Y is this phone launched with such a low price? As its features are very good...r there many problems with the phone? like I heard it hangs a lot...any other such problems?
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970It have been reported Fring I works with it, I have try the version I used to have in my N80, it installs and opens but keeps trying to log all time, and I think is wrong version i have install, so we must find the real Fring version!
siva.a, 16 Jan 2009guy's , i went to download the software for the latest Version 11 as u say... sorry its not th... moreu only can copy sim contact to phone memory, sim contact cannot use as default phone book in some nokia phone. i have the same problem on my nokia N95. for me no problem at all.
Bought this Blue Beauty from Nokia Dealer for Rs.18900 two days before....it seems gud...looks bit bulky in my hands...but fits perfectly in my jeans :)
input options such as plectrum, stylus and handwriting recognition seems good but finger touch is enough for most of the inputs except some cases....
Music is OK when compared to my previous phone Nokia 5610XM. Camera below average in darkness and OK in sunlight.
Battery seems better compared to 5610. but within 2 days i cant say that...will wait and see...
It would be better if they virtualize the MENU button (Middle white button)
OS version is- 11.0.008
Guys, could any one provide answers for the below questions:
1. any latest version is available?
2. How do i Install Indian languages?
3. Any new functionalities in S60-V5 OS? like blocking anonymous calls, sms...and anything new
4. Shortcut bar in the homescreen accomodates only 4 Icons. can we customize it to more than 4? or atleast 4 icons visible and some left and right arrows to scroll more apps...
5. Any way to move/resize the call and contacts button (2 square ugly buttons in the bottom of the screen :P ?
Ranjith Coapullai, 16 Jan 2009Hi Cliff_hanger. Please let me know if FRING does work on ur 5800.. i want it on mine too...w... moreit doesnt work, everytime i try to log in it just keep on searching for new software update. Btw im typing this post in my 5800. The screen is great to work with. I havent use my laptop since yesterday because of this phone. Really amazing phone we have here
desidude, 16 Jan 2009mine came with 11.0.008 version. But i want to tell all of you the good news...The new firmwar... moreguy's , i went to download the software for the latest Version 11 as u say... sorry its not there..
i have the same problem whereby the call volume flactuate.. while answering or calling the voice call.. i assume it's due to the auto lock sensor for the touchscreen
2nd i could not view my sim contacts at all, only my phone contacts.. the option for phone n sim contact view is enable...
can anybody help here
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Hi Cliff_hanger.
Please let me know if FRING does work on ur 5800.. i want it on mine too...was not sure if it did support FRING
have anyone of you seeing a dead pixel on your screen. I saw one in mine, i thought that its just a dust under the screen. So far so good, its been a good experience having this phone since yestrday, great battery life user friendly. Does the Fring work in your unit?
how the very phone shown in the review can be made in hungary when its said that all the phones are made in china can any one explain look at the pic
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970@supriya
its not the problem where you buy the phone ( i mean country ) like china, india , finland or hungary. The version used in all the phones are same .may be you can get the updates directly from the Nokia site.
Being a new phone ,there are some issues but in the new version 11.0.008 ,almost all were sorted out. Just check the version of your model before proceeding further.
And one more thing....Nokia manufacture their phones in these countries because of lot of reasons. One main reason is being the availability of cheaper labour.and materials.
It is nothing to do with your made and version.
Hope it clears your doubt.
Enjoy and goodluck.
I just buy.. not dare to open myself..
got anotehr way to solve tht calling volume??
upgrade software can?
desidude, 16 Jan 2009@Ranjith
ok you got it for 19100/-.very nice. However i got it for 20500/- with Nokia BH 10... moreOh dude,
I am so sure this SMS issue is kinda wrong somewhere...
I have to sort the messages every single time i go into the inbox. even if i dont, i find the messages in descending order. then if i sort it again. it goes back to ascending order( only till i read an SMS or so). After reading an SMS also when i see the msgs in the inbox, they are either scattered or in descending order.
Hellow pplz...all da XM lovers...wanna hear da 5800 theme music? wana shake ur a** wid da beat of dis awesum groovy trak? jst download it n let da muzik play!
...you can touch me...play me...share me...
you will love dis sexy chik more n more after hearing dis song.
Anonymous, 16 Jan 2009how can i check the versionGo to
settings > phone > phone mgmt > Device updates >
you will see your phone details like software version, sw ver date, custom ver, language set, model, Type, and latest update.
Hope it helps.
Also the video tutorial in youtube posted for fixing the earpiece low and high volume problem...
Cheers and Enjoy
Good day and Good luck.
Great News for all guys who are having earpiece, volume problem...low and High ...
Here it comes the solution with screenshot...just see by yourself.
Important: Switch off your phone and remove the battery..
1. Opened the phone as shown in the picture, need to start from the bottom as mentioned (try above he camera button) and one you get a grip of the top cover continue with your bare hands. (keep moving your hands as the cover opens so as to avoid the cover from bending)
2. Once the cover is removed place it carefully (as shown in the picture, there is a wire on the top so be really careful)
3. Then remove the earpiece with a tweezer (easily comes out as it is similar to a clip-on). On the back of the earpiece there are two contacts (REASON FOR THE PROBLEM) which which is already bent a little. Need to bend it a more so that it stands out from the middle(make sure you don't break it).
4. Thats about it...put the earpiece back in the slot (if you are confused which is the right side up then in the back of the earpiece there are some English alphabets)
5. Put the top cover back..and the earpiece problem is solved...
Note: i dont have any problem in my phone.The above was written and collected and was not tested by me.
Anybody used E90 & replesh it with 5800.....? Write about your experience. I have E90. Told me that i riplec with 5800 ?