1) yes it can play videos in full screen landscape (almost full screen, bcoz u can see small bars on top and bottom approx 4 millimetres each, that is true on playing 176x144 videos)
2) yes, 3250 does not support old apps created for older symbian phones.
3) video recording is quite prompt.
no u can't turn off d shutter sound.
1. yes its lower in cases of poor lighting and close up shots but wen used outdoor u will hardly see d difference
2. quality is somewhat d same via inbox earphones (as long as u know how to properly set each band of d equalizer, etc.). yes it supports more music formats like WMA, eAAC+, real audio, etc. for me WMA has d same quality but a bit smaller in size compared to MP3, on d other hand eAAC+ has almost d same quality as MP3 (from original 96%) wyl eAAC+ has around (from original 92%) u will hardly notice any difference but d most important fact about eAAC+ is d file size bcoz 1 full track is approx 1.5 to 1.8 mb in size only! a 512mb card will enable u to save around 300 songs contrary to players dat supports only mp3/aac dat wl give u only about 120-150 tracks in a 512mb card/stick, WMA is not so widely used so as eAAC+ d purpose of this is to save precious SPACE!
3. 3250 has a better battery life (a little only)
1 hour is d limit; yes video quality is acceptable better than 6630's.; yes its more colorful and brighter than 6680; its not laggy, this is one of d fastest S60 phone of Nokia to date.
stereo widening is a method for giving a listener an impression that a stereo audio signal having left and right channels is emanating from a virtual source spaced away from left and right stereo loudspeakers. This algorithm, which works particularly well when the loudspeakers are spaced apart by a distance that is less than optimal, introduces and filters cross-talk from the left channel to the right loudspeaker and cross-talk from the right channel to the left loudspeaker to only introduce cross-talk at frequencies below approximately 2kHz, and primarily between 500 Hz to 1.5kHz. The desired stereo widening is thereby achieved without noticeably affecting the sound quality of the stereo audio signal when played on the loudspeakers.
yes stereo widening is very useful in 3250 coz it makes d sound quality better and cleaner!
may i know wer did u buy, from ur network or from a nokia store directly? please provide me with ur firmware version juz press *#0000# on an idle screen, so i'll know if i can help u..
my nokia 3250 is rather new ... just around 2 weeks old... but recently it has becoming unbearably laggy... esp after sending a message frm which it takes around 20 to 30secs to return to the standby page... i haven uploaded anything into the phone cept for a few mp3s and the message box and stuff are all empty, but the lag continues... i din download or accept any programs into the phone either... nid help solving the lag !!!
another con of the phone is, no countdown timer... anyone knows where i can get a countdown timer application free?
lastly, a major disadvantage is the lack of a flash option... other than all these, it's quite a decent phone... =/
hey viperkid what does stereo widening mean and what does that have in common with SRSWOW?
and also do you find that feature useful in the nokia 3250?
is there a limit to video length?
is the video quality acceptable?
is the screen color good?
is it laggy?
In India N91 Price is Rs. 28,522/- If U want to Buy N91 think about Nokia 3250 coz 3250 have internal speaker is sound very good and N91 Inbuilt Speaker very poor. So when ru with ur friends 3250. N3250 Have poor Hadset HS-20 But N91 Have Good Headset HS-28. Buy A Nokia 3250 With N91 Headset HS-28 that will Good 4 u. Nokia 3250 Price is Rs. 16794/-. If U Want to buy a symbian Phone My Choice is Nokia 6681 (Rs. 13,400).
Harris & Kuk: You cant find applications for this phone yet because this uses symbian v.9 w/c is not compatible with previous models. Also, this version has a special feature w/c does not permit non-licensed software, unlike in previous versions. In other words, useful third party sw like emulators, etc cannot be used here. Symbian may be user friendly before but this new version sucks.
hi, a few queries regd 3250 vs w800i
1. is the quality of the photographs perceptibly lower - i mean, is the difference apparent on a computer screen?
2. Is the quality of music (via earphones) better/same/inferior? Also, does the 3250 support more music formats; if so, are these formats superior/ widely used?
3. which phone has a better battery life?
I just bought 3250Pink, the sound quality is good. Its extremely user friendly. Its fun to twist the phone to get music or to take pics. Worth buying. I am a lady but i do not find it bulky.
Hi, quick question...can u turn off the shutter sound while taking pics? thx
This is to all in general and Viperkid in particular. I am planning to acquire this phone within days now and would like yo know these aspects:
1. Does this phone play the videos loaded into it from PC, FULLSCREEN on not? If not, is there any application available free on the net anywhere? If yes please send me the link.
2. I have heard 3250 does not support the applications developed for earlier symbian versions. Earlier phones did not play videos fullscreen as default. You had to load applications to play videos fullscreen, but the applications for early symbian phones were available.
2. How is the quality of the videos captured on this phone? Is it slow or prompt? Please let me know ASAP, this will enable me to buy it early.
can someone please tell me if there is a video recording program that records in mp4 format or cif format instead of the .3gp format for the n3250?thanks viperboy for answering my first question, and tell me weather to buy the n70 or the n3250 or the se 7800?
n91 has the same screen res as the n3250 so the only difference is the 4 giga space so why should i bother paying $950 for n91 where i can pay $390 for n3250 and it looks mor stylish than the n91, am i right? the wifi isnt thaT IMPORTANT.
I read almost all of ur opinions and despite all that reviews and personal ops I am going to get this phone since this is a symbian phone any thing can happen in near future.
First I tought about SE K750 but I findout after a while it would become pretty boring with non symbian phones.
and about the SE Walkmans the I had w550 and that totally socks. I would rate not only Nokia first but all symbian phones and probebly after that MOTOROLA.
after all i read i got these:
1.The Camera sucks.
2.The MicroSD card r such a big prob(price and 1gb capacity)
3.No Flash(what a shame)
but I also got these:
1.The speakers ROCKs
2.Symbian v9.0(what could be better)
3.Lovely and ExtraOrdinary disigne.
4.64Channels vs 40(poor se)+(it has to do somthing with sound ;) ).
5.I can keep it for years and it still would have software update becous of Nokia's N series favor.
6.This is a Nokia so I wouldn't have any problem around selling and upgrading this.
Hi 2 all! i'm very interested in finding applications & games for my nokia 3250 phone!
If U have some links that could help me please post them here ! thanks !
hey guys,yes this phone rocks but there is only one draw back,that the camera is not that awesome that the sonyericson haves,but in other ways its mp3 n the softwar is awesome
hello all i am excited about my phone is really good and loud i have one problem and i don't know where i can get office programs like word office excel pls help me if someone knows pls give me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
hey guyz i posted a few qs some days back and i got answer of few by reading other ppls opinions. i asked how to convert mp3 to acc files. well somebody told me to use nokia pc suit but the downside was u have to choose one file at a time. now for information, ITUNES can be used to convert mp3 to acc files, it also has option of selecting the recording rate which is a great option and u can select all the songs u want to convert and just press convert to acc.