Guys & frnds from any part of INDIA no need to hack or change product code... Easy way to download F/W Over The Air(OTA) thru aircel or airtel gprs. Update is just a small 15mb file (Damn pleasent news)...
1. Dial *#0000# and click options --> check for updates --> select internet as a connection (those who are aircel subscribers select aircel online as a default connection).
2. Wait for a minute it shows checking updates and finally a mssg shows updates available V40.0.01 and File size 14537Kb (Just a small 15mb file is a glad news) and then click accept, it shows file downloading..
PLS NOTE it:
1. pls plug in the charger to the phone during updates or charge ur phone fully before updates..
2. Always recommended to update F/W in nights bcas after 11p.m aircel gprs gets damn speeed nearly 10-15kbps & it tooks just an hour to download the F/W..In days it tooks up nearly 3-4hrs..
3. pls dont press any buttons during updates...
Frnds replies and comments are welcome pls.....
guys, v 40 is available in India. Its available via net as well as gprs. Just updated my 5800.
Anonymous, 19 Jan 2010BIG problem Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software update (v40.0.005) After completing charging... moreHelp Nokia?, yes!!!. if only they have a heart to their customers who bought this unit, they can do that......... People! if Nokia still release a faulty products of them that surely knew by them..... Time to shift to walkie talky!!!!!!!LOL:)
The V40.0.005 firmware had some bug.
once the keypad is locked, try to charge your phone by plugging in the charger.
The screen will light up and it will NEVER turn off unless you unlock the keypad.
Same go to even u manually off the screen when charging. after complete charge. the screen will light up and stay light up....
modifii, 18 Jan 2010Updated to v40.
But still that error black screen with colorful strips on right side is there.Hey dude the same fu*king error with colour stripes on the top right side of the screen sticks with my phone also & it occurs when phone restarts automatically
am i correct???
is there any solution dude...
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software update (v40.0.005)
After completing charging, the screen pop up message "Charged complete" and LCD backlight turn on.
The problem is after turn ON. It stay on. Bugs bugs bugs on V40.0.005
Nokia Please help..............
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Sorry for the previous reply, its already available in the Philippines.. Check your phone update service now kababayans.....
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software update (v40.0.005)
To all Nokia 5800 users, do you all experience this problem. When I left the phone for charging, upon complete charging. The LCD backlight continues to turn on. I had confirmed with lot of my friend and all experience this problem.
This is a big problem as if one’s leave the phone to charge over night. The backlight will be on continuously and affect the life span of the backlight.
Nokia please rectify this bug, as it will affect all Nokia 5800 users. Thanks.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Where did you get that V40? Even in Nokia Site, still V31.
Gopi, 18 Jan 2010Guys, I am from bangalore, recently I upgraded my Nokia 5800 to v40, every thing went smoothly... moreEldar frm mobile-review confirmed that v40 for nokia 5800xm isnt fully implemented so, there may be some bugs like calendar plugin missing in homescreen, non transparent music keys widget in homescreen, screen light bugs.....
frnds the above known bugs & thats why no official CHANGE LOG available so we need to wait for final F/W updates..
Anonymous, 18 Jan 2010i am from india...i just upgraded my nokia 5800 to v.40 but i am facing one problem after the ... moreHey u, our phone 5800xm is equipped with light sensor (automatically adjusts the backlight brightness)..
so backlight may gets dim bcas of bright background & this isnt F/W probs frnd...
i have a blue UK version, bot n using in Singapore...
version was 21.xx.25...checked for updates ever since i bot in June...there weren't any...so i changed the product code and updated it...software i used was
install, run, click on magnifying glass icon->click on phone info -> click read -> enter new product code ->click write -- exit nss (if u r scared of adwares uninstall nss) -> disconnect fone and switch off n switch on -> run NSU -> now check... i had checked for update right after changing p-code but it said no updates, but i got it after i restarted the fone and ran NSU once again...
Problems I am facing after update
1. ran out of battery n got switched off, but it would not start after charging for a while, was showing the NOKIA screen and not going further...removed battery to switch off...finally had to start fone without memory card and it started normally, then I switched off n inserted the card...it started
2. nokia maps hung, rest of the apps were working, cud not shut down maps, so had to switch off, but the same prob as the first...had to remove mem card to start up...
no other probs so far..
sup ppl i live in south africa, i just got the phone yesterday, it seems like a good phone, but i want the best out of it, is v40 availible in south africa and how do i get it?
Hi V40 is already available in the philippines. IVe just updated my last night
if you update your firmware to v40 you'll have kinetic scrolling. just updated my a couple of days ago and its great
When will v40 be implemented in the philippines? Dont tell me we will (again) have to wait a year before we get our update? QQ! Wtf are you doing nokia? I mean we are one of your most active costumers cause as they say we are the texting capital of the world and we mostly use nokia phones, so why in the blue sky would you deny us such a sweet upgrade?