SidewindeR, 04 Oct 2010Yeah, I think we had a similar discussion like back in those days when I owned my GM200. I too... moreI agree with you. 5130 does have the better audio quality, one of the reason why I'm still a proud owner of one.
utk, 04 Oct 2010You have absolutely no idea what audio quality means.
1) It's not the sam... moreI strongly oppose the idea that the ' effective ' audio quality does not depend on speaker quality.It also counts. Just like a TV' s picture quality depends on its picture tube. If the picture tube is bad, the effective video quality is bad irrespective of the quality of the input signal.So, the ' effective audio quality 'is bad without good speakers of quality and quantity, irrespective of the real audio quality .Only that is being counted.
utk, 04 Oct 2010You have absolutely no idea what audio quality means.
1) It's not the sam... moreYeah, I think we had a similar discussion like back in those days when I owned my GM200. I too had the notion that better audio output even through a crap earphone translates to a better audio quality. But now I realize what I was missing. Quality and quantity are two different things and strangely I still believe the cheaper 5130 offers the best audio quality among the phones i've tested so far. According to me it sounded just right even with a flat EQ.
All in all xpress music or not, 5233, 5230, 5530 and 5800 all share the same audio processor which I believe is the Toshiba DAC33 audio processor. So each phone has the potential to be equally as good in terms of frequency response and audio output. The limits are only set by the codecs loaded onto the fw. The Revenge^6 custom fw uses 5800 audio codec so obviously there ain't much difference between the audio quality among these phones.
For those who still want more output, try connecting the earphones in line out option instead of earphones.
sree , 04 Oct 2010bitstreambolt is betteryes .bolt browser is very good. but since it displays web pages like in a computer , more data is consumed .It will not be a problem if you have an unlimited data plan.You can stream videos as well . But flash content is not supported. You can make folders in bookmarks.In my phone , it hesitates to load during high traffic hours. Ok, thats all to share for now.
Pranav Gautam, 03 Oct 2010I bought this phone 4 days ago, and when i bought it , its battery was very loose and now also... moreNo idea about the battery thing. Maybe you got tricked and they(seller) gave you a duplicate battery.
As for freezing of your music player. Do a library update first and wait for it to finish updating library(adding files to music playlist). And if your music player is still freezing then you got a corrupted firmware. Take it to Nokia care or flash your device yourself.
Xpress music, 04 Oct 2010what top notch audio quality u talkin about? its not even an xpress music, it has a poor mono ... moreYou have absolutely no idea what audio quality means.
1) It's not the same as loudness.
2) It's got absolutely nothing to do with the quality and quantity of loudspeakers.
I have made it very clear in my post that loudspeaker is not good. Yes samsung do tend to have a better loudspeaker on cheap phones. If you want a really good quality loudspeaker among cheap top branded phones then try out LG's GM200, you will start to think that your samsung and XMs are just some cheapo Chinese toys.
BTW, which XpressMusic phone are you using? I got one as well, which has the best audio quality among all XpressMusic labeled phones.
The well known loudspeaker problem is likely a hardware issue .Anybody solved the loudspeaker issue with software update or with custom software ?
Third eye, 04 Oct 2010audio quality is very good with ear phones .You can use equaliser ..But loudspeaker is averag... moreyeah i know that, but Xpress music phone like mine has a better sound quality both on head phone and loud speaker i even connect it to the component it really sounds better than 5230/33
Xpress music, 04 Oct 2010what top notch audio quality u talkin about? its not even an xpress music, it has a poor mono ... moreaudio quality is very good with ear phones .You can use equaliser ..But loudspeaker is average and with mono sound. With sony earphones sound is absolutey great.
utk, 03 Oct 2010Take a look at this comparison and decide for yourself which one you want to go for. http://... morewhat top notch audio quality u talkin about? its not even an xpress music, it has a poor mono sound, samsung is even better than xpress music
Bhavesh , 03 Oct 2010 hi this is Bhavesh I'm using that phone from four month the phone is working fine but the onl... moreBhavesh go to Hell....I m using the same phone but i ve'nt came across such problems.
hi this is Bhavesh I'm using that phone from four month the phone is working fine but the only problem is that TOUCH is too poor
Pranav Gautam, 03 Oct 2010I bought this phone 4 days ago, and when i bought it , its battery was very loose and now also... moreThere are 2 reasons for it
*battery is not original
*you made it loose
The second reason seems to have a good chance. To solve it anyway , go silently to a nokia care centre.
I bought this phone 4 days ago, and when i bought it , its battery was very loose and now also it is very loose,
when i insert the battery and move it downwards , it gets out in 1 second ....
Do this thing happens to you all also !!???
and 1 thing also, its music player Freeze, it doesnt quit , it the shutting down option button doest work , so i have to remove the battery , is there any solution of this freezing of music player ???
awwww. i buy this phone earlier.and the sound is not good.but its ok. rhe only thing that i want in this phone is the touchscreen =)
Nitesh, 02 Oct 2010hey UTK , thanx a lot for ur sound advice, there's one more question , i'm confused between sa... moreTake a look at this comparison and decide for yourself which one you want to go for.
I don't have first hand experience with S5233T.
Anyways...some important points to note.
1) N5233 is smartphone, it means you can install tons of 3rd party apps and themes. S5233T is not.
2) N5233 has a ARM 11 434 MHz processor(can be overclocked to over 600MHz) with 128MB RAM. S5233T probably has a ARM9 230MHz processor & 32MB RAM(speculating, this is the usual platform used for cheap non-smartphones}.
3) N5233 has top notch audio quality, samsung isn't known for it's audio quality even for their DNSe capable phones. Also I think there is no 3.5mm jack in S5233T.
4) N5233 has bigger screen with more resolution and colours.
5) S5233T has a 3.15MP camera and that's the only feature it has over N5233. But the video recording of S5233T is pathetic because it records at QVGA @ 15 FPS compared to VGA @ 30 FPS for N5233.
Hope this helps. It's upto you to make the final call.
gpswifi3g, 02 Oct 20103g is not a big thing in present indian conditions. Only BSNL supports it.
You will rarely f... moreCool... totally agree with you. But please keep in mind that this is not an Indian forum.
For those people who want 3G and wifi.
Yeah.. I know there are plenty of other phones in this price range that offer these features. But the question is, how many of them are touchscreen SMARTPHONES? And how many of them offer a 3.2 inch screen with nHD (640 X 360) resolution capable of displaying 16 million colours?