Hi people are busy comparing this phone with other phone. What I have felt about this phone after six months usage:
(1) This is the only symbian os 9.2(latest) smartphone in the market with very good reception / voice quality and acceptable music qualities.
(2) How can one expect bass from these mini speaker in phones. This defies the laws of physics. Moreover more loudness will impose more noise with this mini speakers. This phone's sound through speakers (not ear phone) is just optimum with and is sufficient for a person listening in a quite/ normal environment. Through the supplied earphones this phone sounds flat but good in quality. Use some good earbuds (senn cx300) and the sound quality will further improve with the required thud in bass. SE phones are bass heavy (artificially enhanced). However, finally its upto one's taste as to how he would like to listen to music. Flat (as recorded in default) or enhanced bass. Use oggplaY (free)or LCG jukebox - sound will improve further.
(3) This phone is very fast - unlike smartphones which tend to be a bit slower.
(4) 4gb micro sdhc card is supported (as per information available on net)
(5) very cheap compared to other smartphones.
(6) Camera in normal daylight is good. The camera of nokia is not outstanding in any case. However, noone is going to use phone cam as a substitute of digicam
(7) video at 240x320 @ 15fps is also good for a phone.
(8) Very good browser - practically downloads everysite. Use operamini 4 - things will improve further.
(9) Screen resolution is very good 240x320 with 16m color.
(10) Install some 3rd party softwares such as skyequikey - outstanding software which will make user interface much easier and much much faster
LCG Jukebox/Oggplay - Improve sound
A taskmanager - to monitor RAM /Phone memory
Y Browser- File manager
Operamini 4 - for browsing
In other words this is a very good symbian smartphone with good RF quality (reception) and very good value for money.
the joy stick at first seems to be a little faulty, however just a few hours nd u will be surfing ur music library with the joystick as smooth as u want.......
but u have mentioned that u found 6600 's joystick a little faulty, so im not sure.........i previously had 6600 but it's joystick worked perfectly well!
To sam-- No dude. Sony w550i is way louder than 5700. Because , w550i not only has stereo speakers , but also comes under Sony walkman range of handsets , thus volume being very loud. So , if u are looking for very high volume through loudspeakers , then 5700 will not be the right one . But , if u r looking for a handset that delivers average volume through loudspeakers and plays high quality audio songs ( of course in stereo sound ) , then go for 5700 , and u ll enjoy ! Cheers !
hi guys,i wanted to know ka does any one know,is this fone louder than sony's w550i?
it does have dual stereo speakers but can any one confirm is this fone loud enuff?
To be honest im facinated about the phn it beautiful it carring your system aronnd i have all my music in the palm of my hand
Mwah. I like dis very much because of his sound quality.. Colours r so gud .. Very graceful mbl for peoples who likes sound bought dis mbl
hi guys..i had a 3230 earlier which was quite a stupid phone since it hung quite a lot...after reading de reviews of gsm arena and de posts of viperkid nd gka nd others in this forum, i bought dis last week...nd it s super cool!!! nd it s got de latest firmware 3.83.1..nd i love it...thanks every1 out dere!!!
Is the joystick of this phone faulty?
because i once had 6600 which is a joystick phone and it is faulty..
kindly respond because i am about to buy this phone.
urgent help needed
when i capture image using sequence mode in 5700 using memory card ir doesnot works and gives error (-14 somethignlike it) but when chage it to phone memory it doesn do that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppppppppppppppppppppp
The advantage of 5610 is that it has 3.2 megapixel camera whilst 5700 has a 2 megapixel camera.
I'd choose 5700 anytime because it has a lot more advantages than 5610. I don't have a 5700 yet but I'm gonna get one soon.
i hear this fone restart a lot,r u 5700 like that? pls i wanna buy this fone buat confused with the restart problem
To jeansile-- Go for 5700 , because it runs on symbian OS , thus u can install thousands of softwares , themes and games in .sis format. Also , its got stereo speakers , thus u can hear all ur audio songs in great stereo sound. Also , u can browse the internet same as how u browse on desktop pc. Whats more ? Even the price is less than 5610. Whereas in 5610 , all the above features are not there. So , i think 5700 is way good when compared to 5610. Cheers !
@ PBkB -
yes it is capable of listening to music through stereo blue tooth headphones check the pic of this phone in this page it shows a blue tooth headphone set i have one of those and the sound quality through it is amazing but its prize is higher than any other headphone set ... try to buy headphones with quality sounds ...
Is this phone already capable of listening
music (mp3 or radio) via stereo blutooth headset?
Micro SD & SDHC cards are technically a bit different. Details can be found at sandisk site. MicroSD cards are available upto 2 GB . Thereafter 4gb, 6gb & 8gb are all Micro SDHC cards. 5700 supports upto 4gb Micro SDHC cards. This is confirmed by Europe Nokia site as well as Sandisk site.
5700-- runs on symbian platform , ability to install thousands of softwares , themes and games , great stereo sound , high quality music playback , low volume , average bass ( but can be increased by changing the equaliser settings ) , upto 4gb expandable memory.....w580i-- does not run on symbian os , thus u cannot install any .sis files , grt sound , loud volume , perfect bass , easy to use interface , good camera , ability to change the song while u shake the handset , expandable upto 2gb....5310-- does not runs on symbian os , thus handset does not support .sis files , runs on s40 3rd edition , easy to use interface , plenty of user configurable options , bad camera , average music playback , low volume , low bass....SO , NOW U CAN DECIDE WHICH HANDSET TO BUY. Cheers !
i got this phone abt 3 weeks back ani i can tell u, it is awesome. If any1 has an idea abt buyin this phon, dont hesitate at all. I not only luv its features but also its unique design as well. Thumbz up 2 Nokia 5700
@ asalint_07 -
for themes go to www.mobile9.com ... choose the theme category called " s 60 3rd edition themes " u can find thousands of themes and same for applications and games choose " s 60 3rd edition supported games and applications " ...