well I'v just ordered one of these as i dont need 3g coz it has wifi, the 3.2mp camera on my old n73 is better than the 5mp camera on my current samsung, and i dont need gps as i have a tomtom anyway, and for £10 a month its ideal for me, thats all i was spending on pay as you go anyway
Guys how's Sound quality compare to N91 & stupid expansive IPhone ? and overall performance ! btw is this better thn N5800 ?
Nuwan, 07 Jan 2010Dear Dee,
Answers for your question according to my knowledge...
1) Definitely more than... moreThanks for your helpful reply Nuwan.
Sorry no I just meant I'm in the UK and wondered if it has Italian language on it, sometimes the language packs vary between continents.
WAHAHA everybody is comparing with the iPhone ahahahah! !
Dee, 07 Jan 2010Hiya, I'm thinking of buying this phone but have 3 questions for owners of it.
1. If I send... moreDear Dee,
Answers for your question according to my knowledge...
1) Definitely more than 2 days... (For me, with 30 sms, 2 hours of call & 4 hours of music it lasted 1 and half days...)
2) As far as I know, it doesn't matter you charge it without completely discharging it... (Nobody can wait to charge the phone until it drains it charging completely... It's crazy...!) But on the other hand, there's an initial charging procedure which includes 3 full charging cycles... (Search internet for more details...)
3) Sorry.. I have no idea because I don't know what italina looks like... (All I can say I saw five or more different languages with similar English like letters...!) And what do you mean by UK version...? Made in UK or something else..? As far as I know, there's no Nokia factory in UK... (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Mohan, 07 Jan 2010Thanks Nuwan.I already went through the gsm specs of the same. While they do tell the display ... moreDear Mohan,
Hei.. If you are going to buy it from ebay... I have some questions...
1) Are you sure about the genuineness of ebay goods...?
2) Is it safe to buy things like cell phones from ebay...?
3) Do you know any specific honest seller in ebay who will sell only genuine Nokia...?
Actually above questions are not for me... Those are for the brothers and sisters in India who're eagerly willing to have this sexy phone since several months... So I thought if it's safe to buy from ebay then why don't you guys try that way...? (I'm talking to you my dear friends in India...)
And one more thing... Please don't try to do business (I mean costly business) in ebay if you're new to it... (Begin from small items.. If you know well, then go to cell phones...)
Also be aware that some countries charge very high taxes on luxuries items like cell phones... (Even though it's doubtful whether mobile phones are that luxuries..) So Indian friends should check that out too...
Good luck to you all...
karl, 07 Jan 2010@nuwan
dude do i have to do sumting to my phone in order to put themes on it? or i just ins... moreDear karl,
Yes.. If it needs to be signed and if you're given an error like "certificate error" then you should do one of followings.
1) Hack the phone using HelloOX2 (Even though it says "hack" it's completely safe.. Don't worry...) But don't do it if you're not aware of it well.
2) Get a signing software (There are different methods available.. I downloaded one as a torrent and I had to give my IMEI no to some website in order to have a certification file and a key file.. Now I can sign any application to my phone, it's so easy to install any application...) But here also, be careful..
Please do above things by your own risk... Because most of the people, they don't read, they don't follow the instructions and then screw all up... If you are a good reader, a patient searcher then you're good to go..!
Good luck brother...
Note: However there are plenty of themes which don't require above procedure at all... So if you just want themes and themes only, then you don't have to follow above steps... But on the other hand some very beautiful themes won't install if it's not hacked..
Hiya, I'm thinking of buying this phone but have 3 questions for owners of it.
1. If I send/rcve 50 texts a day, make 30mins calls a day and surf the net for maybe 30 mins how long will battery last between charging?
2. Can it be charged anytime without harming battery or must I wait for battery to be nearly empty?
3. Does the phone have Italian language on it, in the UK version?
Nuwan, 07 Jan 2010Dear Mohan,
If you see the GSMarena specifications in both phones carefully then you wouldn... moreThanks Nuwan.I already went through the gsm specs of the same. While they do tell the display size and resolution they dont mention the quality of the screen. Even in their review they were quite vague about the display. I hope you understand the display quality isnt a matter of resolution and screen size alone. Hence I needed to know.:)
I guess 5530 it is. I needed to know since I am buying this off ebay. Thanks again for the help.
dude do i have to do sumting to my phone in order to put themes on it? or i just install it and its good to go?
Mohan, 07 Jan 2010I meant the LCD display quality and not the touchscreen responsiveness.Which one's better?Dear Mohan,
If you see the GSMarena specifications in both phones carefully then you wouldn't be asking this question regarding display quality.
5530 has better resolution (640 X 360) than iphone (320 X 480) and both phones have same colors. (16 million)
When you look at both screens at the same time, you'll notice 5530 screen is bit yellowish but it's not too much... (For me, I find it better than being bluish like in 5800. I don't know for you...)
Screen size (3.5") is larger in iphone than 5530 (2.9") so, I don't know what you'd think when you look at both phones in the same time...
For me, I really like the sexy look in 5530 and it bets fits in my palm than iphone... (I don't have a huge palm...!)
Anonymous, 07 Jan 2010to the guy that asked if the touchscreen resposiveness was the same compared to the Ipod Touch... moreDear Anonymous Iphone lover,
Yes friend.. You're correct on the touch screen response (iphone is better than nokia touch screen)
But here you don't have to compare the both because those are two different touch screen modules...
Iphone is using capacitive touch screen technology while nokia is using resistive touch screen.
So when you're using Nokia you'll have to press little bit in order to get the response... But when it comes to iphone... just a touch will be sufficient..
Some people find capacitive are better while some others find resistive touch screens are better...
All I can say personally for me,
1) I have never used a touch screen phone before so I really want to feel the button is pressed correctly or not..! So resistive touch screen is best suited for me..
2) On the other hand I don't want my phone to be do anything even when I'm breathing..! I know iphone does things when even when there's a wind out there..! That's really weird... (I mean for me... OK..? No offense with iphone lovers... It's indeed is a great phone.. But not for the people like me...!)
Hope iphone lovers are not angry with me...
I meant the LCD display quality and not the touchscreen responsiveness.Which one's better?