Very dark screen.even when i use a colourful theme.
This phone's display is defective.when i set the Light Sensor at maximum the screen starts blinking :(
alastor, 01 Dec 2009Does anyone know if Americans can get firmware updates for the 5630XM?yep, just download or install the nokia software updater. then run that horse and follow the steps in updating yer fw.
if you plan to download that, go to europe.nokia.com. that's where i got mine.
Does anyone know if Americans can get firmware updates for the 5630XM?
regarding your fave contact list. this should only be for the person you contact the most (your other half).
just add a "dot" before his/her name on the phonebook so when you open up your contact list you just need to press up and there it is.
(dot)PerezHiltonSuxx - .PerezHiltonSuxx (it would appear like this)
you should also have that other person do the same as you for the same convenience.
batt_life, 30 Nov 2009this phone can`t change fonts?!!! you people can change your fonts in this phone? i thought it... moreyep, cant change fonts.. there are a few that tried but the firmware ended up pretty badly, they had to reflash the entire firmware again. they were kinda lucky that nokia care centre didnt ask for no questions.
font sucks i know that.. i was looking maybe i can setup comic sans on this, but i guess we may have to bear with it.
as per text messages.. on a good day i might go more than a hundred. i live in a glorious nation where you can get unlimited sms for 30days (same network) for as low as US$3.00 and a few cents. sun cellular is the greatest provider of all @_@
darryl, 30 Nov 2009one question for secundes. are there really no smileys at all? or can we insert them? i mean w... moreyep, there aint no smileys for this baby.. just a tip, delete the templates and add your smileys on that.. so when you insert text you can then insert your own smileys. and no, they wont appear animated or something,. it would appear just like this :D
here are a few of my faves
.^_^. coprighted by my gf. no one is allowed to use this
@_@ sick bloke
+_+ shining eyes / sharingan
0_0 four eyes
hope that helps
one question for secundes. are there really no smileys at all? or can we insert them? i mean will they appear as smileys or jst like this ":-)". because i also am a heavy texter(if you consider 10 msgs per day as heavy) and i use a lot of smileys. and what about that problem of the message not reaching at the first attempt? is it true??
this phone can`t change fonts?!!! you people can change your fonts in this phone? i thought it`s symbian!
Thank You sooooo much "sekundes @_@,"
As you said so many questions that I have raised can not be solved by us as it's just Nokia's Symbian phone's design itself. So as you said I'm going to adopt with that because on the other hand we've got plenty of good stuff instead.
However your ansers about smileys and favorite recipient worked well for me...! And I'm very happy at least few headaches are gone with your help...
Anyway even with those common troubles of Nokia symbian design... I have to say that I'm very happy with the phone... You know as we are human beings there's always a tendency to be unsatisfactory with whatever best thing you have...!
Thanks again (for your time and great help) brother...
Nuwan, 28 Nov 2009
I have following few questions about symbian phones as I used to use normal... morein reply to your numerous queries..
1. nay, you cannot add smileys with s60 handsets. it's just designed that way.. i myself had to delete all templates and replace them with smileys - that's what i did. to add that on the sms, just press the center key / click add "something" / add text
2. as for the contacts, im sure there's a way to view names and numbers at the same time, though im not bothered by that anyway..
3. i myself am dissapointed as well with the limited number of shortcuts provided on the homescreen, but i was able to make do with it. here's what i did:
left key: contacts
right key: messaging
shortcuts: music player, radio, clock, bluetooth, file manager, gallery (from left to right)
these should be the easiest setup in which i have direct access to most things i do anyway..
4. get acquianted with the "c" key. had problems with that at first but i was able to adapt.. no more problems with that so far except for the occasional mispresses.
5. add yer gf to your contacts list on the homescreen. just open her entry, then click on send message. or p-lace a symbol (preferrably a "dot" on yer gf's name like ".nuwan's gf" so when you open the contacts list all you have to do is press "up" and there's yer gf)
6. cant do nothing about the fonts.. sorry @_@
7. dunno about that either, never got bothered by something so trivial..
8. that's how nokia designed it, this is how it's very different than s40 like yer previous phone. make sure you save up enuff memory in yer phone mem. i currently have 44mb of free space on my phone mem and i reckon that should be enough.
9. 100 sent sms should be enough, why bother racking up yer phone memory by that? not much to be concerned about..
10. refer to answer #3
here's my problem when it comes to this phone...
-i have none ^_^
i think the battery depends on how you use your phone, depends on how long of hours you text and call. color of the phone doesnt matter, you have the freedom of choice.
i think the battery depends on how you use your phone, depends on how long of hours you text and call. call of the phone doesnt matter, you have the freedom of choice.
i heard it has bad battery life?it is true? how long the batt last?
sekundes @_@, 28 Nov 2009problems with sms may happen if you flood the outbox, or send group messages (GMs) all the tim... morei dunno.. limiting multiple sms sending to avoid the mysterious software defect is not a solution i guess,well the phone has one of the fastest processor to date and has nand memory.. how come the same thing happened to my n73 even if i wasnt textin that much when i had the phone? *sigh* i need some real help with regard to this problem of mine.. i love the phone though but what good is a nokia 5630 when it is no longer able to send a simple sms?
frnds... me gonna purchase this phone...
im doubted oly on two things....
1) does this one have a good battery backup?how many days it will stand?
2) which is the best colour? Red or Silver?
Pls help me n gimme good replies...
I have following few questions about symbian phones as I used to use normal phones for a while and recently came to Nokia 5630 which I'm very happy with. But still there are points which are not clear to me regarding symbian phones and I would appreciate if somebody can help me on this.
1) How to add smileys in sms?
2) How can I organize my contacts as i can see both the no as well as the callers name. (Now I can only see the name. But I think it'll be better if I could see the no as well.)
3) No of shorts cuts we can insert in short cut bar is only 5. And I want to add more.. How can I achieve that...?
4) When I push the switch off key (below the cancel button - in normal phones the red colored button that we use to cancel all the applications and come to the main screen) when I push that button I am getting a menu which has "switch off!" as the first choice... I always accidentally push that and have to restart again manually. Is there any way to modify that action?
5) In normal S40 phones we have an option to add a "favorite recipient" to send sms and with just a one click we can send sms to that person... (When considering the fact the no of sms I sent to my girl friend within a day... This option is something I really really want...! I know you guys have faced the same problem and found a solution)
6) Default font type for sms is very very ugly in all symbian phones.. I hate it and I want the same font type as Nokia 5220. How can I do that...?
7) In picture viewer when I'm watching photos in full screen I can't go to next image by pressing next button.. I can play it as a slide show and watch it's going or else I have to open each one by one to look. How can I change the picture viewer so that I can see the photos in full screen navigating my own.
8) All the files I receive through Bluetooth I'm receiving as a bluetooth message and I have to open and save it another time... This is frustrating when we are dealing with so many bluetooth files... (In normal phones it's very easy... Files are received just like they are and not like damn bluetooth messages...!)
9) I can only save 999 maximum no of sms in my sent folder (default it's only 100) and it's RIDICULOUS... In my previous 5220 phone I had more than 5000 sms in my sent folder and now I can't even synchronize them to this new symbian phone... How can I increase that no 999 to 999999999 or more...??
10) Is there anyway to add most frequently using applications to the main menu...? Because each time i am supposed to go to main menu then applications then installer bla bla to open your favorite application and it's frustrating... (with the fact that I can't add more than 5 short cuts in desktop this is so annoying...)
So far above are my problems... They may seem bit silly but sometimes I go crazy annoyed by them...
Please if you guys know some solutions for above, please answer...
confused jayr, 27 Nov 2009@joey.. yup, i dont know, its some kind of flaw in the software i guess, it happens when your ... moreproblems with sms may happen if you flood the outbox, or send group messages (GMs) all the time. everytime i send GMs it would usually wait about 5secs before you can do anything, so i suggest one GM at a time..