akshay, 28 Feb 2011can we run internet in nokia5030 by connecting to computer with the help of nokia pc suite?No. Did you even read the specifications before asking such a question?
can we run internet in nokia5030 by connecting to computer with the help of nokia pc suite?
I bought this phone a week back for Rs 1650 in Pune. Having used both Nokia and non-Nokia basic handsets before, my thoughts:
1. Screen is larger (1.8in) compared to the 1.5-1.6in screens of its competitors in this category. It also has a few extra pixels (128x160 opposed to the typical 128x128 screens)
2. TFT screen (as opposed to CSTN present in the LGs and Samsungs). This makes it more colorful and gives it (I presume) a wider viewing angle, though the CSTNs usually have a longer battery life.
3. Reliable Nokia software. I've used non-Nokia phones where a software update was usually required to solve bugs/crashes/restarts/etc.
4. Support for receiving and sending concatenated SMSes upto 6 smse long (918 characters)
5. Region specific - a hindi and marathi dictionary in addition to T9.
6. Auto-update of time (network dependent)
7. Good sound quality for calls and speaker. I haven't experienced "sound leakage" (ie bystanders being able to hear what my caller is saying) yet.
8. SMSes are sent in background.
9. Phone can be placed on its side, making it a handy alarm clock :)
Disadvantages / feature wishlist:
1. All the 29 default wallpapers look alike. This is a waste of the TFT screen, Nokia should have put some variety in their wallpapers. Also, the wallpapers make text difficult to read in sunlight - I solved this by editing a profile and removing the wallpaper. I use this profile when I'm outdoors.
2. No numeric menu shortcuts - I had grown used to just keying a few numbers to get to the menu item of my choice. Now I have to press the direction keys multiple times and press the select key to get to where I want to go.
3. While reading an SMS, there is no shortcut for "previous" and "next" message. One has to go back to the message index and press up/down then select, thus using three keypresses where one would have sufficed.
4. As many people on this forum have mentioned, the keys are very hard and not meant for a frequent texter. However, I am slowly getting used to this.
5. While typing an sms, keeping "Clear" pressed doesn't delete characters faster but deletes the entire message. This is annoying for someone used to S40 based interface.
6. Of the 24 ringtones, 10 are bollywood tunes and 6 are message tones, leaving only 8 boring ringtones to choose from.
7. Each of the 500 contacts can store only 3 numbers.
8. The Calendar can't store recurring entries such as birthdays and anniversaries. Only one-time reminders are supported.
9. No distinct icon in Sent SMS folder for messages that have been delivered.
Ignore the trolls on this board that scream "No internet, no wi-fi, no camera". This phone does not advertise any of those. Also I don't consider the back cover as a disadvantage, as I'm the sort of person who doesn't need to remove it frequently. Overall a good value for money phone, comparable to the low-end LGs and Samsungs but with Nokia reliability.
FOROMO, 22 Feb 2011WHat does it mean built -in antenae :dont you need headphonses to connect to radio ? Headphones are included in the box but you don't need to plug them in to listen to the radio. You can listen to the radio with headphones if you so wish.
WHat does it mean built -in antenae :dont you need headphonses to connect to radio ?
this phone is quite good bt it damn irritating while messaging..!!
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2010can we install a browser to this phone since it has a 8 mb memory?Yes u can install browser and browse at 3G speeds!
Yeah! This is a good choice phone for the ones who want a simple phone.
I've enjoyed using it.
Surely GO FOR IT!!!
This phone's display is mounted with circuit board. Once if the display broken then throw it to bin. Nothing can be replaced or fixed. Very Bad, I lost my money.
pnh is fabulus u can buy it it rocks i m using it its sms key pad is good but its not fr delicate use its fr rough use daily life fr msgs if u typed about msg a its keypad gets soften & easy in use while i hv some batry problem so i m going to swaap my phone from nokia as it is a manufacturing defect of this piece so they will give me a new one but this phn is overaall value fr money want 2 buy go & buy u wl enjoy it looks are also cool