REturning mine to CPWHouse today - hopefully will get my money back. This is the second phone i get from them, and it keeps restarting. Soooo annoying.
It worked for about 2 hours, then started restarting, and it'll do so every 2 songs or so. Very strange - and a great shame!
Back to my trusty 6300..
I have this wonderful slim phone for a few days already BUT mine doesnt have that 'restart' problem at all...yup..i agree the loudspeaker,ringtones all the volume kinda low but when u play music thru headset..wow..it's like SE Walkman phone quality..2mp camera, with enough lights I can say the pictures are quite nice :) m hepy with it alto no flash and autofocus..Its no Lag at all and I love it...plus its only US$270...quite affordable and stylish..So I recommend BUY IT..
Dont go for this mobile. It is one of the Ultimate Failure Model from Nokia.
I bought this mobile and i gave this mobile to service in the next day.
The Problems are :
Bluetooth, Mp3 Player , Camera , Mobile frequently restarting, The receiver cant able to hear the voice properly, Ring Volume Less, Handset Speaker Problem, FM Radio Problem.Whatever they have mentioned as features the whole thing is having the problem. I kindly suggest you to dont purchase this mobile.
The phone is great, only the ring vol is very low (does 44cc describe the vol output?) and is there are way to increase this?
I am thinking of buying this phone but I have to consider the bugs reported and the pour quality of the camera. I would really appreciate if anybody who has the phone and tracks the progress of its bugs can tell me if the following problems are resolved when the new firmware is released:
- often freezes (that necessitates reboot)
- increase video playback quality: currently QCIF at 15 frames/sec (as far as I am aware)...if it gets bumped up to at least 30 fps and 320x240 please let me know
email me if you want to help an undecided buyer if any fixes occur! thank you
nd guys, i've been usin da phone for da past week, nd i've been damn impressed with wat it can do...still, all of us hv da same software version (03.60 13-09-07 RM-303 variant : 00.00) so i guess the firmware bugs also remain the same....
i experience two major bugs in my 5310 :
1.) the phone freezes whenever i get a missed call...i.e., if i dont pick up, the call gets missed and the phone freezes....to restart the fone, i've to open da back cover, remove and re-insert the battery nd switch da fone on.....a very tedious procedure.....
2.) same as u all....music player crashes while playin mp3 files....phone restarts nd then media library is updated again....again wastes a lot of time nd destroys the core purpose of the fone.....
hope the nokia ppl will release the firmware update soon....so dat v can truly experience the joy of dis wonderful phone.....
until dat, i've found out a way to avoid the phone crash bug while playin music....it works fine for me, nd i guess it'll work fine for all other 5310's too....i think the reason for the crash is some problem in the mp3 decoder software of the phone....so wat i did was :
1. remove all mp3 music files from the memory card or phone memory
2. install pc suite from the cd included in the 5310 box
3. open nokia music manager (transfer music icon in pc suite main window) and add the music files u want to upload in the collection (File --> Scan my PC for music files --> specify folder)
4. go to Options --> Settings and in the Conversion tab, select "convert automatically" to M4A format in 64 kbps high quality (this wont alter sound quality but will reduce the file size to half of the original mp3 size)
5. now go to File --> Copy to phone and choose the option dat u need....
now, instead of mp3, the music player wil detect and automatically add the m4a (eAAC+) files to the media library....these files play flawlessly....i've listened to over 15 hours of music using this format, nd believe me, i hvnt experienced a single phone crash ever since....
nokia 5310 quick facts :
* 3.5mm audio jack for connectivity to all standard audio accessories nd headphones
* dedicated music control keys
* xcellent ipod like sound output thru 3.5mm headphones (even in 2000W deck speakers, wonderful sound)
* full-featured skinnable music player with 5-band graphic equalizer
* upto 4GB expandable microsd hotswap memory card support
* 2" 16million sharp screen 320x240 resolution with ambient light sensor for brightness
* 9.9mm slim compact but still stylish phone weighing just 70g with battery
* lightning fast S40 interface with Java MIDP2.1 support (latest software)
* 512MB/2GB(region dependent) in-box memory card, with micro-usb cable
* easy to use, not too large nd not too small keypad with 5-way navigation pad
* sluggish, not upto the mark 2mpx camera performance, with average image quality and no flash or night mode
* battery life marginally lower than expected, but still much better than 6300
* loudspeaker volume fair (but not too loud) but still sound quality quite good without any distortion of higher frequencies....better than 6300
* average quality of in-box headphones (but sound output much better on plugging in your own headphones)
design : 10/10 (slim nd sexy, i like it)
features : 8/10 (culd've been better with S60)
performance : 9/10 (says wat it does...plays excellent music...other features not too impressive..)
verdict : a slim n sexy music phone for some1 who doesnt like to carry different devices eg. ipod+phone in a single package, nd at same price....power packed but i wished da battery life culd've been a bit better....still, kudos to NOKIA..!!
could you pls guys tell me
how many SMS can this cute phone STORES?
thank you very much!
I got one of those music player restarting 5310, its my second one with this problem. It seems many got this problem but not all?
shouldn't all have the same problem if they got same firmware in? (I got V 03.60)
sound of music player just suc.........
u should buy a walk man of 300 rs (local) that has better volume
It`s a great phone- slim, stylish, great features. But Nokia please look into the restarting problem. The phone automatically restarts after say an hour or so of hearing music and then after say every 15-20 minutes. I am an ardent Nokia fan and have used almost all of its phones. the best I liked was Nokia 5700. Great music phone. If the problem for restarting is worked Nokia 5310 shall be a great phone.
i have this phone as well i am experiencing restart when playing this phone thru headset. it s u c k s because knowing it is express music but it isnt performing the way it should i was able to download a firmware but i am quite confuse because i tried going to the nokia software updater and i wasnt able to find any including to most of nokia forums. searching google i find these let me know if this works because i plan to return my phone
better than w880.but w610 is 100 times and our dear w800i is still 1000000000 times better than this
i've just got back from Carphonwarehouse - my faulty phone, which was restarting when playing music, has been replaced with a brand new one. I've now been playing mp3s for 1 hour and still no restart. Maybe that was a bad handset. Fingers crossed it'll keep working fine! :)
To answer someone's question here, yes, it takes a 2gb card, as mine came with it, and works fine. According to the nokia site the 5310 takes up to 4gb. No bad eh?
Hi guys, Can someone please let me know if this phone 5310 has the capability of accepting 2G of memory card, because I love having enough musik and vedios in my phones.
Im bored of this phone now and ive only had it for a month or so. The loudspeaker is really low in volume why arent nokia bringing out some sort of software update for this phone?