THE KING, 28 Jan 2009Please note the HTC Touch Pro has 10 Different input methods and way more than yr Nokia 5800. ... morei dint know that dude. i like the design of htc touch pro (looks s*xy in black). and i just hate when people bash other brands with wrong facts.
killersmith, 28 Jan 2009i dont find you worth arguing, but i would like to tell you why your comments are a piece of c... more1. Well he asked the difference between a 5800 and an N97. Which the N97 is a smartphone so whats wrong with me saying the 5800 isn't a smartphone, yet has nearly the same features as aq smartphone does , he's obviously intrested in smartphones because he's asking about them.
2. The phone is made of cheap plastic on purpose yes you are correct, totally understand they have to cut costs in places... But it is another thing to make the phone feel cheap. The build is loose around the edges AKA N96. Now this is the high-end Nokia handset. Feels very cheap and is a very bad build (considering the price aswell), Hence alot of returns due to cracked screens etc, which im sure you'll find with the 5800. Cheap plastics do have side-affects. And personally I want a sturdy, solid, heavy phone. The guy was tossing up between the N97 and 5800 so I told him the difference. Obviously the N97, being the N-series is far superior.
3. It's not a proper stylus. It hangs off the edge like a tag on newly bought sunglasses (how irritating) and it's a plectrum!!!!!! plus you only get it with the 'comes with music package'. The screen IS too small for a full touch screen phone. People don't always use stylus'. For text input the phone is far too small for my fingers. and hard to navigate even with a stylus. You try my HD and you'll see what I mean. I didn't want this to turn into a battle between the 5800 and the HD, because to be frank, they're really not in the same league. For browsing the internet, in order to get a website displayed on the screen at an apt resolution the sceen needs to be at least 3.5''. Especially with finger navigation. And I will keep reffering to finger input as it is designed for that aswell, thats why they don't always offer a stylus, or a plectrum.
4. Your argument is that it's not trying to match the class of the iphone?!ha... So you just answered your own question. It doesn't match up to it! and this is coming from an iphone hater. (well i do respect it) the 5800 doesn't have 10x features. Ever heard of multi-touch? APPSTORE?!!! Bigger screen? Safari?? plus it can be jailbroken. Thus having almost every other feature that the 5800 has anyway. HSDPA speed on 5800 = 3.6mps. Iphone and HD = 7.2! plus it's 3.5G.
5. Text input is difficult because of the small screen you tit. I have around 10 different text inputs. So you're phone has more txt input methods than 'ANY PHONE IN THE WORLD', as you put it. This prooves to me that you know nothing and pull comments out of your arse.
I reckon you don't really have much experience with phones. I've been working (yes my occupation) with phones for around 7 years. And currently work for a phone retailer now. That means I have access to all of these phones and play and scrutinize them regulary. You've probably never picked up a HD, (probably an iphone as everyone has them). Yet you sit there and say it's crap. I never really cained the 5800, someone asked the difference between the two phones and i offered my opinion.
Now i'm not gonna go into the features of my phone vs. yours because my spec list goes on and on.
Although I am a fan of symbian and would like HTC to release a symbian product. Plus I would like a flash on my phone but I don't have it. But thats it! there will always be something you don't have on your phone which you want.
I've bought this phn from Singapore 2 weeks back..everything is fine..the sound is very good..touch is ok..but every now & then when I try to write any text it hangs & I have to remove the battery & restart the phn..I don't have any warranty coz I m living in Bangladesh now..don't know what to do..
features are good but that cheap plastc case realy blows it. Not to mention the stylus. i'm wondering if Nokia can make a good phone from features to cases this days
pls reply if there is any1 facing this problem asap thank you very much !
i got this phone 3 hours ago, when i take pictures and browse the internet, my phone hangs... and shuts down ! i hate this,, why this problem occur? any help? im bringing it back to the shop tomorrow to check on it
My retailer replaced thr memory card saying that creates the key board jamming error. Worked fine with the new memory card for few mins. Then the problem raised again (Even w/o the emmory card). The retailer kept the phone for further investigation. Will get a feedback tomorrow.
The Blue Spirit, 28 Jan 2009Dude always try to buy Finland made nokias. And make sure to play with the phone before buying... moreNot from Nokia agents in the county, the agent does not supply this model yet. I bought from another shop in Colombo, Sri Lanka, but with warranty.
is the nokia 5800 similar in china and koria or other countrie.
and cna the specifications vary?
killersmith, 28 Jan 2009i dont find you worth arguing, but i would like to tell you why your comments are a piece of c... morePlease note the HTC Touch Pro has 10 Different input methods and way more than yr Nokia 5800.
Apart from that the Nokia is very good buy !
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970HI!! I bought mine for 19990 from Nokia Store in SM cebu using my credit card. They sell it 18k fro cash. I think they have the same price anywhere in the philippines. Try Audionet as they have lower price about 17k cash.
How should I use Quick word(MS word files), QuickExcel etc in this phone?? those are not installed. plz send anyone a message to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org
ITS SO IMPORTANT!!!!
i also got the same problem with tristan. after connected to my wireless modem, i started to browse internet. and then it shows no gateway reply. are there any settings have to be set before using the WLAN
i bought my phone in malaysia, was made in korea and further process in china. i've got some problem with the screen. the hue of the whole screen changes sometimes, sometimes it hangs , sometimes whole screen blackout for few second when im playing games, and restarted once. other function still ok. picture is quite clear when bright ONLY. nice sound and the speaker is sooo cute. xD
***im just giving some opinion with my bad english
Tucks, 28 Jan 2009Hahahahaha. im talking crap am I! Same features???!!! WTF!!
Not even gonna argue with you ,... morei dont find you worth arguing, but i would like to tell you why your comments are a piece of crap:
1. this fone is not a smartfone, so when you said "wait for n97 which is a proper smart fone" you had no point.
2. when you said 5800 is made with cheap plastic, you actually praised it coz this is what makes the fone an affordable music fone with tons of features. Btw its a high Quality plastic.
3. you say "the screen is small with no stylus". no need to say any thing but for your knowledge, it has a 3.2inch screen with two stylus, one in the box.
4. you said this fone does not bring the class of iphone. it wasnt supposed to in the first place. secondly it has 10 times more features than iphone. its just that iphone has a great touchscreen response. thats it.
5. you say txt input is difficult. this fone has the more text input methods than any fone in the world. four methods. plus we can use a stylus for handwriting which is not psbl in iphone.
do you need more explaination???
BTW iphone and 5800 rock. u can defend for ur hd if u want.