RAM, 06 Feb 2010Hi Panky,
Can you help me out from the following
I bought N5230 one month back and so far ... moreThis memory error is software problem.
take you phone to nokia care they will update the software for free.
After that just install the ovi maps from nokia site & then intall the India map from Nokia map loader which you again get from nokia site.
to use GPS there is no need of GPRS or 3g, although for some functions it requires.
but for navigation, you can do without GPRS and 3 g.
just do the above & enjoy the free GPS in your phone.
take care bye !
Can you help me out from the following
I bought N5230 one month back and so far I have not installed any software in my phone and even Memory card.
1. How to use the GPS and should I download OVI Maps from the Nokia Website and install it otherwise will it be downloaded by Nokia priority dealers.
2. Whenever I start the GPS application my phone shows me MEMORY IS NOT ENOUGH TO START THE APPLICATION.
3.Should I activate the GPRS for GPS.
BAD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PURCHASED NOKIA 5230 YET IN INDIA.
Nokia has stop the production of 5230 for India
& replaced it with 5233(No GPS & 3G). price value of 5233 is Rs.7200/-. I have confirmed the same from various retailers of Delhi.
So go & grab you copy of Nokia 5230 till the stock last, otherwise you will loose the free GPS & 3g.
take care, Enjoy !
Emir, 05 Feb 2010That is kinda stupid question sorry! 5230 is obviously better!but i've no practical use wit gps or 3g!!! moreova, ther r no stocks of it!!!
Wilbert, 06 Feb 2010if NOKIA stated that nokia 5230 is a 3G phone,why when i go to a shop and asking for detail ab... moreThen clearly the people in that shop/store don't know a thing about what they sell.
if NOKIA stated that nokia 5230 is a 3G phone,why when i go to a shop and asking for detail about this phone they said that this phone are not supported with 3G?? two different statement can cause buyer like me to think twice whether to bu or not because i want to trade-in my nokia 5320 with 5230.
sanchez , 05 Feb 2010if you purchase this nokia 5230 your in for a treat orig $249.00 now £119.99 in the uk i... moreWake up...
The voice guided navigtion which was "previously" a paid service has been made free for all Nokia phones with GPS.
Yeah you heard... or should I say, read it right, its FREE FREE FREE.
What? Don't believe me, fine read this : http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_blesses_all_its_smartphones_with_free_voiceguided_navigation-news-1397.php
Nokia made all its GPS phone Navigation Edition, now they come with "lifetime voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation through Ovi Maps" and this is all "for free".
srk, 05 Feb 2010i am new to GPS i have read some of the post regarding the instruction of installing ovi maps,... moreif you purchase this nokia 5230 your in for a treat orig $249.00 now £119.99 in the uk if you drive you can get voice activated but that is not free you have to pay nokia a premium fot that service// moocha grazia // sanchez
those hu r using this set...nokia 5233.....plzz suggest me that is it worth set....shud i go for it or shud i search any other set.....i want to buy it in the same range...b/w 7 to 7.5....sumtyms i feel it worth buying but wen i look at ur comments its really difficult to make a decision
srk, 05 Feb 2010i am new to GPS i have read some of the post regarding the instruction of installing ovi maps,... moreThat's because 5233 doesn't have an in-built GPS chipset. http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/5233/specifications
If you own 5233 you wont be able to get voice navigation on your phone.
But still you can get Ovi Maps. Only you won't be able to get location based information.
im confused do you think i should get the lg cookie or the nokia 5230
i am new to GPS i have read some of the post regarding the instruction of installing ovi maps, maps downloader, i am still confused ..? when i went to download ovi maps 3.0 in the nokia site
www.nokia.co.in/explore-services/nokia-maps/download-maps in that device selection 5233 nokia is not there so what to do next can any one help me????
deeps, 05 Feb 2010pls suggest me which to buy, 5233 or 5230??That is kinda stupid question sorry! 5230 is obviously better!
Hi I bought it just two days ago. overall it seems good but sound quality is very poor even with headset. is GPS available in Pakistan. How to use it. Pls help.
Guys.. latest firmware for Nokia 5230
The following is the detail change log:
* Camera : logical name “qtn_lcam_cmd_rename_image” (Rename image) displays in Options.
* Calibration UI text layout is out of range
* Chat messages goes to wrong window
* Sometimes it is difficult to close the details pop-up
* Active voice call + proximity activation + turning of the device, to cause black display
* Mail for Exchange is “uncertified” for Simon HW variants
* MFE: Some items of Options in MFE can not be localized to Chinese.
* Contacts: New contact doesn’t add to the home screen after adding a photo to the contact.
* Games in wrong folder after backup restore
* OVI contacts:The order of the E-mail address is displayed incorrectly when adding friend in OVI contacts.
* Phone responds “Installer already in use” when trying to install applications
* Album art cannot be viewed if changed with music player (Huriganes)
* Unable to create MfE account into phone
* UI: Welcome logo is not displayed completely after rebooting.
those who had problem like above,can update to this new firmware