you can use 4GB microSDHC card with 5700? wow! really, i dont have any idea about mmc's... do they have the same size(microSD vs microSDHC)? and how much is it(4GB microSDHC)? where to buy?
Really, it is still avaiable at some shops
inside Park Square? I hope they aren't
just dummies on display just like in other
malls.Did you personally inquire about it?
I'll check it out!
Oh, btw,your positive feedbacks are just as
good as I expect of it but the
looks(distinctively sporty yet simple)and
superb audio quality are the first things
that caught my attention. I just wonder why
it begins to be scarce in the market
despite the high demand...huh...it makes me
think the reason behind. Probably, 5700
would be modified a little in a new model
to come out so that Nokia could command a
much higher price worthy of its features.
May I know what color of the unit do you
Great In taking your Own pictures by yourself,
simply twist the machanism to the screen side(camera to the screen side) and take a perfect picture.
* You can't browse radio stations using the remote control.
May I know what exactly you mean by this line. As changing stored station is possible via supplied remote.
No problem. Here's their phone number: 683 0926. I went to Ayala Center last night and guess what I found.. some stores selling 5700's. I found some at Park Square 1; just search the place; I got to a place with stalls selling cellphones and one stall was selling them at Php 11,500. I think I had a bit of tunnel vision regarding availability so we can heed the knowledge of Ashes from a previous post.
Regarding performance, I attest that it's really a great phone considering its price.
These are my observations (my firmware version is 3.8x):
* Display is brilliant; keypad is comfortable to type with; the joystick, not so much.
* Multitasking capabilities; phone can usually perform many tasks at once: play music, manage messages, send music thru bluetooth, run a java app at the same time.
* Really fast, I moved 400 SMS messages in about 20 seconds, with radio on.
* You can fill the memory card to almost full capacity but you can still associate the word 'speed' with this phone.
* Had hung already, but only 3 or 4 times so far.
* Battery will last 2 days with moderate usage; a day or less if you're a heavy user. Charging takes about 1.5 hours. Playing videos drain the battery real fast.
* Many aspects are configurable; you can even assign a different sound for battery events .
* Synchronization with PC goes relatively smooth.
* Playing full screen videos @ 30fps sometimes results in lags, but viewing experience still good.
* Although sound output not too loud, it is rich and full ('buong buo') for my ears at the least. Thanks to the stereo speakers.
* You can't browse radio stations using the remote control.
Messaging & Internet
* Messaging and contact management not as good as Nokia S40 devices (no insert contact in composing an SMS; can't use both SIM & phone contacts at the same time).
* Contacts are sorted by alphanumerically, does'nt consider special characters when sorting.
Confirmed observations from previous posts:
* Display is brilliant.
* Camera is ok under good lighting conditions; otherwise, it sucks. The bright flash won't help much.
* For a mobile phone, browsing experience is fantastic. Use Opera browser for best results.
* Not too many music player features compared with the a brand's music player, but good enough. Dedicated music controls respond a second late.
* Gallery could've been better (no image slideshows). Acquire a 3rd party app for that.
+++ Anyone, feel free to correct me if I gave any wrong info.
I am from India.
If you too belongs to India than right now you can get it from few Nokia priority & the mobile store. Though I too have to struggle a bit to find this model as in general all stores who don't have this phone said "its discontinued". But yes it is available
I purchased this from mobilestore at noida. there site is www.themobilestore.in you can check it there. I got this at 11050 INR.
recently i have given my nokia 5700 in nokia care centre because of a software problem in my piece
after taking my cell back i found that my cell firmware version has been updated to 04.21
i thought that 03.83 was latest .....but 04.21 has replaced it 0n 27th december 2007
for details check this site
For those folks here in Metro Manila, 5700 isn't yet phased out. It is indeed available. In Nokia Store Robinson's Galleria, it's priced at P13,000.
I bought mine there back in June 07 and definitely works great. I have its' firmware updated to version 3.83.1 in November and am currently using a 4GB microSDHC card.
With that said, I kept myself purchasing an N81 8GB. 4GB is fine with me (after all, it's a phone).
Other than Nokia Stores, you can check out 5700 in BSD International, Semicon, Hello and other reputable mobile phone sellers.
Thank you for your time and effort in
giving suggestions where to buy one. So
how's the performance of your 5700 so far?
Can you give me the contact number of the
store in Megamall? I might get an info when
they're going to have new stocks of the
unit or an enhanced model probably.
Just to add to my previous post,
Its good in web browsing also. supporting almost every type except wi-fi.
comes quite cheaper than other smartphones.
"hi can any one tell me da flawbacks or disadvantages of dis fone"
Well i think (some may think otherwise)
good Fast processor
latest symbian OS(check gsmarena review for what is new in it)
good robust design.
very Clear sound coz of DAC(not very loud though)
Very Very comfortable keypad.(consider this in buying a phone)
Shiny screen with 16M colors
A nice remote control in package.
Plenty of games & applications to download.
on the whole a great smartphone with nice music capability & very appraising screen & keypad.
Camera performance at night results in grainy pictures works ok in day light.
(I do not found bug in joystick though)
tell me If you are looking for any other info
@anton: I bought one at Topwin Telecom, SM Megamall Cyberzone last 16Dec2k7 for Php 11,500; they only had 2 units left that time (lucky me). I don't know if the remiaining one's still available. 5700's being phased out already. Very sad. Try Greenhills if you haven't gone there yet, or maybe you can stil l get one from a Nokia authorized dealer, but it would cost you about 14K; the one at the Rockwell Powerplant mall is a good candidate.
hi can any one tell me da flawbacks or disadvantages of dis fone bcoz i'm goin to buy it so plz guide me bcoz i'm very confused abt da fones e65 nd 5700
can any one tell where can i get full version of advanced call manager???
Hi to all nd @mujtaba
Today i have installed a software phonetinfo. But after installing it i found that my software version of mobile suddenly changed to 3.83 from 3.27. So i am little bit of confused. Pls ppl help of
i did it with my self. thanks for your help. without your encourage it was not possible for me to do so. thanks again
@ aaccsg -
is it the rokr e6 ur using now im using a nokia 5700 xm right now its fantastic and im also going to buy a moto rokr e6 ... tell me if there are any problems with the e6 ...