i just bought this phone 2 days ago. it's really a good, touch is smooth and fast. camera is really good it like 3megapixels. and the video is good too. i say this is the best phone. is batter than 5800. and music sound is also good too.:)
SR, 20 Jan 2010Its true. This phone does use mono speaker.
The sound quality through speaker phone (or as yo... moreowh.. i see... so,it's same With the Nokia 5320Xpressmusic which it using Mono speaker also?
but the Sound quality is Good,Right?
Because i'm planning to Replace My Nokia 5320Xpressmusic. :)
IN REPLY TO JEO..... i install the full opera mobile 10.2 beta in 5230 which works suprb go for 10.2 opera instead of 5beta2 this is also free and available from opera web ... i installed mobile security in this mobile from ovi which realy freeze my mobile and after 4 hours efforts i was able to remove it and brought my mobile to life my advise do not install that kind of software.
The qwerty experience in Landscape mode is pleasent and the touch screen is working very smoothly . Moving throgh menus is Fast and thanx to VGA recornding @ 30FPS is very good for sharing ur video . And the Opera S60 10 beta 2 Rocks and convert it into a Internet Giant.
Got it yesterday.A brilliant phone.Good sound.Camera is 2mp,but its clearity is not less than any 3mp nokia mobile.Its price is just Rs.8100.Its worth buying.So go and get one. Thnx
I bought from E-zone (Future Group) in Mumbai using Std. Chartered credit card and hence I was able to get 5230 @ 8,190/-.
v.Na5h, 20 Jan 2010Just two questions please answer these...
1. Does it support class 6 microSD card
2. Will ... moreAnswers to your questions :
1. If you have a microSD card it will be read by 5230. The reading/writing speed by 5230 will be as fast as possible depending on the capacity of the card and data in it ofcourse subject to RAM and processor availability. 40x speed characteristic of class 6 is the write speed for large files which will not have a practical application on your phone.
2. As long as the cable works fine and your PC is able to read the device, PC suite will work.
Just two questions please answer these...
1. Does it support class 6 microSD card
2. Will a duplicate CA-101 data cable work. i mean will it be detected in nokia pc suite 7.1
Bhushan, 19 Jan 2010Dear, Did you try to press the power off button once? Try it next time the alarm starts. ... moreMany Thanks Bhushan....it really works for me...i thought may be when i select the switch off the phone might switch off.....thanks once again for the solution.....
How much does 16 GB microSD card cost in New Delhi, India?
I'm sure Nok5230 supports that.
dean, 20 Jan 2010it was definitely the 5230 - look on their website - Vodafone UK look at the phone then look u... moreHi Dean, I checked the link you gave and it does says it has Wi-Fi but it seems Vodafone has got the specs wrong
Here are a few more examples.
- The site says the phone doesn't supports java games and applications. That's not true.
- It also says the camera has Auto focus, but its acually fixed focus.
- Its says there's no backup/restore my files items to/from PC which seems unlikely as it has the same OS as N97.
You can verify the specs from Nokia's website : http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/all-phones/nokia-5230/specifications?page=inthebox
The Nokia site says nothing about Wi-Fi indicating its not there in 5230.
this might be a silly question but is 5230's alarm sound loud enough to wake u from sleep. pls rly
Anonymous, 20 Jan 2010You must have asked about 5800it was definitely the 5230 - look on their website - Vodafone UK look at the phone then look under specifications
jeo, 20 Jan 2010has anyone installed opera mini 5 beta 2 (it is free to download) on 5230 if yes does it work ... moreThats usually how Opera works. It doesn't load the actual page but renders a cached page from its (opera's) servers. For better experience you should get faster internet.
Also you can check out Opera Mobile 10 that now works on Symbian.