Have 3 questions -
1. Any ideas to increase touchscreen sensitivity?
2. In one review else where I read "Stylus plectrum in wrist strap" as the contents. Is this really a stylus and can be used on the screen?
3. Any good apps to place shortcuts on the main screen?
Any inputs are much appreciated! Thanks.
The good (my bit) -
1. Screen quality and brilliance
2. Phone features
3. Additional features like 3G and GPS
4. Music quality is good. Radio reception is also good.
5. Good support provided by Nokia - online updating and apps etc. Also the PC suite is good
6. Lots of third party apps available
The bad (my lil bit) -
1. Touchscreen sensitivity is not good, have to press hard
2. Stylus is flimsy like a plastic tooth-pick - may break anytime
3. Same old boring UI
4. Can not customise the screen features and functions
5. File management - moving and copyfiles, multi-file selection, etc is a little tedious
6. Can not play some hi-def videos
The ugly (I don't care about these much)-
1. The camera quality
2. Other features like file viewers, etc
3. SMS-ing is a little tedious
4. Should have more options to customize the onescreen keypad.
5. UI should be tweakable - placing shortcuts on the screen, etc.
Anonymous, 01 Dec 2009i was wanting to get samsung star wifi but ive read that the wifi is so bad, it does not work.... moreYes tested the Wi-Fi and it works good. Didn't try it on the move though, so won't be able to comment on it. I'm not sure which country you are from, but here in India the difference in prices of both is minimal. But 5800XM has a upper hand because it has GSP built in. Good luck! This is a good phone for the price it asks.
i was wanting to get samsung star wifi but ive read that the wifi is so bad, it does not work. so for this phone, is the wifi okay? any trouble w/ it? nokia has always been user-friendly..
This is logsha using 5800 xpress music for the past 2 months. It is fantabulous and user friendly.
why rotate me or alert me nt work in 5800...i have hacked my phone and installed on phone it doesnt create problem while installing but when i click on icon it just blink and it doesnt open cananybody tell me why ?
Latest version available is v31.0.008. I am from India just got it uodated at Nokia Care.
Hi guys....i am facing display problem....i am giving my phone to repair....can anyone tell that the in how many days i will get back my phone and is they give any alternate phone to use....please reply....please....
for Guys using 5800 in India.... TV-Out cable is not a gamble, it is just missing from the box. but works great if you manahge to buy. I got it(ORIGINAL) from Nehru Place, Delhi for mere 150/ Rs.(US$3 appx.), but you should be a big time bargainer. He qouted it for 450/-Rs. YIPPPPEEEEEEE............
rick, 30 Nov 2009 does any body can tell me about the tvoutput support.today i bought a nokia 5800 and there is... moreMy 5800 didnt cum with da tv out cable or does it say tv out on the box. But it does support tv out because theres a tv out option in the phone settings menu
modifii, 30 Nov 2009His ears & headphone both are fine, he is saying right the Senheiser headphone coming with 580... more
hy modifii can you tell me which headphone or earphone
is best for listeninig music for nokia 5800
1.creative ep 630
2.sennheiser pmx 60
4. or any other branded your choice
plz tell me asap
SUN, 30 Nov 2009Gilly Rocket:: dont encourage and dont become happy also out of nokia 5800 as you born this ha... moreHey frnd whats ur problem???? I just posted the news about 5800xm Latest F/W v40 & Encouraging 5800xm isn't my job....I think that recommending 5800xm for everyone isn't a big mistake bcas nice phone & everybody happy with it, even me also... Nokia soldout more than 9million 5800xm device... This isn't a damn great device but it surely worth for our money... one or more Problemised handsets among 9 million devices is really shame thing from nokia & maybe u got this type of handsets unluckily... For this u need to try NPD for exchanging new 5800xm if they aren't responding properly try Nokia headoffice directly then try consumer courts or human rights commision for free.... otherwise i accept u that diwali offer snhes headset is worst thing.... pls frnd kind advice dont blame others....
Hello guys! anybody here knows how to send a saved application in the memory card through blutooth? Plz help me. My only problem is that it hangs up sumtyms. Maybe bcoz of low internal memory. Hav u experienced it? But over all its cool, sleek design, flawless wifi etc. Rich audio, camera not that bad.
What is the latest firmware version for Nokia 5800 xpressmusic? The software version on mine Nokia phone is 21.2.025. Should I upgrade to the latest firmware? Thank you for any advices
rick, 30 Nov 2009 does any body can tell me about the tvoutput support.today i bought a nokia 5800 and there is... moreI live in Canada, Ontario, Toronto. I got a Nokia 5800 xpressmusic from Rogers about 2 months ago. My cellphone has TVOUT cable and I already tried it on TV and it works great.