dictionaries from web
21. MP3 Ringtones
22. Trendy and Sophisticated looking (looks good in office and not like a toy)
23. Beep feature before calls alerts me to put it in silent mode in office and helps me prevent embarrassment when people expect phones to be in silent modes in meetings and conferences (keeping a thumb on top speaker kills the tone sound immediately to a huge extent,
24. Joystick is a good idea and gives it a mouse and PC like operatibility.
25. It's 65K color screen is actually visibly more brighter than Nokia's 262K color screens in higher end Nokia for which they are charging unjustifiable amounts.
26. Fast Edge GPRS (Fast download, slow upload),
27. IR and Bluetooth are also there. It helps to connect to older phones and newer phones simultaneously (That's smart when new Nokia phone users seem handicapped), Push to talk
28. Infinite hours video recording through softwares
29. Infinite hours clear audio recording through softwares
31. Expandable hotswipe low cost RS-MMC memory cards supported upto 4 GB !!!
30. etc etc etc etc etc. What more do you want?
Nokia 3310 has its own defects though, inspite of which it is still a No. 1 choice.
1) Mono MP3 player. Though stereo is better still at least Nokia decided to build the MP3 engine inside 3310. Thanks Nokia ! Sound is decently good enough. It's not bad though. Sometimes stereo sound from 6681 and N70s seem quite shrill because its small speakers are able to play high tones quite clearly). It's better to hear a Nokia 6680/6681 or N70 ducked up below your pillows :) If you use good softwares, you can control the sound of Nokia 3310 by its equalizers. There are softwares to give 11 band equalizers which help to give your Nokia 3310 a very good sound. I have a portable I-pod so it does not make any impact. In fact its low quality MP3 player has a boon. By a software you can play .wma audio song files on this phone. It is possible to compress a 6 MB MP3 file to 1.1 MB in WMA format and hold you breath - Both formats sound similar when heard on this phone. So with a 1 GB memory card you can store around 950 Full length songs.
2) Plastics used are somewhat not that tough and resistant. You need to keep good care and handling has to be good else you might get marks on the phone. It does have replaceable covers though which is a very good idea. Thanks again Nokia.
3) Dust gets inside the screen. You need to keep it inside mobile covers.
4) Watching movies and playing games / surfing the WWW Internet drains the battery within 3-4 hours. You need to keep extra batteries or your charger with you.
5) Phone reboots only when you keep your phone memory fully used up. Phone needs to store temporary files just like windows PC. Reboot the phone once in every 2-3 days just like you reboot you PC when it hangs. Remember Symbian Phones are just like full fledged PCs. I have 4.5 MB free in phone memory and it never reboots. Only 1.5 MB used. All Camera, SMS contacts etc are stored on mem cards.
6) No more defects. Above defects can be lived with by proper care.
My Alternative to Nokia 3310 - Is Nokia N70. It has all features in 3310 but some features are missing (like Infrared and 65 K color screen (which is actually visibly more colorful than 262K color screen)). However it's price is still inflated. It will eventually sell at the price of 280 USD which is its actual price according to me. Then it would be an excellent buy also.
In all MAXIMUM value for your money with maximum functionality due to Symbian Operating System and millions of softwares available on net, at the right price who do not want to pay Nokia unjustifiable amounts.
guys i have already bought 3230. and for about 3 day my phones font changed and simbol of "enter" disappair. is anyone know to solve this problem. can this be from different themes.
I also searching freeware softwares for my phone. because there was be dotsis.com/vb for download, but recently this site is going to sold.
jef to connecting gprs problem must be from
1. you dont made tru settings
2. or your gprs operator cant support gprs
Then if you want to sent anythig to far friend please use sms or mms
first off all i think in 3230 you cant put gif to screensaver. For this you have to install special screensavers.
guys you can find some free aplications or software from www.mobango.com
I see there are much questions but this isn't the right place for them. Here you should post only your opinion. To know more about N3230 software, ringtones and more I suggest to visit a mobile community forum i.e.: www.zedge.net
I'm sure you will receive all your disirable information.
P.S. I put opera.wav (from Counter-Strike game) as a ringtone and it sounds just great.