NEO, 20 Apr 2010Hye, Well, i'm not quite sure bout that, but u can download quickoffice first, and check wh... moreneo can i knw wat is quick office?at i upgrade can i downgrade?as smtim new firmware is nt tat gud compared to d old1
Can some one please tell me the settings for connecting to Wifi. I need the settings for the Phone ip, Subnet, DNS etc....Please someone explain the procedure to connect to a Wifi. I have internet on my Laptop and will be setting up an unsecured Wifi connection and will be trying to connect to it. Is this possible?
Goodnews to all Nokia 5800 users, the most popular smartphone in the world, Nokia just released its latest software for this device, the v50.0.005. You can update either through NSU or FOTA (Firmware Over The Air). If you know others who are using this phone just inform them that new software is now available.
visit my blogsite to know how to update http://jobzky.blogspot.com
Note: Not all change logs are available to all product code. But I noticed change logs which I like most. Web Browser is now full screen. Browsing the web is now faster. I can watch videos from my fave site without experiencing "Buffering".
The following are Change Logs for this latest software.
* Cool new Music Player with mini albumart songs and albums to view in sections now like Nokia N97 Music Player.
* Menu now has kinetic scrolling. Same was missing in earlier firmware.
* Quick office integrated.
* Hide option in music player in place of exit.
* MusicPlayer refreshing is very fast.
* One touch dialling and call settings options in dialler.
* Camera Quality is improved
* There is an option to uninstall quick office from mobile too.
* New Ovi Sync 2.0 application added.
* Option to enable history list in web browser
* Option to send webpage via message blutooth in web browser.
* Get Rihanna link in Internet to launch Rihanna service
* Browser 7.2
* Lifecasting (with Maps 3.0T SR3.0)
* Flash Video Phase-3-Flashlite 3.1.7.x
* Gimlet Touch 2.2
* Kinetic scrolling in Appshell (Menu grid)
* Hurriganes Music Player
* Enable Side lock Key functionality during Swipe UI (Calendar/Clock)
* Windows 7 Device Stage Support
* OVI store 1.5.6
* Quick Office v4.2
* OVI Music
* Cherry v2.1
* OVI contacts 1.50.8
* Workaround for Niagara (SMD) display module for DFS52.50 based products.
Is there any solution why I cannot upgrade to the latest firmware?? Mine is v31 still. Tried the application update features and *#0000# method but no updates from Nokia. Is Nokia Philippines way behind
or is it just me.???..Anyone who knows, Please send me your suggestions. Thanks.
v50 is v gud. But no way2save pages and surf them offline as in s60v3 . Web browser is heavy. No quick office.
What's the Billy with Quick Office??? Is it for ALL or SOME product codes????
I use keylock button most of teh time...when i press the keylock button and unlock it.. the screen will bcom corrupted !! i don knw why !! and after locking and unlocking again the screen wil bcome normal.. it hapns manyh times... wats th problme ???
New firmware update with changelog: http://symbianworld.org/4064-nokia-5800-firmware-update-v50-0-005/
Nokia has recently released a new version known as V50. However, this version is not available in my country yet. I live in Cambodia. Anyway, can you tell me when it is available in Cambodia?
Just updated to v50 in Croatia. I did the update through FOTA (some 11-12 MB), since NSU (OVI Suite) did not find the update. My impression is that the phone is more responsive now, going through menus appears quicker than with v40. It has kinetic scrolling in the menu also, which is great, now the UI is more consistent.
i have updated my 5800 to v50 but there is no quick office in it small changes r there.....where can i find quickoffice friends.
updated my phone to v.50...not a huge difference..music player changed...k.s in the main menu...more stable than previous version...
To be very honest camera quality is not good.....else everythng is gud....go ahead & purchase..music quality is good....