rumee, 05 Oct 2010my 5530 often restart automatically. what should i do to solve it??? please help me.you have to flash yous mobile....problem will be solved...shuvo from Bangladesh
Nuwan, 05 Oct 2010Dear Nikko, CSUD and all my friends in GSMarena,
Finally I did it dudes… I could successful... morei want to know more abt what u did n how u did... in detail. if possibe mail me at email@example.com.. hoping dat u'll help me...
I am facing some problems..It sometimes become hang..sometimes It does not respond when i try to receive a call...But these are very minor problem..
Is there anyone to tell me that how can i increase my RAM..It always shows only 40 ...and i can not use opera mini 4.2 in my mobile...it does not install in my mobile...If I want to use a theme, the mobile becomes so slow...sorry for my weak english quality..please help me...I bought this mobile happily..But it problems make me unhappy..
why is it everytime i make outgoing call the phone turn off even though in coming calls too...
I want to Know,Is the conference is available in this Phone,because when conference selected,it shows not NOT ALLOWED.
which is better for this phone, opera mini or opera mobile? please explain why? thanks. I need the answers asap.. Thanks
hi Nuwan, CSUD, Nikko and everyone,
first, im glad that you finally made it brother, now brother nikko and you may now tell us more about it. and that's one thing we've always been waiting... new surprises from our beloved 5530..
i also wanna try it ofcourse, i am just letting some more time to pass so that we could see whether custom firmware will be as good as it was when first installed..
now i got this question that i still experience up to date since the second time that i brought my Francesca to Nokia Care. every time i am using my music player it get's slow it lags or something. speed is really reduced, i can really notice it even in typing a message.
what can i do about it?
and another problem here is that i cant use wifi, even in hot spots. i dont understand why i can connect to wifi but cant use it i even sometimes get disconnected.
please help me brother, do i need to do something or configure or fix any settings?
i havent installed any applications yet. i deleted each and every application that i got and im bound to gather it again. this time with extra care. wish me luck brothers..thanks! hear from you all soon.
thank you very much.
cyber-shot under dog, 03 Oct 2010I'm just sad for Symbian Os-es, people hated it an example of the symbian^3 review of the N8, ... moreYou are right, the days of symbian^1 as a top smartphone OS may be over. But that doesn't mean its the end of the road for it. Symbian^1 requires a lot less hardware resources than android or iOS. This allows it to operate in a price range that android or iOS can only dream of. We already have the 5230s and the 5233s operating in a price range devoid of any other smartphone. The sub 110 euro 5250 will be released soon. The idea of a smartphone for everyone will become a reality very soon thanks to symbian^1 devices.
Nuwan, 05 Oct 2010Dear Nikko, CSUD and all my friends in GSMarena,
Finally I did it dudes… I could successful... moreDear Nuwan,
Congratulations brother! I tried the Xtension^10 cfw as well. The last cfw that I used is Audaciouz v3 based on 5530 v31 fw. :)
my 5530 often restart automatically.
what should i do to solve it???
please help me.
I have been using this phone for a week now and I had no problem with it. Good phone and value for money.
Dear Nikko, CSUD and all my friends in GSMarena,
Finally I did it dudes… I could successfully install a Custom Firmware on my 5530…! I can’t describe how happy I am… What my brother Nikko has told are all true… Now I’m going to describe everything as much as I can…
The CFW I tried: Xtension^10 (based on 5530 V31 FW)
I used ROFS2 and ROFS3 from Xtension^10 and other files from Original Firmware downloaded by “Navifirm” from Nokia servers.
First I had to make my mind to experiment this because I already had a well & smooth functioning hacked phone which I was satisfactory. However Nikko made me realize that still it’s better to give it a shot so I gave it a shot… Here are the results...
1) Installation only took 5 minutes (For the whole thing… Can you believe it…? Installing a custom firmware within 5 minutes…! I expected it to take at least 30 minutes…!)
2) Everything went so smoothly and No hangs no errors so far… (Best performance of my phone since I bought it…)
3) At the first boot I got 62 MB free RAM and 81 MB free phone memory…! (Brother Nikko… You were exactly correct… I couldn’t really believe you when you first said it… Now I know because I saw it from my own eyes… and funniest thing is, after formatting the phone with original Nokia firmware files, I only got 50 MB free RAM and 67 MB free phone memory…! So performance wise, without any doubt Xtension^10 is way better than the original….)
4) It’s already HACKED…!
5) Both normal & Threaded view SMS (Yeah… it’s true…)
6) Transition effects were really really cool… I felt no any slowness what so ever… I don’t know why Nokia doesn’t include these cool transition effects (just like in i-phone) in to their devices… Especially when their hardware is supporting them…
7) I got plenty of already pre-installed software (bundled with CFW) like “kill me, OVI maps 3.04 (latest – Nokia N8 has this version), BTswitch, Nokia custom dictionary, Skyfire (Flash enabled best browser though I really don’t use it..), Siseditor, ROMpatcher (with more than 10 patches), Phone torch, File Browser, Screen Snap, Music Stopper, Autoinstaller, Virtual Key board, Google maps etc…)
8) Music player library only reads E: Sounds\Music instead of whole phone… (This is something I always wanted…!) and Internet Browser cache has been moved to E:\ (So useful… You don’t have to clear the cache every time in order to save the free space….)
9) 9 different Home Screen themes (Including Omnia HD home screen with widgets support, Orange, Vodafone, Oratsu, Navigation bar and all default home screen themes…)
10) Application opening time has been greatly reduced… (I don’t know what they have done… But even heavy applications starts really fast… with very cool transition effects of course…)
11) Now I installed some other applications I want (Quick Office, Adobe Reader, TTPod, 360ting, MSDict, NetQin antivirus and Mobile guard, Flipfont, Uninstall king, Ultimate voice recorder, Widgetizer, Jbak taskman, Opera mobile, RAMblow etc…) and still the phone is performing like a charm… After having several added start ups still I’m having 55 MB free RAM after a fresh restart and 75 Free capacity in phone memory…)
12) There are other so many minor changes… (Music Quality has been increased… But not that noticeable, Default font has been changed... but I don’t like that font personally so I installed flipfont and changed the font)
13) Noticeable improvement in Battery life.
Above all are things that I like… If I didn’t say about things I don’t like, this will not be a good post… Here are the things that I didn’t like…
1) Phone didn’t respond when receiving a phone call (This happened only two times. I had to remove the battery to restart the phone…)
2) Start up screen and sound has been changed from default Nokia screen… (I like the default one… by the way, this is not a big problem as I can manually change that to default nokia… still I’ll be glad to have the default thing…)
3) No any default themes… There were only two themes but not the default ones… (They have removed them in order to save the phone memory space I suppose…)
4) Internet browser crashed on me two times so far… (Now I’m using Opera instead)
As you can see my friends… I’ve got enough reasons to keep this CFW…! 12 very good reasons with 3 minor disadvantages….! (There is no doubt of what we’d choose what so ever…)
However I’m not going to stop from here… I’m going to discover more and more… My next CFW trials will be Xtenstion^C6-01 and Quicken (Both are based on C6 ported firmware for 5530 V31 by PNHT)
But until I’m going to the next step, I’m enjoying this Xtension^10 at least for another month… We’ll see guys…
Well… This is a post note… I thought I will be buying Nokia N8 or Nokia C6-01 as soon as they released… But now I’m thinking to stay with this beauty some more time… Well… If this phone exactly looks and functions like them… and if I’ve got plenty of 3rd party software tools too…. And when Symbian^3 hacking is unlikely so far… Why would I really go for it…? Ha ha….
nhoy0410, 04 Oct 2010i like my 5530 i cn download full movies games 4 my pc and psp.do u tell me, site for full movies and free pc games?
My bluetooth was messed up by some software, i think it was third party. It seems the hard reset fixed it. My bluetooth didn't find other devices and if it did, connection failed.