the phone is good.... not so great.. sure the music is good but camera sucks :P ... it gets hanged almost everday... i gotta get a new phone
Hao, 02 Nov 2010Nokia 5130 XpressMusic is a great phone.
I had a friend who bought it last March this year.... morecan i go wit micromax x600 or x550....
are they upto mark...????
1 for rough using?
2 long lasting ?
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2010max 1.5 day under normal use with firmware 7.97 and all other disabled pls let me know how to check original battery in 5130
This is best phone but it not support 16gb card, then how it support 32gb..?
Very good mobile to use it on all kinds of people.Great to use it.
The browser has not been functioning for the last 3-4 days - any means to rectify the same?? It happened once before as well - 2 months back and then i went to nokia care and they reloaded the software = now this has cropped up again. can someone help
It's a cool phone. But what I hate is that it stucks alot when i downloaded few videos which were compatible. I reduced their sizes and their framerates. Yet my cellphone plays it with reluctance. it stucks alot. Further more, I have bought it about 2 weeks ago. And I wasn't expecting such from this phone.
saqlainhaider, 01 Nov 2010hi, please help me in choosing between Nokia 2700 and Nokia 5130 Xpess Music?5130xpress music
I like this phone very much , and this is a wonderfull phone among all the phones i used and seen . All the functions are working exellent. And i dont get any problem . I am using this mobile since 8 moths . The sound is good qualified , and it has the internet option also . O.k. I am going to buy another nokia 5130 express music mobile in some days o.k. Good by
saqlainhaider, 01 Nov 2010hi, please help me in choosing between Nokia 2700 and Nokia 5130 Xpess Music?nokia 5130 nice cell
its a total wastage... i have this ph 4m around 1 yr.. and now from last two months its having display problems... i've got it repaired 8 times in last two months n still m facing the same problem.... it wud b better to go without a ph than buying this crap....
Nokia 5130 XpressMusic is a great phone.
I had a friend who bought it last March this year. I find it a nice inexpensive phone. Everytime we meet in our class, I borrowed his phone and tried it and this is what I experienced:
1. It has a very nice physique.
2. It's loudspeakers are really loud.
3. Sound quality is undeniably great.
4. The Camera takes a while to save photos but is clear enough for a mobile phone. Sunsets and clouds are very detailed but not recommended on dark places.
5. The mobile phone easily detects the inserted memory card.
6. Card slot is found outside. No need to open the unit.
7. The position of the ports are good.
8. Graphics is good.
9. Great on games and JAVA apps, but not all.
10. You could activate lights on the left side which blinks when you play music. (drain battery)
11. Mobile internet is fast. 2.5G connection.
12. Few flash themes supported.
13. Battery backup is very sufficient for a day.
1. Music player takes time to play the next song. 2730 plays music quite faster but still 5130 XM has better sound quality and louder speakers.
2. To update the library, you have to free at least 1MB of phone memory.
3. Images are converted first before being able to delete them. from nrw to jpeg. But it doesnt bother that much.
The Nokia 5130XM I am referring here is the white/blue one. Throughout my testing, there is no major problem I encountered.
I think the problems encountered by other users are dependent on the model/color of the phone they have bought and the date of release (not the just the firmware but the hardware itself). The first releases are considered to be test products. They, of course, have some bugs. But the most recent releases have their bugs fixed. Of course, there's no perfect phone.
So if you'll gonna buy this phone or any phone with a firmware, do this:
click *#0000# to see the firmware version. Most newly released models have the current or more current firmware. Then, but that phone. i.e. v 6.xx are the first firmwares of the first batch of release of this phone model. That's why users with this firmware experience lots of bugs even if they update their firmware which damages their phone because the hardware isn't that capable of running or isn't that compatible with the most recent firmware. While the most recent batches released with the more recent firmware are more likely to support firmware updates.
1. Free up phone memory. As much as possible, free at least 90%.
2. Avoid using downloaded themes and changing themes frequently. The themes are copied in the phone memory which bugs it in due time. Not all themes are made for the same phone model even though it still runs.
3. Use KD Player or any third-party audio player for better performance.
4. Avoid colorful wallpapers/themes and very high in quality which slows down the phone and drains more battery.
5. Try using a memory optimizer software like Memory Up to free up unused memory. This will also enhance the performance of the phone at least 30%.
6. Don't let messages pile up your phone. If you have valueable messages, you could always back them up using the Nokia PC Suite and delete them from your phone. Messages are the main reason why my own phone hangs and slows down. My phone has 3,000 messages. I backed it up and deleted unnecessary messages reducing it to 900 messages. But I recommend that you limit your messages to 100.
I'll be buying this phone on December and now I know what to do. I don't care how many problems happened. I hope I have helped you guys...
That's all. If I forgot something, please do reply to my post.
God bless... ^____^
paul, 01 Nov 2010how many days battery last in 5130 pls max 1.5 day under normal use with firmware 7.97 and all other disabled