Solutions to 5530 issues:
1. Always bring your charger if you plan to use the wi-fi to browse the Net in coffeeshops, or you plan to use the external phone speakers for a long time or you watch videos. These three main features and bluetooth always on suck up a lot of energy.
2. Use SETTINGS to put all your files in the Memory Card to keep the phone memory free. This will help to minimize the slowdown or "hang" we all experience.
3. As to phone design, nothing beats a candybar phone like this one. A slider phone, sooner or later will have problems with the sliding mechanism, and this can be quite expensive to repair. No moving parts, no problems later.
4. This is a good phone for me. If you wish to be contented, do not look for what is not present in this phone, but rather enjoy the features it has. If you want a music phone or ipod, buy this instead. Remember, you cannot change the memory in the ipod or itouch when these become corrupted later in life. You can always change the card on the 5530. You cannot change the battery on the ipod or itouch, but you can always do so on the 5530. And you can make calls too.
well...i own an 5530XM. it is very handy.. but.. i rather choose nokia 5800 than this. and their price is not that far..i'm irritated on its battery because it does not lasts that long..and its starting to hung up..
How is the sound Qality of Nokia 5530 XpressMusic if compare to N79.
yea tats right ... made in china or hungary ... dosnt make any differens at all ... u just hav to chek tat its NOKIA or not :D...
Is it possible to download a YouTube application on this symbian phone?
Anonymous, 24 Jul 2010I have the 5530. So far, I'm quite satisfied. I ignore what the phone is not capable of doing... moremay i noe that if i buy, it's there any problem..........this phone is good or not????/
my phone does'nt seem 2 show the name of the song playing in the background can sum 1 tell me how to fix it :(((((((((((((((((((
I have the 5530.
So far, I'm quite satisfied. I ignore what the phone is not capable of doing due to its specifications. I celebrate the experience of what it gives me.
To preserve battery life, I go offline. I'm very happy with this OFFLINE don't disturb me feature when I'm driving.
I switch off bluetooth.
As a Music Phone, it is awesome.
No more Itouch for me. I will load up a 32gb microSD card once the price for this capacity goes down to acceptable levels. I'm now using an 8gb card from my E63.
I like the capability of changing the tags on my songs. The Ipod cannot do this without the Itunes on your PC. This is very convenient. I love it.
Count your blessings, enjoy and accept the 5530 as it is and what it should be in your mind, and you will know peace, contentment and constant happiness, until the next gadget comes along.
chic-chic, 24 Jul 2010same problem here..reinstall firmare.mine is working again..be careful on downloading third pa... moreDear, chic chic thanx for ur advice! R u suggest me to reinstall my memory card? Cuz i think that d problem is with my flash card! Thanx!
I bought myself one of these about a month ago. Really easy to use and one of the best Nokia Touch screens I have used.
However, it has the worst crappiest battery life ever. I literally keep it plugged in if i am to use it at all! Even if am not playing music and not talking it wont go past 2 hours of standby time.
In short, don't buy this phone. It is a rip-off...
Anonymous, 22 Jul 2010I don't know where did i catch that virus. But i bought it 2 weeks ago. I jus nearly didn't us... moresame problem here..reinstall firmare.mine is working again..be careful on downloading third party apps..i uninstall all the downloaded apps..and now hunting which apps with virus..but still under oservation..
try reinstalling ur firmware.. I have the same problem with my 5530XM..at first, i did try to open the file manager,then E:, then images,then copy 1 image to the phones internal memory..it works, but only for a short period of time.. Then i try reinstalling the firmware..already the 3rd day now,so i guess it works..
Faraz, 23 Jul 2010@durbar
Honestly speaking I don't think there's such difference between Noki... moreDear Faraz,
Hei brother... I'm very happy to see that you've saved what I've written before and trying to help others accordingly... As I've always said, knowledge should be shared without any conditions...
Honestly speaking I don't think there's such difference between Nokia china made and Finland or Hungary made mobiles... Actually there can't be such a difference as Nokia strictly follows it's standards each and every Nokia factories all over the world...
Regardless of the country they're being made, the fact that they're come out from Nokia factories I'm pretty sure they all are same...
I also searched in Nokia forums where some Nokia exports have expressed their ideas about it, and all of them have told very very clearly that, Nokia wouldn't do such a thing... Quality control of Nokia should be exactly same in each and every factory they owe all over the world...
At last, did you ever think, why would such a reputed company as Nokia do such a thing...? Knowing that it'll reduce the demand for their own mobiles why Nokia would maintain such a quality difference...? For me, it's totally ridiculous idea and I'm pretty sure Nokia china made phones are as good as Finland made ones...
However when it comes to Market, China made Nokias are priced lower than the Finland made ones... You know why?
1) In china you can get high skilled labors for cheap salaries... For an example high skilled mobile technician you may get for 250-300 USD monthly salary in China... But in Finland you will have to pay for the same skilled labor more than 10 times as that...!
2) In order to promote foreign invests in China, government has reduced costs of so many things... Taxes, Electricity and all other facilities are very very cheaper in China compared to western countries like Finland..
3) Material wise... The same quality high standard material you'll get in Finland will not cost you 1/5 of the cost in China...
(above 3 reasons clearly shows why western companies like Nokia loves to go to countries like china for their investments...!)
4) There's one more reason for Nokia china made phones are sold cheaper than Finland made... Among people, there's a feeling that China Made mobiles are not that OK and Finland made ones are perfect.. This may be just a feeling without any facts or reasons behind... But this 'JUST FEELING' has a market value...! That has ultimate made a high demand for Finland phones and low demand for China made phones..
Now I think you understand what is the situation and why... If I were you I will not worry about going with Chinese made Nokia if I'm so sure it's Genuine Nokia... Specially when there's a huge price difference between two, Why wouldn't I take the advantage of that...?
Hope this will help...
ceejai, 22 Jul 2010my suggestion is throw away your phone.. i swear that is an undefined virus that virus contain... moreI don't know where did i catch that virus. But i bought it 2 weeks ago. I jus nearly didn't use it. I think the problem is my fone's memory card. It cannot open my images! I'm tryin to delete, to refresh my fone somehow, but it's unable! But thanx for ur suggestion.
In Bangladesh we are facing problem before buying this. Because we find two phone such as
1.made by nokia.(made in china)
2.made in hungary.
please tell me which is best?
please mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org