so just summerising all the bad point of this phone:
- speaker is not very loud as it is a slim phone
- camera is really bad
- battery is bad, but thats common for most nokia phones
nokia almost got it right with this phone (nice try but not cigar)
1. the microphone is situated on the front of the phone, on the side, this is really annoying, as people actually hold the phone that way, so you tend to cover the microphone with your hand or finger(s)
2. the camera is really really bad, i mean it's supposed to be a 2megapixel phone like the 6500 classic and 6300, but in actual fact it's more like a 1 megapixel, there is a lot of distortion when taking pictures and videos.
3. the most common one battery life is still a main problem with nokia phones in general.
like i said before, nice try nokia.......but no cigar.
p.s i work in a mobile phone store and have tested various nokia 5310's, my feedback is also from a lot of customers who have purchased the handset.
Hi all. Where is the 3.5mm jack in this phone? I cant see anything in the pictures. Is it having 3.5mm jack on the phone or through a pin?
it's all depends what u need!
you want a slim phone, looks nice ,easy to carry
and just for making phone calls and txt
get 5310 or maybe 6300
i need a gps and i don't want to pay for it thats y i got a 6110 nav
so many ppl like it just bcoz it's NEW and slim
This phone sucks... Very low sound quality... dont expect because of its very slim design... crap
people should learn to read what has been asked and answered before. And learn how to look for info, too.
now, for the 10000th time:
this IS NOT SYMBIAN!
it's a Series 40 5th edition Nokia.
yeah the volume problem happens to me aswell i thought i messed it up until i restarted it.the buttons are kind of hard to press compared to ther phones and the case is abit loose
same with anyone else?
do you think this phone can use more than 4gb card? someone was chatting it would take sdhc cards which go up to 8gb
Hi. I got this phone last week and think it’s great apart from one problem – every so often the volume button stops working (which is really annoying when someone calls and you can’t hear them). The only way to get is back is to turn the phone off and back on again. Has anyone else had this problem?
Only problem with this phone is that rinnging tones r low even@maximum level,not like 7390 or 6131(which by the way is highest)
anybody who has both experienced both U600 and 5310? i'm really undecided between the 2...plz advise which 1 is better to use
juz got ma thingy(5310) yesterday for a kewl price of 11500 ... avl in chennai pple....
this thing has got killer looks, sound quality is average, camera could have been better. but for the price must say is a good buy.....
go for it....
no problem john
few more pointers
* the camera isn't great
* the battery life is reasonable ~ should last a good 2-3 days without charge (unless you listen to music a LOT)
* the speakers are not as loud as 6300 or 6233 because it is a SLIM phone
My advice would be if you want an Ipod Nano & a Mobile in one buy this. It's a good compromise of both areas.
I will probably not buy this phone and stick with my nokia 6233 because...
It's very thin / light and gives an odd feeling when holding it and so writing SMS messages is harder.
And also because I'll wait and see what nokia brings in 2008 Q1 / Q2. I'm sure once they get feedback from customers of 5310 they will bring a revised / improved / new version that will satisfy!
if u guys want to buy the music phone make sure the sound quality (earset) is good and better than moto e2, if not just waste $$
pls compare b4 buy