Hi guys.. Been busy a bit wid exams n i'm back..
To all those ppl here bashing this phone and to the one's aspiring to buy one, here is the reason why I bought this phone.
1) Damn cheap.. At the time of my purchase, it costed only as much as a Corby pop or an LG GW300. A symbian smartphone at this price was too hard for me to resist.
2) Display : Class leading 3.2in display with a resolution of 640x360 pixels capable of displaying 16M true colours. Not to mention a better touch sensitive panel than even the 5800.
3) Bluetooth : Class leading BT 2.1 technology supporting upto 250kBps transfer rates while others in this range are still stuck at 40-60kBps.
4) Web browser : Again a clear winner among competition with full flash support and the ability to run native java script and display web pages like that of a full fledged desktop browser.
5) Messaging : Unlimited messaging thanks to the power symbianOS with support for push mail and a QWERTY to go with it.
6) Multiplatform support supporting native symbian apps, Java midlets, Python and QT runtime support.
7) Multitasking thanks to 128MB of dedicated RAM.
8) Upto 33 hours of music playback thanks to the behemoth BL-5J battery.
9) Great customisation possibilities with themes support and 3rd party HS support like Orange Tsunami.
10) User friendly interface which is sort of self explanatory thanks to Nokia's s60v5 interface.
11) Almost forgot. The video recording capabilities are unmatched by any phone in this segment. VGA @ 30fps with clear AAC audio. Need I say more...
Now if youre planning to buy this phone just for it's speaker quality, then it is better you find other alternatives. No SE or samsung or LG phones in this segment gives you half the features of 5233. That's the fact and it is so damn cheap... If you still demand more at this price range it utter arrogance.
Using this phone for the past 6 months and still a happy and satisfied user.
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2010in what way or aspect do nokia 5233 has advantage among the other 2 samsung phones? thanks!Both the samsung phones you mentioned are no where close to the hardware of this device. The samsung phones aren't smartphones. That is, you can't do anything else except listening to songs and watching videos. Smartphones are handheld computers. With enough knowledge you can do many many stuffs in this s60v5 device. This device has got a larger screen as well as a much greater resolution and pixel density. The samsung phones are of 320x240 resolution while this phone is of 640x360 resolution. So video playback and photos are much smoother and clearer in this device. Camera of samsung has same resolution but is no match with the one in nokia 5233 cause nokia's video recording resolution is 640x480 in 30fps, the same resolution at which satellite tv services, like TataSky in india, provide their videos and we know how good that is. Samsung on the other hand gives a maximum video resolution of 320x240 with only 15fps.
So basically, the samsung phones you mentioned is only for those who knows nothing but calling, messaging and listening to songs. If you have any doubts regarding this mobile, feel free to ask me.
lots of apps require ur imei number to 'sign' it. is der any risk of de phone being deactivated if de imei number gets in de wrong hands? plz reply. its one thing dats holding me bak frm utilising de full potential of dis awesome phone.
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2010Nokia 5233 in what way or aspect do nokia 5233 has advantage among the other 2 samsung phones? thanks!
Battery is not suported as per specification in the user manual
my WORST PURCHASE in my whole life.
bakwass sound quality. stands nowhere in comparison to 5800.
vry vry low visibility in sunlight.
very very low voice clarity. and low volume.
music quality bakwass.
recipint on the other side cant hear clearly when speak softly.
definately a no no for girls...
This phone is ultimate I have use last 6 month. imagine phone and good looking and good quality sound,picture,video every looking is good.........thanks
[deleted post]I bought it but without any regret. Yes, the speaker is a bit low but using my SHE9551/9550 and EP630 and the sound great. We have this Nokia 5233 because we can afford to buy it. What phone you are using right now Nokia 1208? No offense.
angelgirl, 07 Sep 2010i want to buy this mobile...bt read all the comment im confused...should i buy this mobile?how... moreThe camera is a bit pinkish in color not that good but the video quality is awesome.
Anonymous, 07 Sep 2010does your 5233 comes with stylus and with the compartment to put in when you don't use it?? mi... moreIn my 5233 box, i got a total of 3 back covers and each one had a stylus in the lower left corner. Data cable was also free. And i also got a guiter pick shaped stylus.
Anonymous, 07 Sep 2010does your 5233 comes with stylus and with the compartment to put in when you don't use it?? mi... morei got nothin in the box xcept plectrum handsfree and charger:O
no memory card and data cable?
any of you got mmc and data cable?