Zulfikar,how did u update ur 5800 to v20 coz i cant find it in nokia software updater.. Is it tru dat 5800 has problem with 3G..and my said that 5800 was failed product n will takin back from d market? I hpe thats wrong..coz 5800 rockz
Hayley , 11 Mar 2009Do they come in different colours??? Like for instance pink??incretiible
Hayley , 11 Mar 2009Do they come in different colours??? Like for instance pink??greeeat
a few min ago updated my firmware(20.0.012) nd my phone is workin great. cheers NOKIA
Hayley , 11 Mar 2009Do they come in different colours??? Like for instance pink??
No pink announced (for now...)
Saif, 11 Mar 2009Does it really have Document (word, pdf) viewer?Can any 1 help me how 2 send the ringtones from 5800 to other devices..... i mean nokia ringtones to other phones...plz help me
Camera: a blind man has better eyes than 5800XP's camera
OS: a lot of glitches and has very little to offer, poor home screen. several faulty functions. nokia still has to work on with their latest symbian version
battery: requires daily charging
overall: good but not enough
does the phone have the facility for animated screensavers and change message tone to music which has been downloaded
Its a good phone. Interface is confusing at times because some items require one tap while others need two. The touchscreen, overall, is very good. Its a lot easier to type on compared to the Iphone. Texting is effortless. I just wish we could play .avi files out of the box and not have to wait for Divx to release a player.
Best bang for your buck!
can i ask with this phone do u have to update its firmware/software as soon as you get it? and how it that done?
Gene_PInoy, 11 Mar 2009the handset is with me for 4 days now. remember, the device showed problems after only 2 weeks... moreThnx for your response Gene_PInoy...May i know what was the problem that you were facing previously. Also if its taking long time to open your gallery, then u can update it to the 20.x firmware which is recently released and it will help you opening gallery real quick and also gives you the option to use the secondary camera and much more
Please do reply
Juodaragis_LT, 11 Mar 2009To me its screen is not so well handle. it can be more sensitive and write sms is a little bit... morePLease let me know is this touchscreen is better than samsung omnia or Iphone 3g ? i mean i like to but that high quality touchscreen with wi-fi, wht u recommend?
Nice looking device with build quality that you'd expect from Nokia. iPhones won't feel threatened at all.
Touchscreen is a little sluggish to respond...
I am using the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music for last one month and enjoying it and I want to share the features
1. The design, touch screen functionality are excellent.
2. Telephony functions are very good.
3. Music Player and Real player are very good. Sound quality and sound through the Speakers are very nice.Hearing in Headphones also is enjoyable.
4. Browsing Internet using wifi is really good including watching youtube videos.
5. You can buy/install PDF Document viewer, QuickOffice from QuickOffice.com to view the PDF Files, word, excel, presentation files. Please do not install through the application as it have some problem. Again viewing documents in 3.2 inch screen is excellent.
6. Capturing Videos are very nice. The 3.2 MP camera is ok.
7. NOKIA Maps functionality are good.
8. 8MB Memory Card included (You can purchase 16MB card if you need more), TV Out cable, HeadSet, additional Stylus, Stand are included in the package.
9. Operating System is based on Symbian OS, there are lot of expandibility like additonal softwares can be purchased and installed.
It is sure a mini laptop and thanks to NOKIA for selling at low price tag compared to other brands of the same range.NOKIA always rightly understand the customer needs.
karan, 11 Mar 2009Thanks for your response Gene_Pinoy..please tell me how was the performance after they fixed y... morethe handset is with me for 4 days now. remember, the device showed problems after only 2 weeks of use so i am still hoping not to encounter any problem again.
the condition of the phone is fine. only the photo and video folder takes ages to open and i hope that it will be resolved by the next firmware update.