Nazia Pakistan-Karac, 04 Nov 2009Masha Allah this phone is really Gr8 I have been using it past 8 months and have no complain o... moreHi buddy the camera result is so much improved after new firmware
can someone pls help me with navigation on 5800 every time i try to go into maps the phone hangs,(got my Gprs activated too)have downloaded nokia ovi maps also but cant navigate, pls help guys if u all can.
Mujtaba Chaudhry, 03 Nov 2009hey i dont have Office word, excel and others in my nokia 5800 xpressmusic..plz guide me as so... morefor nokia 5800 softwaer,themes & games
Go to www.mobile9.com and select nokia 5800 softwaer and in search tab (office full) it's the program you need
Download it & ENJOY
Sorry about my English, Good luck
mike, 04 Nov 2009hi guys please help me.. first time i decided to buy phone, my option is 5800, but now there a... moreBuy the 5800 XM, and you will never regret it. I didn't, I like SE phones but that did not stop me from buying the 5800, for the price and function it's the best. IMHO...
Firmware v31 : camera improve~ :) for my phone.. Dunno wit ur phone hehe
it's a nice phone i bought it a week ago!!but it's heating very soon,,,,anyone can help???
Hello friends. I am using this phone since 3 months and I think its the perfect phone for Music Lovers, has got big screen and its like a fully loaded. The price is attractive too.
If anybody is having problem with homescreen. i.e homescreen icons stop responding then hard format ur phn. Ist take backup of ur phn, thn swtch off ur phn. Then swtch on ur phn holding 3 keys. green red & camera key. Dnt release the three keys till the handshake comes on screen.
hi guys please help me.. first time i decided to buy phone, my option is 5800, but now there are 2 option phone that makes me confuse to make a choose which one is better there are LG KM900 arena and SAMSUNG i900 OMNIA.. if we compare there are have good and bad fasilities.. such as.. :
1. Nokia 5800 :
( + )
- good brand
- os : symbian ( new version )
- lots of third application
- 16M color
- 3,2 inches
- complete audio n video formats
- ready stock
- lots of Nokia service centre
- price $280
( - )
- too plastic (looks like toys)
- lots of user said the touchscreen not too responsive
- camera is bad
- internal memory too small
- cpu only 365mhz
- hsdpa only 3,6mbps
- resolution only 360 x 400 pixles
- release on august 2008
2. LG KM900 ARENA :
( + )
- casing is good looking ( expensive look like )
- use capasitive touchscreen ( very-2 responsive like iphone )
- user interface use S-Class 3D the newest UI ever had
- good camera 5mp 2592х1944 pixels, Schneider-Kreuznach ( the best one )
- good video (720x480@30fps, VGA@30fps, QVGA time-lapse and slow-mo video recording)
- 8Gb internal memory n 32GB eksternal microSD
- quick accelomator sensor for ui auto rotate
- 480x800 pixels
- multi touch
- very good audio ( use dolby mobile sound entertaiment)
- HSDPA 7,2mbps
- geo tagging with face detector on the camera
- realese april 2009 ( still new )
( - )
- no operating system
- no application store for this type arena
- low battery capable coz only 1000mah
- display only 3 inche
- hard to find this gadged in my place
- price $380
( unfortunately coz im very fall in love with this arena)
3. SAMSUNG i900 OMNIA
( + )
- Opeating system windows mobile 6.1 profesional
- huge display 3,2 inches
- lots of third applications
- 5mp camera
- geotagging face detector camera
- better touchscreen response than 5800 but lose if compare with arena
( - )
- ui not too a live with widget.. lose if wanna compare with arena ui s-class where is so so alive with it 3D like iphone ui( user interface )
- resolusion is still 65.000
- still 240 x 400 pixles
- the start menu on windows mobiles is too original with white background.
- realese on july 2008 ( all enough ) n no produse anymore
- price $380
actually im very like LG km900 arena but its not have os n poor batteray life n no ready stock in my place have to waiting that all my complain but i still consider for 5800 or omnia.. so guys please give me input, advise which is the best for me.. coz tommorow i wanna buy one of this gadget..
for note : 5800 n omnia ready stock
arena still waiting.. n dont know where it is.
thanks alotttttttttttt... reply me pleaseeeeeee...
hey friends..iwanna buy this phone...is it a good buy or there are better phones available at the same price???
plzzz reply to this soon...does it have any internal problems???
i just need to know that is this phone 5800 howz the phone like is dere any problem comes while using this phone nd howz the battery backup nd camera clearity nd all type of fetures which this phone is having plsz if somebody know plsz call me on my number 9988065770.....
I thought i was the only one suffering. If there is a solun out there please inform
mike, 04 Nov 2009whats new in firmware 31?Nothing new....Googled lot about V31 still no change log available
I just bought it a while ago. It's a good phone, the only problem is that it;s hard to post something on facebook like for instance, the "WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND", it's making me go crazy. can anybody help me?...
Masha Allah this phone is really Gr8 I have been using it past 8 months and have no complain only camera at night is very bad but day time camera & Video result is awsome if any one buying it for Camera plzz do not buy if you want good camera phone go for N82 which is i think discontineu.
This Nokia 5800 is specially for vewing like Mp4 Videos the result touch is super fine & music also awsome I suggerst Video Lover & Music Lover can only buy this mobile but Camera Lovers avid buying it because of Night the result is same like VGA Camera.
This is my honest opinion and review regarding this Nokia 5800 I hope all you peoples who are confused weather to buy it or not the concept has beed very much cleared now !!!
gin, 04 Nov 2009can anyone please help, i got N5800 Xpress Music n it will turn off suddenly. thanksame thing happened, took it 2 nokia help centre, they said that one of the wires that conects the phone to the battery gets loose, the take 20 minutes to fix, then if you have any other problems tell them, this happened to me 5 weeks ago, now it perfect!
Go to nokia help centre or a nokia store, or anything nokia and they'll fix it or tell you where to go.
i use night portrait settings for night shots. it works well only for close up shots. the night mode without flash suppose to take pictures in natural light tone during night without flash but its just horrible.
i dono if u ppl even tried other phones. sony ericsson for eg takes amazing pictures during nights.. am not talking about the grains. i accept it comes with every phone cam during night shots. but in our tube the the clarity itself is so bad during night. no matter whatever settings u use. its ok for close up night shots but for long shots or even mid level shots it only gives a very blurred image....