Do you all have any sites that have free themes, softwares, games, etc to download? I'm using Opera mini 10 beta. While using, some kinda 'memory full, pls close other application'? What's d problem? When I play my realvideo with my phone, seem lagging... Just only sound and picture hang... How can I fix it?
Do you all have any sites that have free themes, softwares, games, etc to download? I'm using Opera mini 10 beta. While using, some kinda 'memory full, pls close other application'? What's d problem?
Do you all have any sites that have free themes, softwares, games, etc to download?
Kyle, 09 Feb 2010To Sir Nuwan,
Tnx 4 d ur reply, yeah i've done all the things you've listed down,I usuall... moreDear Kyle,
I'm sorry friend... Seems the problem is beyond our knowledge... And from your description what I can suggest is that, this could be some sort of a serious software/hardware trouble of your 5530.. For both hardware or software troubles of Nokia (I'm talking about Nokia system software, not 3rd party applications) we really are unable to do much except for hard reset as the final solution which we can try...
So back up your data and do a hard reset and try again... (Remove your memory card first)
If that also doesn't solve the problem, go to Nokia care center (or to where ever you bought the mobile...) and seek their help... (Hopefully you should still have the warranty for your mobile.. right...?)
irshad, 09 Feb 2010my nokia5530 expressmusic not installing symbian aplication.all appear expire certificate . wh... moreDear irshad,
You have to either hack your mobile or sign the applications manually...
Both procedures are not that complicated but there are things to do...
Please search in these forums for these words.. 'Hacking', 'Brightening' etc...
You'll find it..
To Sir Nuwan,
Tnx 4 d ur reply, yeah i've done all the things you've listed down,I usually connect to different wifi hotspot, also aware of the signal strength,,one thing for sure that my 5530XM phone can definitely detect the WLAN in range and getting 100% excellent signal most especially in our work place like everyone can connect thru d wireless using diff phones such as iphone,itouch,samsung mobile wifi enabled and can get on line browsing wireless perfectly fine but when i tried going on mine...its always gving an error.."No CONECTION AVAILABLE" hope u can help me out w/ diz one Sir Nuwan...Thnks in advance!!!
my nokia5530 expressmusic not installing symbian aplication.all appear expire certificate . why? give me solution....
i use 5530 but not installing symbian application.kindly sent a solution ?
User1992, 09 Feb 2010I already updated my 5530xm firmware to v20 something like that. I can use d map. But d map re... moreuse wifi buddy to avoid any charge on map tools/settings/internet/network destination/choose internet not wap nor multimedia.
I already updated my 5530xm firmware to v20 something like that. I can use d map. But d map require GPRS. Charge money. Do your map require GPRS? Anyone? Or I did something wrong?
Atif, 08 Feb 2010I am confused which one to buy 5530 or 5800 not much price difference ??? Any suggestions 5800 nokia is so so bater
help nuwan! :), 08 Feb 2010hi Nuwan!!
just want to ask something dude.. :)
i wanted to hack my phone, but im afraid... moreDear friend who asked help regarding hacking,
This is not the first time I've answered the question you've raised... (Please go through the previous posts of GSMarena so that you can find more details) Use the search function in GSMarena (it's very useful) and insert the word 'Brightening' as the key word... (Because in my posts I've used that word instead of 'hacking' because the word itself makes people afraid...!)
Here are the very brief answers for your questions.
1) No.. It'll not affect your warranty... (Because hacking is just a software procedure that you can undo anytime..)
2) Most of the time No... But there are very few software which have conflicts with ROM patchers.. (ROM patchers are included with HelloOX2, the hacking software) For me, hacking went really well... No problem at all.. It has brightened my mobile...!
3) Yes.. as You said, internet is not a safer place and there are so many websites offering so many things.. But I can recommend you to use www.dotsis.com not because all the stuff there can be trusted, but because there are thousands of users attached to that website everyday feeding their comments and opinions... So you can have a prior details regarding the software before you install it...
Here is the post link to hacking your mobile in www.dotsis.com
Read all the instructions there in the web page.. That is very important if you want to be that safe... (I mean read the user comments regarding their experience... Once you're done, you also put your own user comment to help others as well...)
Best luck mate...
kyle, 08 Feb 2010TO ALL:
pls. neep help badly..i know this 5530XM is a nice phone.i've been reading so many... moreDear Kyle,
I'm sorry for your problem with wifi..
First of all, wifi in this mobile is working perfectly and it connects like a charm... (There is no settings as such.. What are the settings you're talking about...? Does your wifi connection has some encryption key or something...? Otherwise there are no any complicated steps...)
Please tell me whether you did the followings.
1) Did you check the same wifi network with another wifi enable device (another wifi mobile or a laptop may be...) at the same location (that you checked for 5530)? Then could you connect to the network and internet without any problem...?
2) Did you try to go near to the wifi router and connect to the network...? (Sometimes wifi signals could be too weak at your location...)
3) Are you sure you manually set the "search for wifi network" in your mobile....? (Menu - settings - connectivity - wireless LAN then click 'options' and then 'Refresh') Now if there are wifi networks nearby you MUST see them... If you can identify the network that you are looking for, the click 'Options' and then 'Connect' Now the connection will take place and after that you'll notice the tiny wifi symbol on top of your screen... (Near the battery level indicator)
Now you're connected... Then go to your web browser and connect to the internet...
(Now you'll think this you have to do all the time... Not really... If you set your wifi as the default access point, then there will not be any trouble at all... You'll straightly go to web without any hassle...)
Let us know whether it worked or not...
Good luck friend...
luisito, 08 Feb 2010i installed the ram boost app but it doesnt installed correctly, phone and my pc reads it as m... moreDear luisito,
I'm sorry brother... 'Ram Booster' is not a very good software... Actually I'm not sure whether it's working or not...
But there is a great software called "RamBlow"
I've put the download link and the instructions to install it in one of my previous posts...
Please search for it and install it... (Please read the instructions dear friend..)
Now I'm using it too much and loving it...
(You can find that software manually in www.dotsis.com also)
If you're facing problems regarding your phone, I think most of them should be because of the software we install (just to check most of the time) every day... So after some time, phone has plenty of garbage in it and can't operate the way we want...
In that case, 'hard reset' will be the only options...
I'm always ready for a hard reset... In order to be ready for a hard reset followings are the precautions I've taken..
1) Backing up my Contact details, Calendar entries, Notes & important messages once in 2 weeks.
2) Keeping a good collection of the software that I find useful and cool. (This is very very important..)
For an example.. In www.dotsis.com there are more than 20 different versions of cracked Quick office...! But only very few are working perfectly... We have to spend time to search for that working version and we don't want to repeat that search in each and every hard reset... Do we...? So I'm always keeping the best working applications as a back up so that I'm always ready for a hard reset...
I think you will do the same... For your own safety... (Because it's frustrating to find all the installed applications from the beginning...)
Good luck brother...
Anonymous, 08 Feb 2010Hi..any suggestion about this phone,it is good?not very good only~
mimi3, 06 Feb 2010hello, how can i off the camera sounds of this phone?Dear mimi3,
Regarding your problem of taking silent photos,
there is a software which can mute your mobile so that you can take photographs without making any sound... (You can disable or enable it anytime you want..)
Search for 'Silent Camera' in www.dotsis.com
Good luck friend...
Santo, 06 Feb 2010@Nuwan
There is a blinking message envelope at the top right hand corner that says SIM full w... moreDear Santo,
I'm sorry brother... Message blinking problem I really don't have any idea why is that.. May be you better ask from a Vodafone user because it seems to be an error with Vodafone sim.. (In our country Vodafone is not available... Sorry mate...)
Jean, 06 Feb 2010Nuwan,
oh well...cheap phone can't ask too much out of it i suppose..oh ya i downloaded the... moreDear Jean,
Yes... As it says it's regarding you're out of free memory... (or lack of memory)
In order to minimize it, You could do followings.
1) Close the applications running at the background... (May be there are applications running in the background even without your knowledge)
2) Install the application "RamBlow" and clean your memory using it.. (It's one of the greatest software I've ever experienced in my Nokia 5530) The download link with instructions regarding that software I've inserted in one of my previous posts here. (Search for it)
3) Keep as much as possible free memory in your phone... (40 MB free phone memory is a good achievement with lots of software installed...!) And at least 500 MB free space in your memory card.. (I exactly don't know is there any virtual memory process regarding Nokia Symbian OS like in Swap in Linux or virtual memory in windows OS... But I have felt the phone get stuck when free memory is very low...)
From all three solutions above, the 2nd option is the BEST WORKING SOLUTION...! It will not clear all your 128 MB memory because there is always a reservation for the system processes... But you'll gain about 40 MB which is more than enough to run Opera Mobile without any lack of memory trouble...
One more thing...
You've mentioned something like this...
"We can't expect more things from cheaper phones..."
But hei.. Let me tell you this... N97 is not normally considered as a cheaper phone... (I guess for you it's same) But it also has only 128 MB RAM...!
Just like 5530...! (and 5800 has the same amout of RAM)
As all above 3 phones have same OS & same performance (processor, RAM same..) the error you are having 'Lack of memory or something...' it must appear on them too...!
So don't put the blame on 5530 alone... It's a common mistake Nokia has done for almost all it's symbian high end mobiles...
128 MB...! That is not enough for us... NOKIA... This call is for you...
Now I think they're thinking about it... Latest Nokia N900 has 256 MB after all... (But that's really not enough... Specially compared to Google Nexus One mobile has 512 MB...!)
User1992, 09 Feb 2010Who can post d steps to install nokia ovi map into 5530xm? Please...dear user1992
there are 2 ways for gett ovi maps on to ur mobile
1:Here is a tip how to install Ovi Maps on Nokia 5530. First download Ovi Suit 2. Then connect your 5530 via bluetooth on Ovi Suit.Then go Instruments-Upgrade Software.Will show Ovi Maps 3.0 and download. Then connect your phone via usb cable and install on your phone. IF U DON'T DOWNLOAD WHEN U ARE CONNECTED VIA BLUETOOTH AND AFTER CONNECT THE USB CABLE WILL NOT WORK>
HOPE it will be useful.
2:Only Nokia Maps Updater 3.0 can install Nokia Maps on the 5530!
Download the Nokia Maps Updater from nokia.com (any version will work)
Install it and let it download any updates (for itself) until it reaches 3.0 version.
With NMU updated to 3.0 version, connect the 5530 in pc suite mode, and install Maps 3.0 on it.
After that run Maps from 5530 one time, and close it (it will create necessary folders)
Finally, download nokia map loader, let it update itself, and download any maps!