Nuwan, 22 Feb 2010Dear cyber-shot under dog, Thanks brother.. Yeah you're right... But I don't think in ordin... moreyep yep, but it can also be applied in this mobile, having small differences is better than having none of them :D
GG, 20 Feb 2010Dear Nuwan,
I'm a new user of 5530. I've been using it for a week and it works very well. I... moreDear GG,
Here are the answers for your question as to my knowledge.
1) I really don't recall how was it like V 11 because I updated my mobile two months ago... But if I recall them correctly, V 20 brought 'OVI Store' as a default application and removed previous 'Download' icon from the main menu... And Kinetic scrolling was improved by applying them almost everywhere... I mean in option pop up menus etc.. But most of all, the huge difference I see between V 11 and V 20 is, the improvement in stability... With V 11, my mobile restarts at least once a day... With our without any reason it happened.. Not only that... Even after a phone call or some small heavy work, the phone always got stuck... (I mean with V 11 firmware) I was so damn frustrated then, but with V 20 update, everything disappeared... Now the phone works like a charm... No hangs... Nothing... So without any doubt, You MUST update your firmware to version 20...! No doubt about it...
2) I think it'll be better if you can do it... I mean hard reset... Please back up all your data (I mean ALL...) and do a hard reset... (Don't forget to format your memory card too...) Then after that do your firmware upgrade...
3) Most probably you'll have to reinstall them... But some of them may work but I can't guarantee you... And my advice is remove all the software (that means hard reset...) and format the memory card as well before you're doing the firmware upgrade... I think most of the people who complains about 'Phone didn't work after the firmware update' bla bla is because they've installed plenty of software and with the firmware update all get messed up and the result is 'Forever stuck phone...' So my advice is, forget about the installed applications... You can download and install them any time...
And don't worry about the firmware update... Yeah.. I also saw some people had complains about it... But let me tell you... Among thousands of successful upgrades there can be very few failures too... That's the reality... While thousands of successful updates will not tell you about them, only the failed attempts will promptly post here...! So don't get scared.. It's really worth to try... After all, even if you fail, Nokia warranty is always there for you to replace your mobile to a brand new one...!
Dear all my friends,
Here are some great day light photos of Nokia 5530 Xpress Music... Please check it out by yourself...
These photos haven't been modified... (Everything is just as they are...!)
If you also want to take this type of great photos, then you better follow my comments 'Optimum camera settings' in a previous post in this GSMarena...
Good luck friends...
cyber-shot under dog, 20 Feb 2010setting iso to high is better, sharpness should also be low thus sharper images brings more noiseDear cyber-shot under dog,
Thanks brother.. Yeah you're right... But I don't think in ordinary camera phones would that be sensitive for higher ISO values... I already tried but photos got worse...! (Regarding sharpness also, the thing is same..) Though for a good digital camera what you said is applicable... But not for this camera phone... Am I correct...?
Anonymous, 20 Feb 2010Thankx Nuwan=) bt the battery will not trouble me would it? 2 days in one charge?u r saying 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
if u watch 2 much videos(2-3 hours)it will only last for a day (highest)
can be less than that also
it has a very very very bad battery life.
which one is better in terms of speaker and phones sound?this or 5800?or which express music is the best at these categories?
six_stringers, 21 Feb 2010Hi guys!i got this fone for my GF last tuesday n i wanna share my comment n findings on this.i... morehey buddy you compare a budget phone to a n series handset you know n series has alot of features and advantages compare to this unit.by the way its good to know that you are happy with all its features
Hi guys!i got this fone for my GF last tuesday n i wanna share my comment n findings on this.i'm more on multimedia,that is music n video so i will comment only on this categories.the rests are all good to me.
1.i am using an N81 n when u compare their sounds n volume,N81 is far better than 5530.N81 is more crispy n d stereo sound is awsome.
2.d volume specially when u r in a headset,60% of N81's volume is already equivalent to d full volume of 5530.
3.video-5530's video is better,only the audio is not really gud when u play it with the device.
i haven't tried to record a video n play it to my laptop but perhaps it's pretty gud.
the rest of the feaures r gud for me as evrybody said in this site.
this is only my comparison....i'm not trying to discourage anyone to buy,instead,u should go n buy this fone.....because myself,will going to buy this one.
gud luck evryone n 5530 rocks
i just got this phone i noticed the battery really sucks, i need to charge everyday. anyone have this problem? any suggestion why?
I might buy this one over the 6700.
It has better performances and if you update the soft it will be just as new.
I don't need a 5 Megapixel camera cos I have my own digital camera so I do not need the phone for photos so much.
I need it for music and it's functionality and applications.
I recommend it to anybody that needs a music phone. Above all a smart phone. Style-ish, performs well and if you take care of it - you can take it in long years to come with you.
Hey all nokia 5530 Users!!!
If you guys are thinking of updating this mobile to the latest firmware then as far as possible update throught the mobile itself.
Updating through NSU takes a long time cuz the update size is around 130 MB whereas updating through mobile is around 16 mb.
And the very important thing is that while updating through NSU, its possible that your phone might not work even after the update was successful.
Now you guys may be wondering how did I know abt it.
Its becoz I have faced the same problem. My phone did not work after updating to v20 as I had v11. Luckily i had my warranty so I got it replaced. So I updated the new handset frm the mobile itself without any problem.
Hey guys, I had been using this phone for 2 weeks.. It really a great and awesome phone compare to 5800.. Just that this phone got no 3G and GPS thats all but u can upgrade to V20.. Well i upgraded myself.. To all Nokia 5530 users.. I think u can update through dialing this numb( *#0000#) after this a list of version of ur phone will be listed out.. After that.. just click on option>check for updates>download... thats all... alright i will put it in a simple ways:
2)Check ur version whether it's latest
3)click on option
4)click on check for updates
5)Download the version they recommend
6)Done and it will auto restart for u
Warning: This features only working for Original not for AP ty~Take note
Nuwan, 15 Feb 2010Dear myk,
As far as I know, the latest firmware for Nokia 5530 Xpress Music is still 20.0.080Dear Nuwan,
I'm a new user of 5530. I've been using it for a week and it works very well. I like it very much!
But I realize it's still in v11, been wondering whether to update to v20. What I afraid is that it will not work as well as before (as I read some ppl has problem after the update).
1. What is the difference between v11 and v20?
2. Is it necessary to do soft/hard reset before the update?
3. I have some apps installed in the memory card. If I remove the memory card during the update and insert it back after that, will the apps still working properly or do I need to re-install the apps?
Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Nuwan, 20 Feb 2010Dear all my friends, Here are some simple tricks to improve your Nokia 5530 camera photo/vi... moresetting iso to high is better, sharpness should also be low thus sharper images brings more noise
Taavo., 20 Feb 2010I have to choose between nokia 5530 or 5230 , what should i choose? what are these phones good... moreDear Taavo,
5530 has got Wifi, Better camera, Thin & light weight body, stainless steel frame, stylish look
5230 has got 3G, GPS, better battery, bigger screen
Other features (like music quality, performance, OS etc...) of two mobiles are almost similar...
I have to choose between nokia 5530 or 5230 , what should i choose? what are these phones good and bad things? thnx !
I m a regular visitor to this forum.Bt nvr posted any comments or opinions.So plz xcuse me for d lang i m usin.I hav a concern hre.
I m plannin to get this beauty thru my uncle who is returnin frm Dubai..Wil der be any pblm in usin dis in India..?
D reason y i m tellin dis is one of my friends got a nokia mob(i forgot its model no)thru a similar way.But it was nt workin hre.He consulted wth a Nokia authorized repairin center.But in vain.
So I was also a bit concerned abt this. Is the "hacking" method reffered in the previous articles related to this..?
Or if the ans to this quest is already givn..jst giv me a hint so dat I can search it myself.
Thanks in advance..