Anonymous, 22 Dec 2008anyone have an idea how much this phone would cost here in the philippines?!? 23k that's the price in the philippines...
A very good news for all the 5800 xpress lovers. There is a great development happening in the field of software developments for 5800. Here is the link where you can buy it officialy...
anyone have an idea how much this phone would cost here in the philippines?!?
5800 XM Tips and Tricks
1) To bring out the Shortcuts on your Screen/Desktop-> Settings/Personal/Home Screen/Home Screen Theme and select Shortcut bar, you can then select which shortcut to display if goto "Shortcuts". This will also bring out the "Track" playing being displayed when you open the Music Player.
2) Tap the Clock to bring out the Clock menu and make your alarm, alarm repeat is now built-in.
3) Tap the "General" or Date (the set Profile besides the clock) and the Profile selection menu pops out, almost similar to pressing the "Power" button in all S60, but here the Remove memory is not shown, but "Calendar" shortcut is included and the other profiles as well.
4) If you are on the Numeric Keypad, pressing the [#] key alternately will toggle the General and Silent Profiles, same as before, which means long press on zero  will bring out bookmarks for the Web.
5) Tapping on the displayed To do or Calendar entry will bring you immediately to that particular item.
6) Tapping the Active Icon on the Top Left (near the battery indicator) will give you shortcuts for any of the active icons.
7) Long press on the Green Call Button will still activate the Voice Command Prompt
8) Long press on the center button is similar to the Long press on the "Menu" key (the yin-yang key on most S60) which will bring out the menu for all the active applications.
9) Go to Applications/File Manager and setup "Backup" for automated backup schedule of your phone data.
10) Get the Red one and partner it with the Red Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Stereo Headset for an awesome sonic experience!
Anonymous, 21 Dec 2008 Hi i am a promoter for this phone at one of the shopping malls in dubai and i had my training... moreTell me the imei number in here, and I'll tell you where is made the phone, is it from china or finland!
Pres the numbers shown here *#06# in your phone screen, then the imei number pops up!
Only for nokia 5800 users please.
user 5800, 21 Dec 2008there is no secondary camera????? user 5800, there is secondary camera in the front for 3G. But, you will not be able to take pics using it.
Anonymous, 21 Dec 2008Sreehari. My 5800 is working great, indoors and outdoors. No issues with proximity sensor. Do ... moreThank you so much..... I will remove the screen protection foil and check it.
This phone is not yet available in the US market, however, I've seen two cellphone store so far that has this model. The J&R store in NYC has this one on display. I've looked through its menu. I really like this phone. I want one, just that it's a bit pricey. Another store was in NJ. I was actually browsing through it yesterday.
Anonymous, 21 Dec 2008Made by Mokia=Made in China. Some quality issues may arise! Sandro Nesta.yeah ive seen some fake nokia phone made really from china, which is really looks the same with the original nokia. funny thing if you looked on to the back of the phone its says made in NOKIA... wheres that country located anyways.. ehe and so far for thos fake phone have the same feature with the original one and same defect... lol.. exept when i opened one of the phones.. it uses diff parts, i use the repair phone thats why,,
Is this phone availabe in U.s? The nokia's official website is still saying coming soon so where are these website getting the phone from?
Akhil, 20 Dec 2008hey varun..
which nokia showroom did u try??...i wanna check it out too!Hey Akhil,
That Nokia showroom is in south ex - 1 market, New delhi
Made by Mokia=Made in China. Some quality issues may arise!
No Made in Finland Period! When I said Made by Mokia, I used that term explicitly to signify the quality of the phone! I found some Made in Hungary at one of the stores. Tested it. The menu is cool, responsive, not that responsive, maybe because of my fingers. Using a stylus: taking it out, putting it back-can be painful. The materials used do look a little bit cheap! No offence please, but it is nowhere near Nokia Black N95 8GB. Speakers are good! Overall, a cool phone, first touch-phone from Nokia! The price is high, though-400 USD. My suggestion-go ahead and buy it. Will not regret it!
someone, 21 Dec 2008yup dear i have the red one (actually it is nor red matt mariin)with sharaf dg u can find blue... moreok dude, wat is that sharaf dg? ok wher is ur location i wil call when i am about to buy,contact info pls, i like black in everything,cos i have black hp laptop, black psp,black sony ericcsion i am crazy in black, then i went to jumbo, there this phone is not availabe only prize shown there, i think this phone is in demand in uae
yup dear i have the red one (actually it is nor red matt mariin)with sharaf dg u can find blue which is also looking kool and axion u can find black.and if you want to try it for a while u can give me a call so i can show u....