how do i save my msgs?copy-paste?or shud i create a back up by selectin d option frm PC suite?i've stored all my smses on memory card.
your info on the white balance really calmed me! so ill just wait for 3.28...
about the music, im going now for a couple of days so ill try what u told me when i come back, for the meantime I used the worse-quality music manager for my conversion and it worked..
please tell me about the bass of the mp3s while playing by the earphones.i like heavy and smooth bass effect as it is in sonyericsson MegaBass function.
well viperkid, are u using 3.28?
Do they solve the white balance prob?
if u live here in the Philippines, V3.28 is already available, particularly at SM North EDSA cyberzone nokia care center
3.24? wow, my phone is still at 3.23..
Anyway, what are the updates of 3.24 over 3.23? I just downloaded 3.24 firmware from the net.. dont dare to flash my phone yet..
And viperkid, you mentioned 3.28? Is it gonna come out soon?
first of all 3250 supports m4a tags, coz all my m4a tracks hav song title, artist & album name, genre, year and stuff same with WMA.
1. latest i know is V3.28 (dat was last July here in the Philippines)
2. yup, i also hav dat sound (d stereo widening is being deactivated temporarily b4 d next track is played and activated again)
3. no, i don't see any red-tintish circle in d middle of d image. i think its a firmware issue. my firmware is V3.23
4. definitely! wen my firmware was 3.18 its working but wen i upgraded to 3.21 then 3.23 both latter firmwares does not hav d white balance effect workin...
5. again, firmware (note dat even we hav same firmwares, it also depends on wat country we're in or where ur unit was made in [e.g. made by nokia, finland, china..]). i don't have dat issue even my firmware was 3.18 and now 3.23 whether i put d +63 or not it identifies d person calling or texted.
please follow d steps i posted down here, im 100% sure dat if u do it as wat i said therein, u'll hav all ur m4a tags read by ur 3250. re white balance effect on camera, let's hope for firmware 3.28 to solve d problem
manually back up ur phone mem and microSD files using "data transfer" and drag n drop important data like images, videos and stuff to ur PC. also ur contacts, go to contacts > options > mark > mark all > select > options > copy > to memory card, when finished connect ur phone via USB cable and choose data transfer and go to microSD drive and go to folder "Other/Contacts" and copy all files therein to ur PC so u can restore it later after formatting ur microSD (if u hav all ur impt files/data on ur PC then proceed). after that, format ur microSD by goin to organiser > memory > options > format mem card, also format ur phone memory by typing *#7370# and press 12345 when asked wyl on standby screen. b reminded dat all ur data wil b erased!
1) white balance is a camera setting/effect to adjust proper skin tone. let's say ur takin a pic with an incandescent lighting, u can use white balance to somewhat make d ending pic to look like it was taken under white flourescent light makin it more natural looking instead of yellowish skin tone..
2) if u can find a third party system browser that can permanently delete files, tell me so i can giv u d steps in removing camera shutter sound
3) u can, but i don't recommend it, bcoz most of em r trials and has plenty of bugs!
4) try to uninstall and re-install it back or reformat ur phone mem and microSD first b4 installing it. juz remember to backup ur data.
The "white balance" are settings u can change during fotocam mode - it should reduce overlightening, correct if I`m mistaken!
About the sound when takeing a pic, do the following, place into a memory a sound that has a silence - doesnt have any sounds, and then apply it as a sound of cam! Simply!
1.wat is 'white balance'?
2.how can i switch off d sound wen d picture's been taken?d 'click' sound?it occurs in silent mode,even tho my 'warning tones' r off.
3.can i get a 3rd party mp3 player 4 dis fone? if yes,can u give me d link?
4.i'd installed d game 'punkwigs' in my cell.dnlded it frm nokia site.after selecting the band members,d game hangs!it doesn't go further.hav any of u tried it?did it work perfectly?
plz lemme kno.thanx.tc.
i'm feelin absolutely miserable.1st of all,my gallery STILL takes 5-12 secs to open.i followed d instructions,deleted all d folders n subfolders,still d problem persists.and 2ndly, in the 'tracks' section,wen i try 2 find tracks,it takes 2 much of time.suppose,i wan2 find 'mettalica',by d time i type mett,4 secs pass away.i mean,it takes approx.1-1.5 sec per alphabet!!!wat shud i do?help!
What firmware verion your cell has, I just got my and it has 03.24, and about the numbers, I guess it`s coz of firmware, coz a year ago here in Latvia we still used 7 symbol numbers, but during this year we are migrating to 8 symbol numbers, so, before all cell numbers we had to add a number 2, but today I got the phone and made a call without a country code and a leading 2, anyway on display was displayad the name of number owner, but in memory the number was saved with +371 2 xxx xxx x!
You seem to have the EXACT same problems with your 3250!
the 2 things that annoy me the most is the tag problem and the white balance not working whatsoever!
Maybe we can solve our problems together :)
shit,i'm feelin so miserable.my gallery's d slowest in d whole wide world!first of all,it takes 6-12 secs.to open.i DON'T hav any folders n subfolders in my digital sounds folder.secondly,if i want 2 find a specific track,if i key d search word, suppose,LED ZEPPELIN,if i type 'L', it takes 1.5 secs.to appear in d search box.its already 3-5 secs till i type 'LED'.wats wrong?plz help me.firmware 3.23.
Hey viperkid.. I've observed your many posts here and I'm glad to find such a 3250 enthusiast such as you! =)
First off, I have a few questions, which I dont seem to be able to get answers from the internet:
1. Wahts the latest firmware as of today?
2. When listening with earphones, and when I skip to next track, I get an annoying "pop" sound before the next song starts. Tell me, are you experiencing this? how are you living with this problem? Any ways to minimise this annoying sound?
3. The camera barrel effect - Try using your 3250 camera and shoot an image of a completely White background, eg A4 paper. You will notice there is a red-tintish circle in the middle of the image. Is this a firmware problem?
4. White balance not working. Is this firmware problem?
5. Worst problem of all. My phone cant read contact's names. When i save my contacts WITH the country code, eg: +60x......., I get to see their names during SMS BUT NOT during calls. Likewise, when i save them WITHOUT coutnry code, eg: x......., I get to see their names during CALLS BUT NOT SMS! This is a big problem which i think should be solved because it is so basic that even the cheapest of phone should have no problems with! Any solutions?
Your attention is kindly appreciated :)
I read somewhere in mysymbian forums that 3250 does not support m4a tags.. only mp3 tags, thus explaining the unknown artist in the song titles.. anyways, i learn to live with it.. I use an mp3 renamer and rename al the m4a files into this order:
Artist - Song Title.
so that i can still tell the artist without the tags..
1. What is the latest firmware for the asia pacific 3250 which supports chinese language as of now, 6th October 2006? I live in Malaysia and I bought my 3250 around late August.. my firmware is v3.23. I searched around on i-phone and found v3.24, is this a true Firmware from nokia?
this is good phone but if you compared this phone with w810i then there is something difference. 3250 is louder then w810i but w810i is much clear than 3250 and it is superb in head phone . camera is also quite good than 3250 but overall 3250 is better than w810i if you alson need some softwares and agood looking screen . do not confuse . like me , my tution teachear also confused me
I just donno how much costs an older version!
1)with SMS all is fine
2).m4a sound is worth than usual .mp3, and as I have a 1GB of memory and I dont want to keep all my music collection on my phone, I better prefer an .mp3!
3)a lil problem I experienced, I took a lil film with cam, the in a moment opened a RwalPlayer and started the movie and I got a message that memory is low and I should turn off other softs running, but only running soft was RelPlayer + I checked how much empt space is on phone, and there was ~3,5mb instead of 10, wtf?
does the new 3250 xpress-music costs much more than the old one???