alarm, 21 Jan 2010about the alarm if your phone is locked then you must slide your finger from left to right to... moreHi,
Yes, I also just found that I must "slide" on the screen (instead of pressing/touching).
So, v40.0.005 is better than v31.0.101.
about the alarm if your phone is locked then you must slide your finger from left to right to stop the alarm, to snooze right to left
Good news today for Symbian users. Skyfire 1.5 for Symbian is now available.
This is a production build for Symbian S60 3rd Edition phones. Skyfire for Symbian S60 5th Edition is a public beta release at this time.
To get it, go to http://get.skyfire.com with your phone's built-in browser.
(If you currently have Skyfire 1.1 on your Symbian phone you should not need to uninstall first. If your phone has an alpha version of Skyfire 1.5 then you will need to uninstall Skyfire before installing the new release.)
Please enjoy the new release and please let us know here on the forums if you have any questions or feedback.
Release notes follow.
Skyfire 1.5 for Symbian S60 3rd and 5th Edition Release Notes
Release date: January 20, 2010
We are excited to release the new version of Skyfire 1.5 for Symbian S60 devices.
The release now comes with an intuitive user interface and enhanced performance for a faster browsing experience. In addition Skyfire is for the first time available for 5th edition S60 devices with touchscreen support and a finger-friendly interface to take advantage of the popular platform.
What’s new with Skyfire 1.5 for Symbian S60 3rd edition?
* Smooth Scrolling: Scroll operations are more fluid.
* Updated user interface for 3rd edition devices
* Performance tweaks: Many small enhancements for a more robust and faster browsing experience
What’s new with Skyfire 1.5 for Symbian S60 5th edition (Beta)?
* Available for the first time on Symbian S60 5th edition
* Finger friendly UI: A new, intuitive, and finger friendly UI for high resolution touchscreen devices provides an easier browsing experience
* Smooth Scrolling: Kinetic scrolling has been enabled to Skyfire. Pan or flick the screen to move in any direction smoothly on touchscreen
* Full screen mode: For touchscreen, browse in full screen mode with no UI elements on the screen for maximum page visibility
* Auto-Rotate: Browse in portrait or landscape mode with a simple change of the device orientation
Skyfire on Symbian S60 inherits all the unique Skyfire benefits that make it the best mobile browsing experience available:
* Free mobile browser: The only mobile web browser to support all the rich media on the web for PC like web browsing experience
* Watch any video: Skyfire is the only mobile browser that gives access to the full media experience on the internet by supporting Flash 10, Silverlight 3.0 and Windows Media. Catch up on the freshest Sports commentary, celebrity gossip or TV on your phone!
* Share instantly: Easily share what you find on the web or what you are up to. Post web pages and status updates to Facebook and Twitter, with one click!
* Stay connected: Check your Gmail, follow your friends' Facebook and Twitter updates, and keep track of news, sports, video and other content in your own customizable activity feed
* Blazing fast: Skyfire fires up fast and web pages load quickly. Skyfire is the fastest mobile browser available in market
To install Skyfire 1.5 on Symbian S60 devices, point your mobile browser to get.skyfire.com or follow the upgrade notification within your existing Skyfire browser once available.
Your Skyfire Team
cooley, 21 Jan 2010Hi..Got my Nokia 5800 for about 3months..I'm experienced FREEZE and HUNG UPS on my phone and n... morego to message setting->message center and change the last digit of the message center number, if it ends with 0,change it to 1, i,ve been working as a technical support rep for so many years,trouble shooting mobile phone and internet problems so try this out, pls send me your feedback after trying it. . .
Are they joking? Full touch screen with only 3.15MP camera. Guys check out Sony Ericsson Satio. 12MP camera plus futuristic features that nokia cannot offer
Hi..Got my Nokia 5800 for about 3months..I'm experienced FREEZE and HUNG UPS on my phone and now got a problem with it..suddenly I can't send text message anymore.I tried to turned off then turned it on again,still the same "CAN'T SEND MESSAGE".I even tried to remove my sim card,still the same "CAN'T SEND MESSAGE"..I also tried to put my sim card to other NOKIA 5800(it works_I thought that the problem is with my simcard) then I put my friend's sim card on my phone then He got the same Error(CAN'T SEND MESSAGE).Can anybody who has the same phone as I have(NOKIA 5800) tell me if you had the same problem I got? Thanks..
Guys,z there nyway,u cn mark stuf wthout havin to go to options thn mark!
with nokia 5800 and 5730 well nokia 5800 is symbian 60 v5 while nokia 5730 is 60 v3. and nokia 5730 is not touchscreen and small screen but its for me,hope it help
IMO nokia 5800 and 5530 the difference is 3G support which i need for video calling fring.
skyfire 1.5 beta nokia 5800 now you can play facebook farmville.enjoy
skyfire 1.5 beta touchscreen for nokia 5800 available with flash support.enjoy
Fan, 20 Jan 20105730 or 5800 5730 seems to have a better camera and I am concerned with the camera thing(have... more5730 may have good camera than that of 5800... but 5800 is a better fone... the choice is urs...
Please help. The Telephone key pad and phone book at the bootom of my main screen wont work and the shortcuts bar isn't showing even though I set it to show.