Guys i got 8gb microsd CLASS 4! is it good enought? i transfer my files using bluetooth! wich class u guys have? i really couldnt find class 6! and it was really cheap!
I really like to buy that phone.. Bcoz it is cheaper touch phone in nokia corporation.. It's price approximatly 8000
Hey I have tested GPS in my device today without GPRS internet connection.... It rocks dear...
1) First I connected my phoen to Desktop and downloaded free OVI maps from Nokia web site size around 7.8MB. and I installed it to phone through PC.
2) I have downloaded Nokia map loader from Nokia site it's around 27.5 MB and installed it in PC.
3) Through Maps loader from my sys I have found many maps around the world. I have downloaded INDIA maps size around 120MB and Voice English - 3MB approx and Hindi - 5MB approx. and Map loader automatically installed all the downloaded stuff into my phones memory.
4) I am exited to use, I went to terrace of 3rd floor for better reception of GPS lock (it required for first use only) and opened the maps and tapped on my position. It took nearly 10-15 mins to get the GPS. hurray now I got the signal and my location and exact street wher I am Lol
5) I thought to test it, I have set a trip. when I searched for the place I was looking for it's really responded so fast and I got it quickly. It showed my destination is 9.8Km's away.
6) I started and the GPS -red mark started moving and it's showing the speed and how far I am to destination wow...... and it's voice feature is cool it's suggesting like turn left and turn right go streight and alerting take a turn at 50 meters and much more.
7) When I am on the way it's showing all the petrol pumps with area names and hospitals railway tracks, bridges and much more..... My freind was exited with the features of GPS Maps.
8) If you unfortunately took a wrong turn then no worries GPS caluculates the root freshly and from the point it show's another root once you set the destination you will never lost till you reach... cooooooool
9) last but not least whenever GPS is activated battery goes dry quickly.. It's not a prob if your car have a charger lol, And all this is done through offline without GPRS or 3G only. And I need test many more features of GPS I will update you soon enjoy your GPS navigation on 5230.
I had an opportunity to see 5233 yesterday. I have gone through menu's also. It's same like 5230 without 3G and GPS. And it have mono speaker same like 5230. Audio quality is good. Even though it doesn't have GPS you can use maps preloaded or via GPRS. :)
5233 screen is responsive but it is some what lazy-slow in responce to apps compared to my 5230.
But this 5233 available in India is a china made. And 5230 is Korea made... My suggestion is to buy 5230... I have wonderful internet and turn by turn GPS voice guided experience with 5230.
i was doing some settings in my 5230. Now i realise that on the left top corner of my screen where u get the service provider name and signal intensity instead of BSNL i am now getting symbol E with 2 way arrow symbol. wot is this?? how shud i remove/undo it?
Nokia 5233 doesnt have stereo speakers!! it is mono just like 5230! i saw few pics of the phone...looks like some ppl are liars here! and that phone doesnt have real gps and doesnt have real 3g too! its bad and cheap version of 5230 wich is great value for money!
slmslm, 29 Jan 2010How do I enable the contacts bar on home screen. I turned it to 'off' and am unable to un-hide... moreGo to settings>personal>home screen>home screen>mark contact and shortcut bar. Enjoy .
Nokia Hater Now, 30 Jan 2010First time ever I m too confused to buy any phone like this bec some says it has inbuilt Gps b... moreNokia 5230 has GPS, Nokia 5233 doesn't.
5230 has 3G with HSDPA with max. speed 3.6 Mbps, 5233 has 3G with max. speed 384 kbps.
Nokia 5233 specifications finally on Nokia's website :
There is 3G tech, though no HSDPA (there is WCDMA with max 384 kbps)
No stereo speakers (Atleast not mentioned there)
No microSD card or USB cable in retail package.
Rest all is similar with 5230 : microSD memory card slot with hot swap (max. 16 GB), 70 MB internal dynamic memory, changeable colour battery covers etc.
Nokia Hater Now, 30 Jan 2010First time ever I m too confused to buy any phone like this bec some says it has inbuilt Gps b... morehey, am using nokia 5230, and am sure that 5230 is inbuild with gps....and its shows great performance, most important its video shoot its mindblowing quality its providing.
Arijit, Dont tell a lie. I think u dont even see 5233 or 5230. Both the sets are very good performer. I have both the sets.5233 released only 6/7 days back, how do u use it for 1 month?
Arijit, 30 Jan 2010Nokia is now really cheating.they r tellin dat 5233 has gps but believe me i m using dis stuf ... moreI think both of you dont use 5230 or 5233. U r telling lie. 5233 came just 5/6 days ago. How do u use for 1 month?
If there are any nokia 5233 users out there....................can u plz tell me this phone is good or not................i mean does it hang a lot ...........does it have gps??
according to me nokia 5233 is a good set as compared to the price & features
hey guyz both 5230 n 5233 lowest price in mount road hotspot 9600058199 (chennai) im using 5230 only n my friend is using 5233 both r good for us ...