..., 01 Dec 2009what does proximity sensor do? what is it? thanks guys.Proximity sensor, as I read, is for the touchscreen. It basically disables the touchscreen function during a phone call because you would hold the cell phone to your ears. The touchscreen is disabled so that there are no accidental touches.
the speaker is pretty good . it's spkeaker is the best between all nokia phones .
and the screen is very big . it's 3 inches .
and the camera is very good indoor or outdoor .
i been using nokia 6233 and thinking to buy nokia 5800 is it worthey.....
wats this guys v31.0.008.and my facebook is not allowing me to upload a pic
ganze, 01 Dec 2009why rotate me or alert me nt work in 5800...i have hacked my phone and installed on phone it d... moreHey frnd pls reply me abut hack procedure & where i need to download them... is there any probs occur when i hacked my phone... pls reply buddy ASAP....
Have 3 questions -
1. Any ideas to increase touchscreen sensitivity?
2. In one review else where I read "Stylus plectrum in wrist strap" as the contents. Is this really a stylus and can be used on the screen?
3. Any good apps to place shortcuts on the main screen?
Any inputs are much appreciated! Thanks.
The good (my bit) -
1. Screen quality and brilliance
2. Phone features
3. Additional features like 3G and GPS
4. Music quality is good. Radio reception is also good.
5. Good support provided by Nokia - online updating and apps etc. Also the PC suite is good
6. Lots of third party apps available
The bad (my lil bit) -
1. Touchscreen sensitivity is not good, have to press hard
2. Stylus is flimsy like a plastic tooth-pick - may break anytime
3. Same old boring UI
4. Can not customise the screen features and functions
5. File management - moving and copyfiles, multi-file selection, etc is a little tedious
6. Can not play some hi-def videos
The ugly (I don't care about these much)-
1. The camera quality
2. Other features like file viewers, etc
3. SMS-ing is a little tedious
4. Should have more options to customize the onescreen keypad.
5. UI should be tweakable - placing shortcuts on the screen, etc.
Anonymous, 01 Dec 2009i was wanting to get samsung star wifi but ive read that the wifi is so bad, it does not work.... moreYes tested the Wi-Fi and it works good. Didn't try it on the move though, so won't be able to comment on it. I'm not sure which country you are from, but here in India the difference in prices of both is minimal. But 5800XM has a upper hand because it has GSP built in. Good luck! This is a good phone for the price it asks.
i was wanting to get samsung star wifi but ive read that the wifi is so bad, it does not work. so for this phone, is the wifi okay? any trouble w/ it? nokia has always been user-friendly..
This is logsha using 5800 xpress music for the past 2 months. It is fantabulous and user friendly.
why rotate me or alert me nt work in 5800...i have hacked my phone and installed on phone it doesnt create problem while installing but when i click on icon it just blink and it doesnt open cananybody tell me why ?
Latest version available is v31.0.008. I am from India just got it uodated at Nokia Care.
Hi guys....i am facing display problem....i am giving my phone to repair....can anyone tell that the in how many days i will get back my phone and is they give any alternate phone to use....please reply....please....
for Guys using 5800 in India.... TV-Out cable is not a gamble, it is just missing from the box. but works great if you manahge to buy. I got it(ORIGINAL) from Nehru Place, Delhi for mere 150/ Rs.(US$3 appx.), but you should be a big time bargainer. He qouted it for 450/-Rs. YIPPPPEEEEEEE............