Anonymous, 04 Feb 2010it has just been 2 weeks since i got the nokia 5230 and i am already facing many problems with... moreYou just go to service center and they will resolve your s/w issues and please dont be panic, this is not a big deal and can happen to new mobiles too. Take care.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970ONE OF THE "Posting rules" : Read before you post. Search before you post. There is a big chance that your question is already answered
search for "Samsung Star" on the forum search above. Nonetheless, there was a comparison made before that I'm copying here. Read
Comparison between 5230 and Samsung Star
First lets see the positives of Star
- Dimension : looks more pocketable cause its shorter and thinner. Also little less heavier.
- Camera. It has 3.15 MPx camera against 5230's 2 MPx
- Comes with a document viewer. This is insignificant b'cause you can easily get a software for 5230.
Positives of 5230
- Screen is bigger and better. It is 3.2" against Star's 3". Also it is more pixel dense with more resolution than Star's. And not to mention it is 16:9 so full screen viewing is possible without black bars.
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack. Star doesn't has it. Its a major difference b'cause you can buy top of the line headsets (like Seinheisser or Bose etc.) from outside and use it directly.
- Little more internal memory. Its actually insignificant but it still is a difference.
- It has 3G. Star doesn't. Probably it is not that important b'cause 3G is not commonly used in India but atleast it will be ready once 3G race begins (in India).
- Lower resolution camera but better video recording resolution than Star.
- Symbian S60 Thus access to softwares that for me is a downright necessity in any phone. A non smart has to be checked for its features and what it "can do" before buying, but for a smart phone you just look at the hardware and buy it because the softwares can be downloaded easily. And its Symbian.
- It has GPS. So you can trace your journey, find direction. You can actually use your phone as a navigator with the built-in Nokia (Ovi) maps.
- Better battery.
- Another positive is that it support express-on battery covers. Not that important but still a nice additional advantage of owning 5230.
So unless camera is your only priority, go for 5230.
check the specs here : http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2909&idPhone1=2739
Praveen, 04 Feb 2010Hi Any one can answer my question?
when I remove the battery cover of 5230 battery is slipp... more I think it is manuf. problim.I want to buy n 95.What is yor opinion about it.My id is firstname.lastname@example.org
it has just been 2 weeks since i got the nokia 5230 and i am already facing many problems with it
1)when i tried to change the home screen theme, for the first time an error message popped on the screen,i selected ok and went to the home page.theme was changed but since then whenever i open the menu it shows a number on the top on the right side.when i select an option the number increases, stays for about 2-3 seconds and vanishes.
2)the most problematic one, since the beginning this has been happening, for some contacts which are saved in phone as well as sim memory, when i receive their calls it just shows the number and not their names.many times i tried deleting the contact and adding it again.it becomes ok for some days then the same thing happens with other contacts.i can see them in my contacts, the name appears when i call but when they call it just shows the number.
3)i am not able to create new or sometimes personalize existing profiles.whenever i try doing that a message pops up saying system error (-39)
i tried restoring factory settings and formatting my memory card but the problems continue to exist.
please guide me as to what i should do.
Awesome phone! W-Lan sucks a lot of battery juice anyway - dont need it. I have a netbook for that use. The camera is not as good as I had hoped, but its good outdoors, and for other use i have a digital camera. I got it for less than 26 dollar with a subscription a wee bit cheaper than the one i allready had. Why pay lots for a smart touch-phone when you can go cheap? Im waiting for Android-phones to get cheaper and it is a good phone meanwhile.
BIBLESKOOL, 04 Feb 2010Man, why would you get this phone when you can get the NOKIA 5800 on a cheaper plan, and bette... moreBecause Population of UK is : 0.061 x 10^9
and population of World is : 6.7 x 10^9
more than 10000%, 100 times
And the world doesn't deal in £ or plans
Get the picture, UK is not the world...
Man, why would you get this phone when you can get the NOKIA 5800 on a cheaper plan, and better too, Its' just a copycat version of Nokia 5800 XpressMusik! 5230 doesn't even have WLAN and the Camera is lower resolution - 2.0MP?? Ha! I wouldn't get this phone and the ratings here are much lower than NOkia 5800 too!
Sameer, 04 Feb 2010Friends this is for all who have doubts regarding the differences between nokia 5230 and nokia... morehi man can u tell me whether this phone is having wifi and camera in the front so that i can use fring for chat
Friends this is for all who have doubts regarding the differences between nokia 5230 and nokia 5233. both are same in each and every respect with only two difrences n5230 is having 3g and gps while as 5233 lags dese two features. price difrenc is just rs 600-700. gps feature in 5230 is wonderful so for me spending 600 700 more to buy 5230 wil be defintly wondrful as gps is an xclent feature which u wil mis in 5233. thanks.. any coment in welcomed
Praveen, 04 Feb 2010Hi Any one can answer my question?
when I remove the battery cover of 5230 battery is slipp... moreno i didnt face this problem yet and battery back up isnt bad at all. altough i have to charge it daily but also i use it throughout the day.
you must go to the priority dealer.
Hi Any one can answer my question?
when I remove the battery cover of 5230 battery is slipping automatically is any one facing this problem? Is it a manufacturing defect or normal one?
How's your battery life?
Please answer I purchased this from Nokia Pririty dealer I will ask them to replace if it's a manufacturing defect.
srk, 04 Feb 2010i bought 5233 nokia yesterday for 7400 at poorvika, touchscreen is simply best, it is worth fo... moreMETHOD TO USE GPS WITHOUT GPRS OR 3G
1. First of all install a Nokia Ovi maps 3.0 from nokia site & intall in your mobile.
2. then install india map from Nokia Map loader, which you get from nokia site.
3. then go to Map option in my position. Intitially it will take 10-15 mins to receive GPS signal.
4. now you are done, enjoy the GPS without any internet connection.
i bought 5233 nokia yesterday for 7400 at poorvika, touchscreen is simply best, it is worth for that amount,can any one tell me the instruction how to use GPS i am in chennai.......