AnonD-275298, 22 Nov 2017Thank you.Oh yeah. And I missed 4th question. Bootloader is locked on this phone. Juho Sarvikas (CEO or whatever of HMD Mobile) on twitter mentioned that it's going to be unlocked at some point. It's unknown when. Although guys on xda developers found out how to install custom recovery that allows flashing stuff and rooting.
And changing PPI - I cannot find it anywhere on my Nokia 5. Interesting. I thought that's an option for all the android phones.
Overall.. Before this phone I had custom ROM customized to the every single pixel and this phone was a bit of a let-down when I saw the lack of customization options. It feels limited even for android devices. It's not as bad as Apple products, where you can change literally nothing. Well.. there's only one option left: waiting for custom ROM for this phone.
nokia 5 user.ph, 20 Nov 2017Hey guys. Is the latest security update for the Nokia 5 for November is already available here... moreHere is a list of security updates for the Nokia phones:
AnonD-717164, 20 Nov 2017Can someone explain me, is it 3GB or 2GB ram ? I don't get it, i bought just now new nokia 5 f... moreThe 3GB RAM version of the Nokia 5 was launched in India and is, as far as I know, only available in India. The global version has 2GB of RAM.
AnonD-275298, 19 Nov 2017Hello. I am reading negative comments of Nokia 5 everywhere on the internet and this logic doe... more1. Performance's good. Well.. For me at least. It varies from person to person. On Antutu it (2GB version) scored over 45.000. That's about Samsung Galaxy S5 (Galaxy S series is the best reference point, because it shows how phones evolved).
2. No clue what's that. Maybe someone else will answer.
3. Multitasking if quite phenomenal for 2GB. I think I managed to hold all the pre-installed apps (well.. maybe only system apps) on it. That's like what.. 10 apps? As far as system apps go, it's ridiculously good. With 3rd party apps, not THAT good, but still couldn't imagine being better for 2GB. I think they got it maxed out on RAM management. On the other hand, 7.1.2 update completely ruined it, as you can see the comments. Not a single app is being held on RAM. So if you're considering buying this phone - do not update past September patch. That's where I am at.
5. I believe that's an option for every android, isn't it? Never looked for it. Will update on that later (phone is like 10 meters away from me, too lazy to pick it up :D).
6. Screen on time is not ridiculously good. It's well above average though. At least. Do not have exact numbers right now. I watched like 3 hour movie on full brightness. It still had like 50% left. Plus there was a lot of usage of new Skype app that just eats battery.
The touch responsibility is not good. It needs sometimes more taps to work. While scrolling up and down of a page, it can be noticed that it has irresponsible buggy touch
Can someone explain me, is it 3GB or 2GB ram ? I don't get it, i bought just now new nokia 5 from V I P communications , if u know that operator, on their site, it is still 2GB, or this 3GB ram is only in India (i was just reading something about indian nokia 5? ) ?
Hey guys. Is the latest security update for the Nokia 5 for November is already available here in the Philippines?
I'm using nokia 5 for past three months....I didn't find any problems in my day to day usage...
A clean and fluid stock android experience and i got perfect performance.A good battery life which was lasting upto one day of my mixed high usage......but it ISN'T APPLICABLE for gamers....this phone survived very easily when playin games above 300 mb... when it goes about 950 mb i feel some hanging problems....I think that snapdragon 430 chipset is not fully optimised tor full performance.But I got android update of 7.1.2 last week and phone runs smoothly now.but this phone has good value for money when it was bought by moderate users like me,but its not a perfect choice for heavy gamers.....camera quality is decent at back 13 mp shooter but a perfect 8 mp sensor for selfie was given and I liked that so much.IF you want to buy nokia 5... definitely you buy it.IT HAS BEST PERFORMANCE FOR MODERATE TO HEAVY USERS.BUT if u need a very high performance oriented phone for gaming,nokia 6 will be opt for you with fully optimised snapdragon 430 chipset and adreno 505 for graphics..
Avoid last update to 7.1.2 it makes multitasking is useless. Same problem as a lot of users below. Problem is support for Nokia is useless and they even don't know problem properly. After few chat's with them different solutions nothing has been fixed. Support is hoping to resolve problem in a future and they are saying it is a feature not a big! Thankfully I can still return my phone so will do that and avoid Nokia in a future. Shame on you.
Also don't trust it is a clean Android as clean version in 7.1.2 doesn't have any problems like that. Seems like some Nokia feature destroyed not bad phone
Hello. I am reading negative comments of Nokia 5 everywhere on the internet and this logic does not make me satisfy that how could Nokia ever launched a device with so many drawbacks already? I think many people are against Nokia reviving once again in mobile markets. I have many times considered to buy it and check it for a couple of weeks; but i was always reluctant in purchasing it. But before i finally go for a purchase, i need your honest and logical opinions (please only answer precise and logic replies):
1. How's the performance of 2GB and 3 GB RAM variants blended with snapdragon 430 chipset?
2. Does it support OPEN GLI 3?
3. How's the multitasking managements on either variants? My multitasking never exceeds three apps at a time.
4. Is it possible to unlock it's boot loader easily, install a custom kernel and enable fast charging?
5. Can i decrease it's ppi density (after rooting it) to enhance extra gaming performance? (just for experimental purposes).
6. How's the screen on time of this device if used extra heavily (i play hours of full flight simulators and record the gameplay to upload at my youtube channel)?
Please answer me if you know best that you can answer because many people comment even if they do not know what was the answer. Thank you.
Nokia 5 user.ph, 17 Nov 2017when did you notice the update?3 days ago, it was 15 november when I got the update. And I'm from Finland. Maybe you need to wait little longer for other countrys.
How much free storage (gb) we get from brand new 16gb of nokia 5...(i bought huawei p8 lite 2017 which had only 7.8 something of free space which is not good😭😭)
AnonD-715700, 14 Nov 2017Hey guys, pls tell me which one is better j7 prime(16gb) or nokia 5.J7 prime is better
I just updated my Nokia 5 to November security patch. The patch is 6.November, that's all I have noticed.