i updated my 5800 to v40 today and i managed to see the following changes in v40:
1. Improved homescreen(20 contacts bar+shortcuts bar+improved music widget)
2. Kinetic Scrolling in lists, except in Main menu and application menu(where grids r concerned), browser. i previously thought that i could get kinetic scrolling there if i change menu view to list, but it cant give u kinetic scrolling.
3. improved performance speed
4. fast ui rotation
5. improved text input(auto change to qwerty-alphanumeric keypad, using screen rotation)
6. improved touchscreen sensivity.. previously i was using v30, and i noticed far improvement in sensivity..
7. preinstalled latest ovi maps with free voice guided navigation licence..
8. somehow improved battery performance.. (although others said that battery life is decreased..)
9. Ovi store preinstalled...
10. its not hackable..
Lastly, i suggest all guys who wanna get this phone, DONT GO FOR THIS PHONE.. THIS PHONE WILL IRRITATE YOU WITHIN 2-3 DAYS AFTER BUYING. I SUGGEST U TO GO FOR SAMSUNG TOUCHSCREENS. GO FOR SAMSUNG S5560.. wifi+5mp cam....
Comments are welcome..
Anonymous, 30 Jan 2010go to OVI store.. vl get a good anti-virus for 5800 :)thatz only trial version...its free for seven days only..
Nokia 5800 V40.0.005 "ALONE" is the not only iphone killer But apple killer...Nokia Rules over apple in every aspecsts...
I cant refresh my music library
can anybody help me plz it is urgent
Thanks in advance
good n lowest unbeatable price only in hotspot. i took it in mount road showroom 9600058199.its really good.
this phone is really rock sound better than other phones with big touch screen and auto rotation.
yuri, 30 Jan 2010this phone is sucks...hang at least one time in 2 days...touch is not sensitive at allmaybe your 1 is corrupted
changing product code will void warranty even if i return the product code to its original code after update?? and is there anyway to make it not possible to discover that the code was changed or not?
can anyone suggest me a good antivirus for this cell....as i doubt that i have virus in my cell...
gsmarena,please re-review one more time our favourite 5800.we beg you from head to toe.
I downloaded an application from the ovi store viz Playlist Dj but for some reason i cant find it in the applications menu I then used the search app on my 5800 and did find the application could anyone please tell me how could i get it in the applications menu
leo, 29 Jan 2010my software updater cannot update to ver 4.0,any body know why?I tried updating the update option in phone but couldnt, but was successful when I updated through OVIsuite! So I would suggest download OVIsuite first and then upload it, it should work.
Can anybody tell me that, which one is better for carry & use. Nokia 5800 or Nokia N78
Hi, how do i get my phone to dsplay the name of my contacts that are callng me because evrytme i receive a call it just displays call calling, please help!