This is an ok phone. but loaded with good features... i am simply bored with symbian so i might delve into android this year. but this would be my second choice. and people dont get caught up in the megapixels myth. .. it doesnt improve the quality of the pics it jus allows them to print larger. i doubt most of you dont even print your pics... 3.2 mp is more than enough.
it's 2 months since i bought. overall opinion and experience is still "Great!".
but the annoying problem is "hangs a lot!", some times even without any apps open, just with the telephone pad it freezes. No other option than opening back panel & pulling out battery & push memory card out & restart, then mush mem card in. so, tedious job!. Makes evern more tedious since i have my phone in a hard shell flip type cover. so, pulling the phone out of cover itself is tedious. so, after one freeze it takes 10mins to bring it up again. its very weird problem eh??? what say?
veto, 01 Mar 2010i have my nokia express 5800 and while i try to download any application ( entertainment appli... moreCa't say for sure but you may try setting the date back to year 2006, 2007/2008 or something like that. It worked on previous phones, I have not tried it on this phone
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2010a major flaw that the review wont mention is that, like many nokia phones, dust gets behind th... moreThis is very very untrue with this phone, Nokia 5800 xm. Go and get the original Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
fighter, 02 Mar 2010phone not reading sim card can someone plz help..this is urgent and thanx in advance....I had this problem before. Suggested Possible options are as follows:
1) Upgrade your phone by dialling *#0000# and go to option and click Check for update, etc. Charges by your Service Provider apply.
2) Do a hard Reset to your Phone by dialling *#7370# OR Press the three(3) keys on your phone at the same time. NOTE: Before you embark on this process you got to BACKUP all your memories with the use of your data cable & PC Suite installed in your Computer in order not to lost all your downloaded files and important documents.
3) Though, this is less important but is very necessary to your phone. Try to get ANTIVIRUS for scanning your Nokia 5800 XM for virus as at when due.
4) In absence of item No. 3 above, try to scan your phone with a data cable connected to PC or Laptop with Antivirus installed in the Computer at a define time.
Thanks. I hope with these, your phone problem to insert SIM every time would be a thing of the past.
abc, 02 Mar 2010I have Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic with Rogers service for about 5 months. Recently, there is one ... morei know.. the problem is in your product code not compatible with newest firmware.. so u have to change it first..
abc, 02 Mar 2010I have Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic with Rogers service for about 5 months. Recently, there is one ... moreyou try to reset your phone with *#7370#...
your phone was virused i think =)
if it still din't work on your phone you should go and ask the nokia service center to help you format your phone...
marius, 03 Mar 2010how to convert videos to suport the screen size??? please help!Hi marius,
well, u can use smart movie video converter, or even any converter. any converter is free and the screen size that u need to encode is to 640x352 or 360x320.
Hope this helps:-)
fighter, 02 Mar 2010phone not reading sim card can someone plz help..this is urgent and thanx in advance....Hi fighter,
jus take out ur sim using a stylus and then inserting it back, make sure u fully insert it, untill the line. make sure u wipe ur sim card before putting back.
Hope this helps:-)
abc, 02 Mar 2010I have Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic with Rogers service for about 5 months. Recently, there is one ... moreHi abc,
Well, u can always go to www.nokiausa.com and search for the phone version and download the software updater. u need to download it on up pc and then use the cable to connect to ur phone. it takes about 5-10 mins to upgrade the firmware, and the software updater will download specific firmware for ur phone. its simple.
hope this helps:-)
vishnu, 02 Mar 2010my phones display is dim when compared to other 5800's . And the phone became overheated playi... moreYeo vishnu,
well, u can go to menu, settings, phone, display and adjust ur display settings from there. it should increase ur brightness.
hope this helps, :-)
kkkk4, 02 Mar 2010my xm5800 eats battery very much,even just keeping in bet,after a night the battery is zero.i ... moreYeo kkkk4, wel, u might want to try this few tweaks,:
1. change ur network to gsm, n not dual, to reduce battery consumption, dual mode is for 3g, n i guess that we use it seldom.
2. the brightness level, make it d least, and the lock period should be reduced.
3. upgrade to v40, it has improvements on its firmwares n reduces the consumption of battery.
4. make sure ur settings (ie wifi, blutooth) is not on on automatic scanning or wat.
5. only on ur bluetooth wheneva needed.
hope this few tips would increase ur battery life.
phone not reading sim card can someone plz help..this is urgent and thanx in advance....