Can I use the 1500 mAH battery from 5800 in my 5530? If I can, will there b any problem?
people say touch screen destroys veryfast/faces problem soon is it true friends,, help me out to know ,, for taking decission to buy nokia 5530 xpress music.. your comments on this please
is this a virus or not or acommon proplem
first at start the tone of nokia start dissapeared the phone opens without the fampus nokia sound
and second there is nothing to rase or delete bluetooth of others saved i asked her before read manuals and the word delete not present...i hate to make factory set i think this has no solutions..isn,t?
what happens after the 60 days internet?will we still be able to use the net?
Kanye west, 18 Jan 2010dose this have a built in realplayer I want to buy it for my son?Dear Kenye west,
Do I talk to the Great Singer...? (Ha ha...) It's a pleasure to help him out at least this way...
Hei... 5530 has Real Player in built and it can play very high quality mp4 videos (you may say crystal clear videos) without any trouble.. (You should download a good video converter to have converted high quality mp4 files... Don't use default conversion.. because it lowers the quality of the videos very much...)
Not only Real Player... It also has inbuilt flash player... So that you can play Youtube videos (in web as well as downloaded flv videos) without any trouble...
hanu_blr, 18 Jan 2010Hi Nuwan,
I was just thinking that n97 mini headphone can be used on 5530 ?, both headphone... moreDear hanu_blr,
Yeah.. Of course you should be able to use N97 mini headphone with this mobile...
sujith, 17 Jan 2010dear nuwan
do u know abt this application "snapplife" did u try it on ur nokia 5530... moreDear Sujith,
Thanks for your suggestion brother... I installed 'Snapplife' and still testing it... So far so good...
First I got very angry with it because without even asking where to install, it just installed the application to phone memory decreasing my phone memory by about 3 MP. (I still am angry about it..)
But after running the application, it turn out to be a good piece of software, which is kind of like another interface to your mobile.
However it still has a kind of a lag, but yet cool application to try out.
Still searching for more... When I found, I'll let you people know...
Nuwan, 18 Jan 2010Dear Souvik,
Thanks brother... (Though I saw the message in the evening...) Good evening to... moreHi Nuwan,
I was just thinking that n97 mini headphone can be used on 5530 ?, both headphone are similar except for the extra music controls on n97minis.
souvik, 18 Jan 2010GOOD MORNING NUWAN,
Can u clarify some of my queries regarding this phone?
1. how long its ... moreDear Souvik,
Thanks brother... (Though I saw the message in the evening...) Good evening to you then...!
1) In order to answer your problem I have to know what do you mean by 'moderate usage'. OK.. In order for you to get an idea you better check my usage below.
2 hours talk
30 - 40 SMS
5 hours full of music
with above usage my 5530 stays 2 days without charge.
Yes... Compared to other Nokia phones it seems to be kind of battery hungry phone... But I think you feel that way because it's due to the larger screen size and comparably lower battery capacity. (Nokia should have introduced 5800 battery for 5530 as well...) Anyway for me, this is not a big problem... I'm carrying my charger everywhere...!
2) No. I'm sorry brother.. I don't think so...
3) This is a tricky question mate... I've seen both phones and for me 5530 looks very stylish & sexy than 5230 (which has the same old look in 5800) but if you don't concern about the look then I recommend you to go with 5230... (You guys waited a long and I think it's enough now...) However before you decide please take following facts in to account too..
* 5230 has 3G, GPS and high capacity battery which you don't have in 5530
* 5530 is a Music Xpress phone but 5230 is not. (But practically I really don't know why Nokia didn't name 5230 as a Music Xpress phone. Because it produces very good music out put after all.)
* According to GSMarena tests 5230 has got the best sound quality over all Nokia touch screen mobiles... (N97, 5800 and 5530) But according to my personal experience 5530 bass reproduction is better than 5230.. (Please someone confirm/reject this...)
* 5530 screen is bit yellowish while 5230 screen is bit bluish (like in 5800) Touch screen response also 5230 is not that good as 5530 but kinetic scrolling is there...
* 5530 comes with 4 GB memory card, USB cable, touch screen stick etc... But 5230 doesn't have none of above default. (You have to buy separately.)
* 5530 has wifi and 3.2 MP camera (with very good video recording) but 5230 only has 2 MP camera.
* After all, the appearance of 5530 is unique and no other Nokia phone doesn't have that design.. Slim body, Stainless steel frame add a great rich look to the phone.. But 5230 design is quite old and common. (Same design as 5800, 5235 that you can see everywhere..)
* Other features like processor, RAM, OS, Screen Resolution are exactly same in both phones so software wise you will not feel any difference...
As you can see, it's up to you to decide whether you should go with 5230 or wait for 5530... If you don't use wifi at all and if you don't really mind about the look so much then I think waiting for 5530 is useless... (Specially in a context where Nokia India gives false statements day by day...) Just go with 5230... Personally I feel really awful about the behavior of Nokia India and I can see it looses so many great customers day by day...
pdman, 11 Jan 2010the phone have a life span!(approx.12mths)is it true about this phone life span is.. 12 mos?
I had this phone since Decemeber 2009. It is quite a power hungry device since the battery life has an average of 72 hours. The device settings include level 2 touch screen vibration, max volume of tones with vibration. It would be much better if Nokia included the same 1500 mAH as the 5800 in the 5530 package. But nevertheless, the phone rocks!
GOOD MORNING NUWAN,
Can u clarify some of my queries regarding this phone?
1. how long its battery run with average/moderate usage? does it last for 2 days?
2. can I change its battery(BL-4U) with more powerful BL-5J battery which is used in 5800 or 5230? will it be compatible for that?
3. and last but not the the least, which is better 5530 or 5230? In my city (kolkata, India) 5530 has not yet launched. so do I wait for 5530 or buy 5230 now! what u say?
Nuwan, 18 Jan 2010Dear Sujith (and for all who're interested), There are 4 main Symbian OS so far (according ... morenuwan I tried n97 i handle it take some pics and surf the menus and honestly I dont find such difference, only the n97 is heavier, bigger screen, and in the daily use of course n97 is better than 5530(included lots of powerfull apps) but I really doesnt find big differences, and now that my 5530 has office editor of docs, photobrowser, amart movie, opera beta 10, paint pad etc I think is funnier than n97 from factory settings........only here in mexico price for n97 is 750 dlls, and 5530 250 dlls.( 5800 xpress 570 dlls) xperia x1 for 830 dlls, samsung star 200 dlls, maybe you wanted to know, cause some people said that 5800 is cheaper than 5530,
Dear Sujith (and for all who're interested),
There are 4 main Symbian OS so far (according to my knowledge).
Symbian OS 8.1
Symbian OS 9.1
Symbian OS 9.2
Symbian OS 9.4
* Please click the links for the examples of particular OS.
As you can see Nokia N97, Samsung Omnia HD and Nokia 5530 have same Symbian OS... (that is Symbian OS 9.4 Version 5)
So there's no need of waiting for a software update to be parallel with N97... Because you already have exactly the same OS version just as in N97.
N97 and Omnia HD supports some really cool extras like Home screen widgets etc.. Most people think 5530 can't handle them... But literally, having the same OS, Same hardware performance Nokia 5530 should handle the software gadgets just like N97...
But still we don't see such fantastic gadgets are for 5530... I think the reason is,
As Nokia sells N97 at a very high range and 5530 is comparatively for a very low rate, they are supposed to make a significant difference between the two mobiles... They may have introduced some extra OS modifications to N97 which 5530 doesn't include... Something like that... Well... I don't have that much of knowledge to go that deep... But I think it's kind of a thing...
Still, as you may have already tried, there are widgets and home screen mini players for 5530 as well... (The Omnia HD clone widget recently our friend Cyber - Shot under dog introduced is a good example...)
Hope this will help to solve your hesitation...
(Please we need more comments, if you're aware deeper than this... We need to share our knowledge brothers/sisters... Right...?)
ron, 17 Jan 2010wher can i download an ebook reader for 5530, thanksDear dam & ron,
I think you want to open/edit office documents such as word, excel & powerpoint and open PDF documents as well...
Well, you can buy adobe mobile reader (for touch screen mobiles) as well as Quick office (touch optimized) for this.. But I personally think the prices are kind of high and most of us will probably wonder whether there are other options...
Then it comes to cracked versions of above two (which is of course illegal) but sometimes we don't have another solution right...?
Go to www.dotsis.com and register there...
You'll find a bunch of forums (posts) with a lot of legal and illegal software (freeware as well as cracked versions) there... I also found quick office and adobe reader from the above site and they're working just fine...
w00t, 17 Jan 2010Have you guys checked the memory card that came with you 5530? i checked and it was a 4gb SDHC... moreDear w00t,
1.5 hours to transfer 3 GB content...? That is totally insane...! I strongly suggest you not to use Nokia's usb cable to transfer data anymore... What I do is, just remove the microSD card from the mobile and connect it in to my laptop using microSD card adapter and to fill above amount (3 GB) it takes only about 15 to 25 minutes... (If I recall it correctly...)
So, I don't really think it's a fault of your microSD card version or so... I think it's due to USB cable connection... You have to connect SD card alone then it'll be much faster I suppose...