SidewindeR, 17 Aug 2010I'm glad you liked your new phone. The way this phone performs depends entirely on how you use... moreHi. My firmware version is 12 and the latest available is 21. I have already downloaded the latest version through the mobile. Its around 7 mb. The problem that i am facing is that the music library doesn't display all the tracks. That is, the songs starting with letter N and above are not displaying. Although i can select a song by blindly pressing somewhere in the screen but i just don't know where exactly i have hit. So will my updating to the latest firmware solve my problem or does the latest firmware have some problem of its own.
nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010In short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with complete satisfaction to custome... moreThat's the way it is. It is business strategy. You'd rather buy the Nokia x6 then you'll be happy unboxing it. That is why Nokia leads all the way. Got that!
nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010In short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with complete satisfaction to custome... morethere is a package that fits your description. Only it is called 5235 and more than 1K more expensive. :)
SidewindeR, 17 Aug 2010Hi mate, I see you having some problems with your 5233. 1) I have hacked my phone and it wor... moreIn short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with complete satisfaction to customer and not like this way where a customer spends thousands of Rupees on earphones & memory card to get desired results from a phone. This is very cheap way of selling things in the market, I'd say UNFAIR practice from NOKIA. Had the audio feature good in this phone, I do not think there can be any better phone today (in this price range)than this in the market. But to make that happen spend few more thousands of rupees to get it is really unfair.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2010BUMP: I purchased this phone yesterday, it's great, but have anyone noticed that you can't us... morefriend, radio works fine with original headset provided inside the package. Probably you will have to execute latest firmware update over the air - s/w version v 21.1.004 - to correct the prob. Execute and tell us.
I purchased this phone yesterday, it's great, but have anyone noticed that you can't use the speakerphone in FM Mode, I used standard headphones and then went to activate the speaker but the sound was still there on the headphones, is this normal?? I have not tried with the original headset.
nokia 5233 user, 17 Aug 20101. i don't know how to hack this phone. its not easy as well to hack this phone.
2. the volu... moreHi mate, I see you having some problems with your 5233.
1) I have hacked my phone and it works great. Well flashing using JAF is one of the easiest and the fastest ways of getting your phone's firmware updated. it's even faster than updating using the OVI suite. Unlike other flashing methods like in that of SE and Samsung, flashing using JAF takes only about a couple of minutes and is 100% safe. The risks of bricking your phone are very low.
2) Yes the mono speaker volume is low compared to other phones. You can't just compare this phone to a walkman. My previous phone was an LG GM200 which beat all the walkman phones combined when it came to speaker volume. but does that make it a better phone? Maybe, depends on what do with your mobile.
3) You should probably think twice before posting such baseless stuff. Even GSMarena's audio tests have proved that the SQ of this phone is one of the best in business and is easily comparable to the ipods and iphones.
4) Are you kidding me? How can you judge audio quality by using entry level earphones like the SHE2550? With it, you won't even be able to tell the difference between an ipod and a cheap chinese mp3 player. Get quality inear monitors like the SHE9800 or sennheiser CX300. To truly appreciate the difference in SQ you shoul atleast try the creative EP-630. Then you'll truly understand the difference. BTW walkman earphones doesn't even qualify as audiophile quality earphones. They are just expensive piece of sony trash. Nokia's WH-701 is even better sounding than the best HPM's.
5) Screen is one of the best in business. The pixel density, colour reproduction and the brightness levels are spot on and gives a great viewing experience. The only bad thing being poor sunlight visibility.
6) It's not an Ok phone but a superb phone as long as you know how to use it well and tap into what this phone is capable of.
No offence mate, but it just hurts when ignorant ppl like you simply post comments without actually looking into the facts.
sbdevilmind, 17 Aug 2010Hi bro. I bought my mobile yesterday. It's touch sensitivity is awesome. From now on i will be... moreI'm glad you liked your new phone. The way this phone performs depends entirely on how you use it. Just stick to this forum for updated news and handy tricks to improve the overall performance of your phone.
Hummer elbi, 17 Aug 2010Creative EP 240 will do great for FM. EP 50? Too basic. Yeah thanx mate for shedding some light regarding this topic. i have no hands on experience with the EP 240. Got a bit spoilt using the philips SHE9700 and SHE9800 earphones that anything below that does'nt seem to interest me much. I even gave my Sony MDR-ED12LP to my bro as I was not feeling too comfortable using it after listening to the philips earphones.
1. i don't know how to hack this phone. its not easy as well to hack this phone.
2. the volume is too low & BAD as compared to my old sony ericsson phone.
3. Nokia can NEVER beat Sony Ericsson in audio features. Its vain to even discuss over this issue.
4. If u do not trust me, use a sony ericsson set, hear the audio quality & then write here.
5. The screen is good & touchscreen is a plus point.
6. Otherwise OK phone.
No OFFENSE to Nokia lovers, its just my opinion which I have written criticizing the audio function in the Nokia 5233.
I purchased PHILIPS SHE2550 earphones for this set, still I do not find any major change in audio quality.
Overall a good touchscreen phone & that is all in the features.
it sucks pls donot buy tis........
its hanging too much n ther's problem of mobile getting restarted evey now n then.....
can anybody tell me what are these features?
1) TFT resistive touchscreen
2)Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Handwriting recognition
3)ARM 11 434 MHz processor
4)Stereo FM radio with RDS
5)- Voice memo/dial
Another question i like to ask is: Can it saves SMS messages in Memory card?
Any problem occurs while we install softwares like MS excel, word, dictionaries ????
Is it a symbian phone?
I bought Kingston 4GB class 4 genuin micro SD for 430/- INR wid 5233 n its working well
Hi all nokia users..
I m also proud to hv NOKIA phones, N86 8MP & 5233 both r realy amazing in their category..i hv posted the link of photos taken by my N86 in N86's forum...all of Nokia users r welcomed to visit in N86 forum.
Deval, 17 Aug 2010How is sound clarity n loudness of speaker?The mp3 sound is very low as well as the ring tone because there's only one mono speaker. But using my EP630 and SHE9550 for the mp3, the sound is better. I'm sure you'll be happy using Nokia 5233. Video is best at 30fps at this price range. Go and buy it now!
SidewindeR, 16 Aug 2010Yes mate, the video recording capability is superb too. it is something worth saving and break... moreHi bro. I bought my mobile yesterday. It's touch sensitivity is awesome. From now on i will be in this forum forever. The camera is really good. Especially for 2 mega pixel camera. Its video capture is the better part. Headphone sound reproduction is also very good too. I bought this mobile for 7000 rupees with 4gb memory card. Its actual price is 6500. This is the best phone in its price. No one comes close to it.