Can any1 tell me why then i pair nokia5800 with new BMW7 it disconects after 30 secons or after the call ?? Thank you
Raj, 26 Feb 2009can anyone tell me..the use of upgradation to v20....i mean ..its working fine with v11...is t... moreyes, it is necessary to upgrade to v20...your unit will work faster and more efficiently and the secondary (front) camera can be used to take picture and shoot video after the update...
can anyone tell me..the use of upgradation to v20....i mean ..its working fine with v11...is there a major diffrence for good after upgradation.....
I think that the phone is not very bad. But is the buggest touch screen phone ever ;)
Xuchy, 26 Feb 2009The serie 60 v3 apps dont need any form of reprogramming to work on the 5800xm.though not all ... moreCool thanks man. I'm expecting to get this phone by next week. Which S60 V3 apps do work for this phone? And where can i get them from? Any GPS apps compatible with it at the moment?
i have this phone and only gripe is the camera isnt as good at night as my 'old' n73.
it doesnt come with doc viewer but you can get it from symbian website easily enough (you download it to the nokia suite on your pc or download it from option on the phone itself)
best phone ive had, shame the n97 not out yet as wouldve had that ha!
angus, 25 Feb 2009will MXIT work??
mxit is a messaging system used lots here in south africa. its java i think.... moreHi
I've ordered this phone through mtn. expecting to get it by next week. I've emailed the guys at MXIT regarding its compatibility. They said that i should try downloading the version made for the N95 and if i have any problems with it i should let them know and they'll try to sort it out...
Anonymous, 25 Feb 2009Do apps such as mig33 work on this phone? and with regard to the s60 v3 apps...Don't they need... moreThe serie 60 v3 apps dont need any form of reprogramming to work on the 5800xm.though not all of the v3 are compatible wit the 5800xm.but any compatible one would work perfectly..mig33 is a java app so it should do just fine..hola if u need me..-sent from my nokia 5800xm
Thomas, 26 Feb 2009I just got the 5800xm.. Can U send me the link whr I can download applications, like Google ma... moreHi Thomas.go to www.ipmart-forum.com.there are lots of serie 60 v5 apps.you can try the v3 apps too.though some of them are unsigned so u might need to sign them before use.other sites are www.dotsis.com,www.dreamstrikes.com..have fun..hola if u need me.
eric, 26 Feb 2009how is the camera quality??The camera?? Way down terrible...
sebastian, 26 Feb 2009how do you know the camera is crap?do you even have the phone? i myself have this phone for ab... morei totally agree with you sebastian...had this phone for two months and a half and i haven't experienced those problems being mentioned here...i love this phone and i don't regret buying it...my first touch screen phone and i couldn't settle for any other phone models...this is the greatest!
nicolas, 25 Feb 2009what are the advantages and disadvantages of the phone?Please reply truly,...My roomate has iPhone, I had HTC Diamond, and I recently bought 5800. My conclusion is that it's definitely a smart-phone worth buying. Here's why...
1. Honestly, all the camera included in smart phones are bad. Yet, it does the job alright. If you are looking for professional quality, get a DSLR please. If you want to point and shoot and save a scene, it does the job fine. Sometimes at low light condition the screen gets fussy. Same problem with HTC & iPhone
2. Touch-screen is sensitive but not ultra-sensitive (like HTC), which may cause flickering. Most function is done by 2-tap so it reduces the chance of accident selection (which happens a lot in HTC). Haven't used iPhone for long, can't say for sure.
3. Phone/Contact list is easy to use. Phone is one-touch by screen or one-touch by the Green/Red button. Contact finding/scrolling better than HTC & iPhone (5800 = scroll bar vs. HTC/iPhone = flip "screen")
4. Battery life is about 20% longer than iPhone, and the phone does not get so hot (problem for iPhone and HTC).
5. Plug & Play - This I consider the most valuable function. I can browse NOKIA 5800 as a disk drive on my computer, where as HTC and iPhone would require special software to do the file transfer. I can transfer a youtube flash video or mp3/wma to a folder and I can find it easily.
6. GPS function - good reception even in door (near window), doesn't require subscription, only 1 time software installation.
Disadvantage... so far...
- File transfer is interrupted when a call comes in, so it would be a good idea to turn the phone to disconnect, so file transfer would keep on going. However, in HTC, both can happen simutaneously.
- Installing software is a pain, unless it's done by downloading software directly using the phone from internet.
Xuchy, 25 Feb 2009Hi everyone,.got alot of goodnews for all 5800xm users..almost all serie 60 v3 applications wo... moreI just got the 5800xm.. Can U send me the link whr I can download applications, like Google maps, Anti Virus, etc..