kkkabirkkk, 27 Sep 2010yes that is possible..
what you need to do is define a new access point, give your phone as w... moreDear kkkabirkkk,
Thank you so much for your reply brother... I could follow it until the PC part comes... In my phone now I've got an internet access point named 'My Laptop' which was made just as you've described...
But in my PC when I entered the same IP given to define the 'My Laptop' destination in mobile, it couldn't connect both.. Instead I lost my internet connectivity in my laptop... (When I switch back to 'automatically detect IP' then everything went to normal in PC...) So I'm in trouble brother... Here are my questions..
1) As my laptop is not really a router it can't communicate with a two Wifi devices at a time... So obviously if I try to connect my mobile to my laptop, the connection it already has with the company's network will be lost.. which also means I can't have both internet and my mobile's wifi connectivity in the same time... Am I correct...?
2) The fields 'IP address' and 'Default Gateway' in PC Network internet settings should be exactly same with my pre-defined mobile network or what..? (i.e. IP address I entered in mobile should be entered in IP address field in my PC and Default gateway I entered in mobile should be entered in default gateway in PC...)
3) When I connect my laptop and mobile which one acts as the client and which is the server...? (Because as far as I know there should be at least one client and one server for a network connection...) Or both are acting as same privileged...?
4) I have always set my company network as to be automatically connected... Do I have to set it to manual in order to avoid interference...? (I have Vista Home premium up to date licensed version)
5) Do I have to type this IP address thing in my laptop each time when I want to connect my mobile with it...? (Because with the company's network my laptop deals with another IP which will be automatically detected.. When I manually define IP that connection will be lost... So each time when I want to connect to internet I have to set the settings as 'automatically detect' and each time I want to connect my mobile I have to set the settings to the values you gave me (192.168.3.2 bla bla...) I'm just wondering do I have to do this each and every time...? There is no other easy way...?
6) I have no shared folders in my laptop... Because I don't want to share my stuff with company people...! Does it mean I can't access my laptop from my mobile..? Even it's a private network connection...? However I don't mind to access my folders through my mobile... How can I define folders to be accessed only using wifi with mobile but not company's wifi connection...?
7) Let's say I have got a shared folders in my laptop made just for 5530... That means through 5530 I can only navigate those shared folders... Right..? and if I have got a shared folder in my mobile, I can access it through my laptop... Right...?
I know that's a huge list of questions... Please take your time and reply me... Thank you a lot...
I've had this phone for 5 months now and I loving it more and more! Although this is just an entry level touch screen phone from Nokia, It still has a lot to brag, it plays and record video with 30 fps. so you can enjoy almost real time vid record as well as playback, multi task feature, plays flash on web page, personalized home screen so you can choose your mostly used apps. accelerometer w/c is very useful for landscape taking pict/vid, and qwerty keys for msgng. sleek design, very compact, 3.2 cam w/ flash, 4gig memory card in the box exp to 16g, wifi, reads word docs, It's just everything I need for a phone. I also upg my phone's software to v 31.0.009 and it dramatically enhanced processing speed and also includes updated music player with the addtn of some new apps. I highly recommend this phone to people who's looking for an affordable touch screen phone that does at least most of our multimedia needs.
Wow its only P8,990 brandnew its fast even in ver 20 fw no software prob and takes nice picture outdoor almost at par with n73, totally better than my 5230
i got clear pic in out door bt the pics taken indoor get blurred and pixels seems burst
why is this so .Do my camera need settings and how?
can anybody tell?
this phone is crap.i dont reccomend buying this.i always have software problems.i had to send it to warranty repair for 4 times and now i got my money back .
Nuwan, 27 Sep 2010Dear kkkabirkkk,
You said you're using SymSMB with wireless file transfer.. I also have tha... moreyes that is possible..
what you need to do is define a new access point, give your phone as well as your pc specific IP address..
In your phone:
> Add new access point
> others (hidden)
> give a name
> select open network
> select ad-hoc
> select internet = New Access Point Added
> Select the access point just defined
> option > Advanced Setting
> IPv4 setting
> phone Ip address
> give it an ip like 192.168.3.2
> subnet mask
> Default Gateway
> Give this an IP too like 192.168.3.1
(all IP that we're gonna define need to have the first three parts same 192.168.3)
> Ad-Hoc Channel > 1
In your PC:
Goto Wireless Network Connection Properties
>Select Internet Protocol TCP/IP
>Give it an IP
>You can use the same as given earlier for Default Gateway
>Enter Default Gate way IP as earlier
Make a new connection
Select the Access Point name Earlier defined
If you want to make the connection secure you can define a Wireless security or you could define password in SymSMB under accounts.
I hope this helped.
There should be a guide in the official telexy site too, so search for that too..
my phone got hot when using internet,playing videos or games within 5 minute. Please give me suggesion.
CHRIS, 24 Sep 2010I have faith with the make nokia for about fifteen years.so i decided 2 go 4 touch screen.
th... moreDear Chris,
You need to upgrade yourself and accept the change. Once you are use to it, you will love the touch screen cell phones. Be patient, and stay with the new technology.
If you are not part of the roller coaster, you are part of the Road!.
Wi-fi, 26 Sep 2010My phone is black but it comes wt white headset any comment bout it?Same here. That's ok buddy, i got mine from Nokia.
kkkabirkkk, 25 Sep 2010hmm poor you and cybershot-underdog..
I'm sure I too would have ended up like that... moreDear kkkabirkkk,
You said you're using SymSMB with wireless file transfer.. I also have that software but couldn't use it as a file transferring thing which I always wanted..
Well... Here is the thing... I can transfer my files to my company server's shared folders through company's wifi router... But what I need is not that.. I need a private and secured connection between my laptop and mobile... without any router in between... I know that is possible but I still couldn't achieve that connection... Is it really possible...? (Because I know such a wifi connection will be very faster than bluetooth connection which sometimes I have to use...)
guyz i formatted the card and now when i m trying to install those app again from ovi store it is not showing download link ???now what i contacted nokia they said those app might me installed in ur phone i tried looking fot them in app manager there was nothing........what should i do help plz
Nuwan, 23 Sep 2010Dear Nikko, Why don't you prepare a 'Manual Preset' by yourself.. I have prepare a lot myse... moreHi, I was wondering if you could send me also the equalizer shots, I have trouble adjusting the 7-band eq, it is more complicated in the sense that it adjusts all the wrong frequencies
cyber-shot under dog, 26 Sep 2010noif i flash my phone, can i still revert it back to the original firmware if i decided to?