Daniel, 21 Aug 2009is Nokia 5730 made in Finland ?The one I got was made in finland ya.
Just got the 5730 yesterday, had the N95 8GB before it.
Till now it's really a great phone:
- The keyboard is comfy and very easy to use, I got really used to it by typing blindly for like 10 minutes
- The screen wasn't a disappointment, i expected it would be annoying after my 2.8" screen but the change wasn't as bad as I expected, still good.
- Its GPS connects in a few seconds which is a real improvement compared to my N95
- It charges via USB, but haven't tried to leave it to see how much time it would take to charge fully...
- The camera isn't that good, but I don't feel I need the camera that much.
- Some things are weird in the design: when using the keyboard for browsing or so you still need to scroll with the controller beside the screen, which is kinda annoying.
- The positioning for the menu and C keys is weird that I press them accidentaly alot.
- It's sound isn't as loud as it should've been.
- Has some useful applications like the weather and the dictionary.
- The say and play feature is fun but I don't think it's that efficient.
- Had problems with installing the windows live application but that's probably just a personal error.
Anyway if you need a good phone with a keyboard without a very high price i really recommend this one, it's cheaper than the E75 with the very same specs, except if you need a real business phone. So get it if you're thinking about it :)
i just cant believe that this express music unit of Nokia has low sound output (even at maximum volume)compared to other express music units and even other non-express music units of Nokia w/c has much louder sound output. i just bought this new N5730 unit just this week and went to a NokiaCare center to have them check if the maximum volume is just like that, but to my dissapointment, they told me that thats just the way it is for that unit. well, all other features are very good it just that the sounds are not anywhere in my expectations for an express music phone of Nokia.
Hey Gsmarena what happens to u????? I think ur NON-STANDARD REVIEWER wrote this review b'cas u claims that 5530 battery 1000mAh lasts for 2.5days with moderate usage but in 5730 with d same 1000mAh battery BL-4u it lasts for only a day and another big issue is the traditional speaker quality test of both 5530 n 5730XM both gives the same nearby results but ur review notes that 5530XM is best and 5730XM is worst...
Gsmarena where is ur experienced reviewer????
We trust u lot buddy dont't made such mistakes........ My kind opinion
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2009lg is totally not gudFrnd this is not a bad handset at all. Maybe not a good S/W Firmware version for dis handset..
Another bad news is Gsmarena's first impression about dis XM, maybe they didn't like dis handset b'cas they expect too much from this company's first Qwerty MIDRANGE PRICE Xpress Music..
Sure words are the users get completely satisfied with dis XM b'cas no more handset in d world with all music keys, gaming keys and full Qwerty board...
does facebook and other websites work on this phone (msn messenger?)..?
missclarae`, 20 Aug 2009spk, Im sorry people had to call the purple 5310 XM a girl colour, but that's similar to s... morei dont care on what people say in a bad way. i just need some advice, because i like both phones!=D
I made a little review for 5730, http://www.itsagadget.com/2009/08/nokia-5730-xpressmusic.html
GSM arena, on your video specs, it says the video is 30fps but on nokia official website it only says 15fps. Please correct the video specs of 5730xm.
Im sorry people had to call the purple 5310 XM a girl colour, but that's similar to saying the N97 is a phone for boys coz of its size and functions. You buy a phone because you like it and never because of what other people think or say about it.
john, 19 Aug 2009hey guys which colour do you think looks the best for a boy?Hey man may be grey line in black is really cool for man b'cas it looks like chrome finnish on a fine black body.
Red n black is also good but not as good as grey n black.....
john, 19 Aug 2009hey guys which colour do you think looks the best for a boy?Red or Grey will do. :D
i need help, im thinking about buying a new phone. all my past phone were nokia,but im not sure if i should change or not because i havent used anyother brands. so which do you think is better, this phone or LG GW520? hope i get a reply asap,Thanks :]
john, 19 Aug 2009hey guys which colour do you think looks the best for a boy?The gray or red outline seems best to me/a guy. I have a purple 5310 XM and I was surprized to get comments that the color is for girls - I thought this was strange. I guess back in the '90s no one would say anything ;) :P