Well, I have to say, this is a decent phone when this phone came out. However I have to point out some issues.
1. if you ever want to listen to music with this phone with your earphones plugged in, and you somehow accidently yanked out the earphones, the music WILL play outloud and does not pause the music when the earphones are out. (NOTE: there is a software out there that can prevent this.)
2. I don't know about everyone, but i'm beginning to find the recorder on this phone not really reliable. sure it can record, but it doesn't record all the way properlly for me anyways.
3. When you chuck music into this phone, You need to create a playlist. well almost every new phone nowadays require you to create a playlist. Basically, it's not as simple as copy music folder and paste into phone music directory. Doesn't work that way. you need the nokia music software to create a playlist.
Apart from all that, all other features, video, camera, sms, voice-calls, GPS. they work wonderfully.
Can't we port iphone games to 5800 and play??? It'll be so awsome! Someone please reply :)
confusion, 05 Jul 2010i have 14k and i plan to buy a mobile within this price...,
but am confusing betweeen nokia... moreGO with Nokia 5800Xpress Music.. you know the same OS s60 5th edition is availble on samsung omnia hd 2 and sony vivaz available at over Rs 22.000. This phone really.. great phone.. it easily competition against any phone. My friend was using nokia n82.. its accelerometer is very bad.
Nokia 5800 is the best mate.
nokia lover, 05 Jul 2010hello friends!!! can we watch videos in full screen????? reply me my friends..., than... moreYou can watch video's in full screen and even on a TV thacks to the TV -out capability
luckyto, 05 Jul 2010still nothing happen..
I CANT UPGRADE to ver.50 using Nokia Software updater.Had the same problem before and was frustrating. I found out that by updating the latest version of my software updater it will work. And Voila, it did work. Try
to update your application updater in your PC first to the latest version available online. It worked on mine. Don't see any reason why it will not work with yours.
Had this smartphone for almost a year now and is going well with v50..best mobile I have ever had, so many features for less bucks. You cannot beat that.
luckyto, 05 Jul 2010still nothing happen..
I CANT UPGRADE to ver.50 using Nokia Software updater.hi luckyto,..
you must change code product or go to nokia center...v50 available in there...
noer00, 03 Jul 2010Hi dude...
Try to update the firmware ver 50...or do ard reset...and see what happen..
still nothing happen..
I CANT UPGRADE to ver.50 using Nokia Software updater.
hi friends...........5800 is the best phone from every expect...i will suggest you all to buy it because its cheap with all functions.........i luv this & i m gonna buy 5800 XpressMusic.......thanks & have a lovely days of ur life......best wishes 2 u all
it is the blockbuster selling fone of nokia.......
after nokia 6600...
i have 14k and i plan to buy a mobile within this price...,
but am confusing betweeen nokia 5800xm and nokia n82 both mobile nearly same price so friends please give some good suggetions plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....,
can we watch videos in full screen?????
reply me my friends...,
thank you all here.
wow i have seen all that damage test from http://symbianv5.com/nokia-5800-damage-test/
it gives great informations about this great mobile really thank you for sharing that here my friends..,
here all are talking very decently, great fone,great peoples keep rocking my friends...,
all the best...,
nokia, 03 Jul 2010dont know how people are still buying this 2 years old bulky phone. the design is too old ...
... moreHye Nokia,
show me a nokia phone or any other phone for a matter of fact, which has everything wat 5800 has within the same price budget?
all i can say is... BEST OF LUCK!
This phone is the best. n for those of u who want to view office n pdf files, download quickoffice and adobe pdf for mobile. u can download it fr www.symbiantalk.net
Hope tis helps:-)
ppl,plz tel me,m nt been able to resume da download whn it is pausd..it goes to 0% n stops whn i try to resume it..i hav opera also..bt same prob is there..plz help.!
just for your info guys
nokia lover, 04 Jul 2010oh sorry no tv out put in 5230...,
friends few peoples says after a period touchscreen wi... moreChard Says:
October 22nd, 2009 at 7:30 am
People here did not pay attention to the test and the tester’s comments after the video, some even said (ZEBEDEE) that the phone was dead after each test, what a general statement except for DUST test.
1) Water test: it stopped working but did not totally die altogether, they dried it up then it works fine.
2) Beer dunk test: same as #1, dry it up and it works fine
3) Dust test: all working, just needed to clean ports and holes.
4) Washing Machine Test: All working fine.
5) Drop Test: All working fine.
6) Freezer test: the phone seemingly do not respond to taps on screen, tester explained that the LCD – Liquid Crystal Display froze (hello “Liquid”, duh), so it won’t respond. It was not a dead phone after that, the tester just warmed it up, then it works fine.
7) Stepping On test – All working fine.
9) Vehicle Run Over test: The LCD broke, but the whole frame was not even deformed (very impressive for a plastic body phone, even for some metallic phones that shatter/bend/deform to this kind of stress). All other functions was working, it only needed an LCD replacement.
And FYI, the phone scored 22/30 points to the testers that did this test.
Wow this phone is amazing, can watch videos @ 30fps with crystal clear quality!!!!
Love my 5800!!!!!!!!!! =))))))))))))))))))