Tanx, Iam in Chennai and now I am getting the maps,
could you help me how to use the Navigation and voice navigation
i bought dis mobile last month. MObile is awsome apart frm some lacking points.I got wid 4 gb cards, I downloaded ABC 3gp convertor which convert the avi movie in mp4 n the clarity is too good. I also bought nokia 5800 headphone wid dis and the beats/bass booster was completely good. I am Satisfy wid dis mobile,
I wanna to download some appl. like adobe reader to check pdf files, adobe photoshop, Mp3 player and antivirus so plz mentiond the sites...
i m waiting for response
Plz plz can anyone tell me what is the use of gps. i wanted n5230 for gps but stores here are just providing 5233 which doesnt have gps. they say 5233 also has gps which only works through gprs. .. plz answer my question..
Thank u and keep smiling
Mohan, 12 Feb 2010Hi prayag,
tanx for your comments,
I got the red dot, but my phone shows me "NO RES... moreLooks like that you are searching for a location which might not be in map DB that was downloaded. First try a well known location like 'Delhi'. If you see results that you know everything is fine. Except that the location you are searching might not be there. Somebody had already menitoned that the map does not have small towns of India.
For a unknown location you can find longitude and latitude from google maps and add this location to ovi map. Then go to this location via menu and find a POI (point of interest) near it. Then if you want navigate to you set this POI as destination. I have found the application can not calculate routes for your added location in certain case but does well for POIs.
tanx for your comments,
I got the red dot, but my phone shows me "NO RESULTS FOUND OFFLINE"
I am using it...it is the best phone in touch group.the resolution is brilliant, the sound is awesome, the battery is good too.I give it 10/10.
Can someone provide me link to trusted symbian appliations like antivirus,webbrowsers,document viewers,media players,games
Mohan, 12 Feb 2010Hi Prayag,
Are you using GPRS for GPS
TanxI am using GPS only. Here are the steps (you can find others too in this forum by searching for GPS or GPS lock). I am assuming that you have micro usb cable.
1. From nokia site download PC suite and install it.
2. From nokia site download ovi map application. It will have extension sis.
3. Connect your phone to PC via micro USB cable and double click the ovi map .sis file. Check your phone screen to complete the installation. This will update already present the ovi map application on your phone.
5. Run the application once and accept the agreement and exit without going further.
4. Now dowloand 'map installer' windows application on your PC from nokia site and install it on your PC.
5. Run it to download map for india and few voice guidance files of your choice. The application will also install these files to your phone.
6. On your phone go to menu | settings | phone | Application sett. | Positioning | Positioning method. Disable all except Integrated GPS.
7. On home screen of phone tap ovi map icon and tab the tool icon. Select 'Internet' and then set 'Connection' as 'offline'.
8. Go outside in open away from tall buildings and back in ovi map menu on phone tap 'My position' . Wait upto 15 minutes (in my case it was 10 mins) for the GPS lock to be acquired. You know when it is acquired when you see a red dot at actual current location. Also the signal strength at bottom right of screen will be at about at least 2 levels or more (in Noida it is about 5 levels)
Now walk, drive and have fun.
Hope this helps.
suryasmanipal, 12 Feb 2010Ibought nokia 5233 yesturdy.I am not satisfyed with the audio quality.also uncomfertable with ... moreHi frnd!do u know,what is the maximum length of data that can be downloaded at a time using the 5233 GPRS.cn i c utube vdos?
SR, 11 Feb 2010If I may... Free means User Accessible. To write and over write. Rest has OS files.Ibought nokia 5233 yesturdy.I am not satisfyed with the audio quality.also uncomfertable with the stylus provided by the nokia.Overall this is a excellent smart phone.Please provide me link to trusted symbian appliations like antivirus,webbrowsers,document viewers,media players,games.
Just bought this one from Vodafone. Looks very nice and I'm very happy. I won't vote it now.. cause I just received it, but I'll come back with specifications + vote after 2-3 months of utilization.
At first look it's a great phone... and I was simply suprprised to see so nice quality on a 2MP camera.
Nokia 5230 has it all you want in a phone! Except it doesnt have a flash and only 2mp cam but its clear and good! I rate this phone... PERFECT!
sungod, 11 Feb 2010friend rom memory is a virtual memory that cant be used by phne so its to use multiple aplicatinsMy friend, what you are talking about is RAM (Random-access memory). Virtual or runtime memory is RAM not ROM.
ROM : Read-only memory is fixed memory that contain all the necessary programming codes, firmware etc.
Victor, 11 Feb 2010Hi guys,myself Victor. I wanted to whether it has "NIGHT MODE" Option in Camera. If ... moreYes it has night m0de but stil it is n0t really clear c0mpare when having a flash. But its ok to me, im using 5610 for outings and tripz. 5230 for socializing indo0rz hahahaha i just love this nokia 5230nur0n. Ü