deleting themes? try visiting viperkids blog.. there are so many tips there ^^ i've learned a lot lot more about my fon with the help of viperkid..LOL ^_^
btw: a4tech? how much will they cost ? hehe thx ^^
Thanks, I am from a town nearby Kolkata in West Bengal, India.
The battery life is between 1 to 2.50 days depending on your use
Go to application manager. Select the theme to remove. go to options and select remove. Sometimes the installed theme doesnot get listed in the app manager ( a software bug). In that case process is a bit complicated. Google a bit and you will get the answer. Regarding antivirus only jiangmin beta is free. But this does not have a real time monitor - i.e., it does not stays in memory all the time. You have to select the application manually to scan. However, as per latest information there are not much viruses in s60 3rd edition (FP 1) and before affecting / infecting . getting installed they will warn the users more than once.
Hey, how's the battery life of this phone? How many days would it last for normal use? Please.. Anyone?.. Coz im planning to buy this handset..
1. how to delete themes
2. which anti virus is better i installed trrend micro after its trial i cant install it again
thanks for ur reply but its good now. no problems now .. yup enjoying a4tech v.v.v.much
hi viperkid, thank you for your response...you've been very helpful...
To ganu-- Yeah ganu. The current price of 5700 is 11,000 rupees in mumbai. Infact , its 10,500 rupees over here in bangalore. Not bad for a smartphone !
oops, my bad. dat's..
hi fellow noypi! hehe
try formatting ur microSD first. if problem persists, do format ur internal memory by pressing *#7380#. do not forget to do a full backup before proceeding. i'm quite sure dat u r enjoying ur A4Tech earphones =)
he fellow noypi! u can watch TV programs via 3G streaming with 5700 (though not live per se but only delayed a few minutes and some r pre recorded ones like movie trailers, TV programs and stuff..). local channels like GMA, ABS-CBN...
but if u meant DVB-H a feature from N77 and N92, which means, speaking here in manila, u can watch more channels aside from local ones like cartoon network, jack TV, mtv, etc., 5700 does not hav dat particular feature. and hey, DVB-H here in our country is not also live so to speak, its delayed a few seconds too!
official price in nokia stores is about 13T+
btw, dont ya know dat i can also watch TV streaming on my 3250?! yup, actually i just did watch Marimar d other nyt LOL =) buti nlng SMART subscriber ako, flat rates galore in data and video streaming wohoo! only catch is dat der r lots of buffering wyl streaming on my 3250.. anyway, better than nothin at all, phew.
if your wondering if it supports 4gbhc actually it supports up to 8gbhc just bought one 8gbhc sandisk.and it works! and the phone does not slow down!!!
To partha-- Yeah partha , i ll accept ur views. And by the by , which place are you from ?
Google a bit with the application names and you will find them. There is only one software which is also free is called "carbide ui theme creator" This is a huge (around 135mb setup file) and very complicated piece of software by nokia for making themes and also makes your PC a bit slower.
No this phone does not support live TV viewing.
I accept your point that 5700 has a very capable built in browser. Infact there is no page till date which it has failed to open. However, its byte hungry and costs much more if the subscriber is not on unlimited plan. In fact I have seen operamini compressing the page 8 to 10 times thus saving bytes and money for those on a limited plan. And operamini also a bit faster. There are some limitations of operamini too. It is tremendously RAM hungry. Consumes 7 to 8 mb when it is open and I feel that operamini 4 is leakes a bit of RAM. That is everytime you use operamini4 and shut it down it fails to release the entire RAM it consumed thus permannently consuming a bit of RAM which is not recovered till you reboot. But above all the money matters. Regarding streaming of you tube video I have not experimented and I cannot guide you. But I think I have come across some applications somewhere for streaming you tube video on os 9.2 phones. One application launched today at ww w.bysamir.fr calles ytplayer for viewing you tube videos. I don't know about its streaming capabilities.
To partha-- Hi partha. In ur review below , i accept all ur points. But i have a certain doubt in one of ur statements. U have mentioned in one of ur points wherein u have said that installing operamini v 4.0 makes browsing better. Even i have used operamini v 4.0. And , i ll accept that its really nice. But , tell me one thing. How is the built in browser of 5700 ? Because , i suppose nokia OSS browser is one of the best browser's available in the market. So , when the handset itself has got such a beautiful browser pre-installed , whats the need to install operamini ? If u r using a nokia s40 handset , then i think its really worth installing operamini. Moreover , operamini does not support for viewing flash files ( of course flash player v 2.0 is installed in this handset , if not u cannot , thus making it as a handset dependent , not browser dependent ) So , on what basis does operamini beats the pre-installed browser functionality wise ? Also , tell me , are u able to browse youtube ( through operamini or through preinstalled nokia OSS browser ) on ur handset ? Are u able to view the videos as how u view on desktop ?
I guess I'm decided now...i think this is a better choice...but is this still out in the stores in Philippines? Coz last sunday I went to robinson's galleria to look for phones but I don't remember seeing this one among the displays at the nokia store...
wow. thanks for all those info abt this fone! btw, where do u get all those applications? and does anybody know where we could get an application that would let me create my own theme? thanks in advance! happy posting! =)
Hi I just recently bought the 5700. The phone has been great, but lately i've had problems with the phone just randomly shutting off. Does anyone know if upgrading the firmware would fix this? Or do I just have a faulty phone? Thanks
helllllo friends i am so happy that i got this phone today. its great.
Hi people are busy comparing this phone with other phone. What I have felt about this phone after six months usage:
(1) This is the only symbian os 9.2(latest) smartphone in the market with very good reception / voice quality and acceptable music qualities.
(2) How can one expect bass from these mini speaker in phones. This defies the laws of physics. Moreover more loudness will impose more noise with this mini speakers. This phone's sound through speakers (not ear phone) is just optimum with and is sufficient for a person listening in a quite/ normal environment. Through the supplied earphones this phone sounds flat but good in quality. Use some good earbuds (senn cx300) and the sound quality will further improve with the required thud in bass. SE phones are bass heavy (artificially enhanced). However, finally its upto one's taste as to how he would like to listen to music. Flat (as recorded in default) or enhanced bass. Use oggplaY (free)or LCG jukebox - sound will improve further.
(3) This phone is very fast - unlike smartphones which tend to be a bit slower.
(4) 4gb micro sdhc card is supported (as per information available on net)
(5) very cheap compared to other smartphones.
(6) Camera in normal daylight is good. The camera of nokia is not outstanding in any case. However, noone is going to use phone cam as a substitute of digicam
(7) video at 240x320 @ 15fps is also good for a phone.
(8) Very good browser - practically downloads everysite. Use operamini 4 - things will improve further.
(9) Screen resolution is very good 240x320 with 16m color.
(10) Install some 3rd party softwares such as skyequikey - outstanding software which will make user interface much easier and much much faster
LCG Jukebox/Oggplay - Improve sound
A taskmanager - to monitor RAM /Phone memory
Y Browser- File manager
Operamini 4 - for browsing
In other words this is a very good symbian smartphone with good RF quality (reception) and very good value for money.